Eremencko speaks out

Mad Dog Frazer

Say What Again

Rangers were brutal in that Cup tie.

Some of the challenges flying in were a disgrace and it's very doubtful other clubs players would have been met with such leniency.

Rangers were brutal in that Cup tie.

Some of the challenges flying in were a disgrace and it's very doubtful other clubs players would have been met with such leniency.

I agree with this. There were the two early bookings and then Lafferty on the half hour then, shockingly, the referee just stopped taking action against the disgraceful tackling by Rangers. No idea how McCulloch stayed on the pitch, oh wait, Ibrox ... in the cup ... never mind.

J Cheever Loophole

I agree with this. There were the two early bookings and then Lafferty on the half hour then, shockingly, the referee just stopped taking action against the disgraceful tackling by Rangers. No idea how McCulloch stayed on the pitch, oh wait, Ibrox ... in the cup ... never mind.

Serious post,I watched the game and the treatment he got WAS brutal and at the end of the day it worked because Emerenko disappeared after he realized he would not get any protection from ANY of the officials.

Naismiths second yellow in the cup match might tend to suggest otherwise?

However I'm never sure if it's even worth giving a Rangers player a yellow or not, since it tends to give them a free reign after that with the Ref knowing he's got only one, nah lets call it three, yellow card tackles left before he gets........a stiff lecture :down:

Naismiths second yellow in the cup match might tend to suggest otherwise?

However I'm never sure if it's even worth giving a Rangers player a yellow or not, since it tends to give them a free reign after that with the Ref knowing he's got only one, nah lets call it three, yellow card tackles left before he gets........a stiff lecture :down:

I was pleased with Calum Murray's performance, but I don't think it is a stretch to call it the exception rather than the rule ...

Fozzyonthefence

Have to agree with McCoist - they don't target anybody for special attention - they just kick and elbow everybody in the opposition.

I was pleased with Calum Murray's performance, but I don't think it is a stretch to call it the exception rather than the rule ...

Indeed. With another ref It's quite possible Naisy :yucky: might have received only a stiff lecture for the tackle that got him his 1st yellow.

mahgrassyshoes

to be fair they didnt pick up the original story did they??

theyve just got Mccoists reaction to the story

:whistling:

The daily record article is from the 4th of February and the Scotsman article is from the 9th of February. :whistling:

Ally Alexander

The daily record article is from the 4th of February and the Scotsman article is from the 9th of February. :whistling:

You are looking at the wrong date - both are from the 4th.

You can start sounding hypocritical in these types of debate. The bottom line is, its up to the ref to govern the game properly.

I want Hearts to be full blooded and compete, ffs its a physical game, but its simply down to the referee to be strong enough to stamp out any untoward behaviour or over the top contact.

yes, maybe other clubs wouldn`t get away with what Rangers do but all the same they go out to compete like winners and we should do that more.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

You can start sounding hypocritical in these types of debate. The bottom line is, its up to the ref to govern the game properly.

I want Hearts to be full blooded and compete, ffs its a physical game, but its simply down to the referee to be strong enough to stamp out any untoward behaviour or over the top contact.

yes, maybe other clubs wouldn`t get away with what Rangers do but all the same they go out to compete like winners and we should do that more.

Was thinking this today... I think that -within reason- I would rather we were allowed to get away with some of the physicality Rangers do, rather than them be pedanticaly pulled up for any little thing like the rest of us.

Archived