Is That Commentator Mad!

pie_man_out

pie_man_out

How can he say that hit his chest! I've always believed that the commentating on Scotsport is done after the game has been watched, but how the hell can he say that hit his chest and be so adamant?!

Unbelievable, after the replay from behind the goals (clearly showing the keeper sticking his arm out and deflecting it clear with his hand), C0ck Brown states it clearly hit is chest...WTF?!?!

I had hoped to see something more made of the incident on the highlights tonight.

I guess I should've known better

I'm going to face both ways on this one.

First, the commentary was unbelievable, and ridiculous for him to be so emphatic, since the ball clearly hit the guy's arm.

But, having thought at the time it was deliberate, and a clear hand-ball, probably red card, on second viewing it did look more like ball played man. So the ref got that one right, I'd say now.

First, the commentary was unbelievable, and ridiculous for him to be so emphatic, since the ball clearly hit the guy's arm.

But, having thought at the time it was deliberate, and a clear hand-ball, probably red card, on second viewing it did look more like ball played man. So the ref got that one right, I'd say now.

If it hit his arm - he should have been off. He came out looking to make a "save" - he did so, outside the box and should of walked for it.

colinmaroon

And, in passing, I think this has been mentioned somewhere else - but how the Hearts World "highlights" didn't even show thw only noteworty incident of the whole game, beggars belief!!!

It is quite simply pathetic!!!

A rule that only applied when playing with your mates in the park, as hand ball is hand ball....as in the pen we lost against well in the cup.

the keeper spread himself to stop the ball going goalward, I wonder if there will be a lukewarm reaction if there is a similar incident in the old firm game?:mw_rolleyes:

A rule that only applied when playing with your mates in the park, as hand ball is hand ball....as in the pen we lost against well in the cup.

the keeper spread himself to stop the ball going goalward, I wonder if there will be a lukewarm reaction if there is a similar incident in the old firm game?:mw_rolleyes:

Don't think so. Are you saying that every time the ball hits a player on the hand or arm it's a foul? If not, what do you mean?

Hand ball has to be "deliberate", which could include a goalie spreading himself.

For what it's worth, my reaction on Saturday wasn't lukewarm, but having seen the replay I don't think that their goalie did "spread" himself on this occasion. He slid in, and the ball struck his arm. His arm was not especially high.

I don't think we have a grievance here.

Archived