Blasts from the past

The Merse

The appointment of Rix and the farce that came with it.

Post match strop in the dressing room after that great win in Basle - seriously made me wonder WTF was going on at the club and whether Vlad actually understood the passion.

Firework Phil getting fired off. For me, the first real signs that the club was out of control.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when you look at how utterly dull and drab other clubs are, I'm glad we are on the rollercoaster still, and not the tea-cups.

100% THIS.

At least we aint boring :thumb:

Party pieces from dancing bears...

Buying submarines...and then some cow parade cows....

Messages in latin left for Vladimir in the EEN classifieds

His love-in with Brooks Mileson (they made quite a formidable duo... :) )

The wonderfully batty 'agents and the road to hell' Christmas message, frog poetry, that pic of him on a beach with his trousers all rolled up just below the knee....

The much anticipated but woefully bad BBC documentary that revealed absolutely nothing remotely interesting or dodgy whatsoever (allegations re pension schemes excepted)

The hatkicking episode

This is fun. :)

was there not a machine brought in where players had to stick their finger in it to see if they were fit to play?

i'm sure big edgaras got told he had a leg injury from his finger reading.

could have been a lot worse right enough.

seem to remember a tale about how vlad was up at inverness for a game (0-0 in 05/06 i think) and got his driver to stop on the way back down. he's supposed to have dragged his entourage away into the woods so he could have a meditation session.

he was also said to be right into his new age stuff like crystal pyramids and eating volcanic dust and stuff.

i believe it all.

The room in Lithuania somewhere full of arch lever files crammed with player profiles....and marked with Vlad's personal ratings...

Has pyjama man been mentioned?

What about the Screpis contract situation - that was all a bit weird? Same with Nade - what contract Christian? :laugh:

Alex Koslovski and his "statistical analysis".

The room in Lithuania somewhere full of arch lever files crammed with player profiles....and marked with Vlad's personal ratings...

:lol:

complete with the highly scientific rating system. 1, 2 or 3.

i wonder what players vlad had down as a 1. apart from julien brellier.

Charlie "Doormat" Mann and the bananas in the press-box. Seriously dodgy.

Koslovski and the xenophobia claim as already mentioned.

"None" on here. WTF?

:down:

seem to remember a tale about how vlad was up at inverness for a game (0-0 in 05/06 i think) and got his driver to stop on the way back down. he's supposed to have dragged his entourage away into the woods so he could have a meditation session.

he was also said to be right into his new age stuff like crystal pyramids and eating volcanic dust and stuff.

i believe it all.

You've just made all this stuff up.

But I like it.

:thumbsup:

Anyone remember the thread which claimed that Vlad phoned up some old guy at a boozer in down town Edinburgh for advice on tactics and transfer buys!? :lol:

The sacking of Burley was my Hearts 'JFK' moment. I truely couldn't believe that we were throwing this amazing period straight down the toilet.

The signing of Rix made me unbelievably angry. His displays in the dug out, sipping bovril with that ****ing lizard tongue of his made me so, so frustrated. We had went from having a master in the dug out to having an absolute clown of a man leading the team. I knew then that things were going to get very, very bad in terms of VR's decision making. I don't think anything prepared me for Malofeev.

I remember feeling during the his days that we were simply ****ed. My feeling for Hearts was at an all time low. Utterly dejected. The ER league cup game was quite simply dreadful.

I don't want to return to those days. Ever.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Can look back at all this shite and find it hilarious. Totally raging when these things were actually going on though :lol:

The sacking of Burley was my Hearts 'JFK' moment. I truely couldn't believe that we were throwing this amazing period straight down the toilet.

The signing of Rix made me unbelievably angry. His displays in the dug out, sipping bovril with that ****ing lizard tongue of his made me so, so frustrated. We had went from having a master in the dug out to having an absolute clown of a man leading the team. I knew then that things were going to get very, very bad in terms of VR's decision making. I don't think anything prepared me for Malofeev.

I remember feeling during the his days that we were simply ****ed. My feeling for Hearts was at an all time low. Utterly dejected. The ER league cup game was quite simply dreadful.

It was tea. :)

It was tea. :)

I loved the poster called 'heres Rixy'. Had an avatar of the shining with Rix' face.

What happened to him.

Anyone remember the thread which claimed that Vlad phoned up some old guy at a boozer in down town Edinburgh for advice on tactics and transfer buys!?

Ah yes, the Mystery Man by the payphone in the Jolly Judge. That was tremendous :)

Charlie-Brown

None was great. Did he not end up getting banned under millions of different names?

a million is probably an exaggeration but it was certainly a helluva LOT of different user-names .... sometimes several a day!

a million is probably an exaggeration but it was certainly a helluva LOT of different user-names .... sometimes several a day!

sounds a bit like the M.O. of a complete lunatic who used to infest the EEN boards called 'riley hamish'.

an utter fruitcake but could also be extremely funny.

Toxteth O'Grady

Do you ever hear from your old friend?

sounds a bit like the M.O. of a complete lunatic who used to infest the EEN boards called 'riley hamish'.

an utter fruitcake but could also be extremely funny.

I used to spend hours each day fighting with that tool.

Think I wasted a month of my life trying to out him as a Murderwell fan - a complete lunatic but a master wind-up.

maroonplatoon87

Anyone remember when we hired a comedian to relax the players prior to a derby at Easter Rd??

The Romanov documentary on BBC1, said something about press becoming "skeletons in coffins"

Crazy times

I used to spend hours each day fighting with that tool.

Think I wasted a month of my life trying to out him as a Murderwell fan - a complete lunatic but a master wind-up.

:lol:

he was a genius. probably now long since chucked into a soft walled room and forgotten about.

My mate and myself were doing surveys at a Tescos in Ireland the day he was sacked. When I got the call from my old man my mate genuinely thought someone had died by the expression on my face. To be fair, it almost felt like someone had.

The sacking of Burley was my Hearts 'JFK' moment.

After a busy Saturday morning, I was driving past Tesco at Eskbank on my way to the game. Tuned in to Radio Scotland for Off the Ball only to hear Stuart Cosgrove deliver the breaking news from Tynecastle that GB had left the club. Thought it was one of their wind-ups at first. Took a few minutes to realise it was actually happening. :lol:

I got a text from a friend who supports Partick Thistle saying that Burley had been sacked. I thought it was a wind up at first...

I hate this thread.

It is a reminder of the difficult times and I find it really hard to read a lot of this. We are a hugely strong club and, please excuse the pun, have a loyal support which dragged us through it. Some of the times mentioned on here are on par with the "not fit for purpose" AGM and standing in the rain at Saughton Park.

What I will say, is I shudder at some of the things Romanov DIDN'T do because he was convinced it was a bad idea at the last minute.

Do you ever hear from your old friend?

:laugh:

Seriously?!?!?!

mulleted_jambo

I actualy hung up on my mate as I was convinced he was talking rubbish about Burley being sacked. I just didn't think it was possible. One of my worst moments a sa Hearts fan.

Lots to laugh about on this thread though. Mainly because it appears those crazy days are behind us.

pettigrewsstylist

Any time under Malofeev. Seriously bad times under him. Went to Easter Road for a CIS cup tie and played shockingly bad, his tactics that night were outrageous.

Another that sticks in my mind is the infamous Kurskis game at home to Inverness. Made an error for one of the goals (I think) then got sent off, Lee Wallace went in goals and we lost the game in the last minute. He was one crazy goalkeeper.

Just noticed this has been mentioned, oh well :lol:.

When we came out for 2nd half and we all stared at RN lining up at RM???? Mental :down:

I loved the poster called 'heres Rixy'. Had an avatar of the shining with Rix' face.

What happened to him.

I'd love you too if you knew I was here... :teehee:

Another memory was Five Live hosting a fans forum which had Brian Alexander flapping in desperation into getting Hearts supporters to slag off our club. He was no doubt expecting the programme to feature this lynch mob against the nasty foreigner but instead had punters who were still defiant and those sniping at our beloved. It ended with one fan giving quite possibly one of the best eulogies on what it means to support Hearts. For the life of me I wish I could remember what he said but the applause over the airwaves was quite loud - as was the praise for this individual on JKB shortly after.

Johanes de Silentio

After a busy Saturday morning, I was driving past Tesco at Eskbank on my way to the game.

That's pretty much where I was, although I was on the 141 from Loanhead to Dalkeith - the boy sitting in front of me answered his mobile and said "Hello - ******* what?" :lol:

the pre-cursor to the madness was the after-match celebrations incident in basle.

vlad's 'advisor' anatoly byshovets walking into the dressing room, going over john robertson's head and telling a bemused group of players to turn down their music and their celebrating.

i remember when this was reported thinking that there was no way something like that would happen.

:ninja:

That's pretty much where I was, although I was on the 141 from Loanhead to Dalkeith - the boy sitting in front of me answered his mobile and said "Hello - ******* what?" :lol:

It was broken to me by my Hibby flatmate.

He was off to the Hibs game and my Jambo mates had just turned up at my flat. My phone rings...

"Have you heard the breaking news in Scottish football?"

"No"

"George Burley is no longer the manager of Heart of Midlothian"

"Shut the feck up you arsehole."

Hang up.

By the time I'd hung up I had 3 texts saying Burley gone.

Weirdest atmosphere ever at Tynie that day.

Johanes de Silentio

i remember when this was reported thinking that there was no way something like that would happen.

It was kind of on the cards with Vlad signing players over Burley's head, I think - I still think it's mental to sack the manager when your team is doing so well.

Ha yeah that was the weekly letdown!! I remember my Dad telling me that his mate and his pals used to run a sweepstake on guessing the team during those times. Nobody ever got it right!!

The weekly 2:30pm text - "have you heard the team?"

5 words to make your heart sink.

To be fair, Robson was phenomenal that day. Hat-trick IIRC.

Another shite moment was when Koslovski (PRICK) claimed that we were being xenophobic in our booing of the Lithuanians/foreign players.

Think you'll find that was true.

This guy was totally cringworthy.

His team and tactics at Fester in the CIS was the most embarrassed I've ever been as a Hearts fan.

bad in any game but unacceptable in a derby.

The same team and tactics that played very, very well against Celtic the week before with the exception that Elvis was added into the team for the derby.

The opening game of the 2007/08 season. One nil home defeat to Hubz on a Monday night.

It was obvious that Angel Chernenkov (sp?) the Bulgarian chap, wasn't up to it. Frail tried his best I suppose...

Beniusis - not good enough but hung out to dry that night.

The whole gig was awful.

And we finished 8th that season.

Meh.

Archived