What do you feel Hearts need to do?

Jambomuzz

Problem Officer?

Actually I wasn't relating anything, I was comparing. There's a difference.

"Hullo Hullo" can be seen as sectarian.

"Oh the hibees are gay" can be seen as homophobic.

The part about our national anthem was said to compare the difference in "killing the English" and "being up to our knees in fenian blood", there isn't much difference, is there? Bar it being the Irish rather than the English.

So, surely if you feel it's ok to sing an homophobic song, yet you don't want to see us singing a sectarian song, that makes you a bit of a hypocrite does it not? Seeing as homophobia is a hatred for gays, and sectarianism is a hatred for a certain religious group.

I await your replies about there somehow being a MAJOR difference and that I'm apparently "stupid" or "at the wind up", even though I'm actually very well educated and know thoroughly what I'm talking about.

Actually I wasn't relating anything, I was comparing. There's a difference.

"Hullo Hullo" can be seen as sectarian.

"Oh the hibees are gay" can be seen as homophobic.

The part about our national anthem was said to compare the difference in "killing the English" and "being up to our knees in fenian blood", there isn't much difference, is there? Bar it being the Irish rather than the English.

So, surely if you feel it's ok to sing an homophobic song, yet you don't want to see us singing a sectarian song, that makes you a bit of a hypocrite does it not? Seeing as homophobia is a hatred for gays, and sectarianism is a hatred for a certain religious group.

I await your replies about there somehow being a MAJOR difference and that I'm apparently "stupid" or "at the wind up", even though I'm actually very well educated and know thoroughly what I'm talking about.

A couple of simple questions; Can you tell me what year it was that Heart of Midlothian fought the Irish? Can you point to the part of 'Oh the Hibees are gay' that spouts a hatred for gays? So, you may be spectacularly well educated but do try a bit harder to read what it is that people post. I am lots of things but a hypocrite isn't one of them.

Also, just to keep the record straight, I personally don't like Flower of Scotland and it was somebody else who said you were at the wind up, try reading the thread again!!

Officer and Paris, Pm each other as yous are the only 2 bothered about that issue.

CJCJ - you made some really good points. You need to take care of the fans, if you take care of them then they will take care of you!

I think they really need to hold monthly meetings with the fans, get their opinions and act on them.

Back on topic...he is my wish list..

1, Introduce a black third kit - dunno why but think it would look the dog's balls.

2. Sort the seats out in the Roseburn Stand.

3. Ban Old Filth from Tynie.

4. Pub in the Wheatfield Stand and call it 'The Dorothy Cotton Club'

5. New Stand

6. KFC to open in the ground. Hmmm bargain bucket at half time... :woot:

7. Make all half season ticket holders wear a bright green armband so True Fans can identify these Jonny Come Lately's :whistling:

8. Ensure that h**s become our feeder club when they play in the 1st Division next season.

9. Ian Black provides self protection classes to school kids in the Gorgie area as part of our committment to helping the local comminities.

10. Statue of Andy Watson outside the Roseburn :whistling:

I would be happy if a Hearts team turned up at Parkhead or Ibrox and competed, without playing as if they are beat when they get off the bus...........

Its surely not too much to ask?

scots civil war

give the fans back the section 1 no mans land.it all looks a bit disjointed and makeshift(cheap looking) in the corner....its a great section to be in on match day

halve the allocation for visiting weedgies...

get a programme going for repainting/revamping the inside of the ground...it is looking a bit shabby ..with volunteers maybe

replace the hearts legends banner stuff,with new stuff...id put them on permanent boards fixed properly to the sides of the stands

hearts sculpture at corner of mcleod street,perfect location

new stand with designated standing area

sound system at existing ground is rather brutal,wants sorted out that as it does provide the communication between hearts fc,the hosts and their punters

encourage being able to have a pint before and halftime at the ground itself

Officer and Paris, Pm each other as yous are the only 2 bothered about that issue.

fair point but...........I have no idea what Pm is or how to do it and PO? is too well educated for me anyhow. Plus 'Dancing on fcukin Ice' must be finished by now, so I'm going downstairs to rejoin my family.

give the fans back the section 1 no mans land.it all looks a bit disjointed and makeshift(cheap looking) in the corner....its a great section to be in on match day

halve the allocation for visiting weedgies...

get a programme going for repainting/revamping the inside of the ground...it is looking a bit shabby ..with volunteers maybe

replace the hearts legends banner stuff,with new stuff...id put them on permanent boards fixed properly to the sides of the stands

hearts sculpture at corner of mcleod street,perfect location

new stand with designated standing area

sound system at existing ground is rather brutal,wants sorted out that as it does provide the communication between hearts fc,the hosts and their punters

encourage being able to have a pint before and halftime at the ground itself

Thats the point I made at the start, If you had a Hearts Flag, would you pay some money to hearts to have it displayed on one of the stand walls? I certianly would. Having a wall full of fans flags and banners, would look pretty awsome I think! Plus the club is making a bit of money from it!

I think that tynecastle could do with a bit of a revamp inside also. Getting volunteers to paint wouldnt be hard I cant imagine?

rudi must stay

We should do more with the pitch they have next to the Wheatfield Stand IMO, that's a big space that they don't even use.

We should do more with the pitch they have next to the Wheatfield Stand IMO, that's a big space that they don't even use.

Yea, I think if you turn that into an all weather pitch its a good investment in the long run as local teams around edinburgh will pay to rent it for matches. All weather pitches are in high demand for youth leagues. Could turn a profit in the long run?

Problem Officer?

A couple of simple questions; Can you tell me what year it was that Heart of Midlothian fought the Irish? Can you point to the part of 'Oh the Hibees are gay' that spouts a hatred for gays? So, you may be spectacularly well educated but do try a bit harder to read what it is that people post. I am lots of things but a hypocrite isn't one of them.

Also, just to keep the record straight, I personally don't like Flower of Scotland and it was somebody else who said you were at the wind up, try reading the thread again!!

This is true, and I suppose if one was to fish for answers on this you could say something like, the Heart of Midlothian fought as a part of the British Army during The Great War, and the British Army later helped fight against the Irish during "the troubles", against the Irish. This link isn't direct, but as said if you were to try and answer this then it could be said that the Heart of Midlothian fought as a part of the same Army which later fought the IRA (the terrorist organisation that many Celtic fans sing about yada yada yada). I know this isn't exactly the most viable statement ever but at the very least it could be debated. It's also true that many people singing this chant may or may not have an idea of what it is they're singing about, but as said before mainly do it to create an atmosphere and not to be offensive.

Surely by saying their gay is atleast in some manner trying to be offensive (banter or not), otherwise it would be pretty pointless singing it.

Oh, and I was replying to CMc as well as yourself.

JamboAberdeen

Apart from the new main stand(has the highest priority though!), I'd like to see

1: score board and squad list board (no need to be electric one)

2: proper catering with more staff

3: better toilet

4: bring back "I'm so dizzy"

rudi must stay

Yea, I think if you turn that into an all weather pitch its a good investment in the long run as local teams around edinburgh will pay to rent it for matches. All weather pitches are in high demand for youth leagues. Could turn a profit in the long run?

a small profit perhaps. But bound to be more than it's making at the moment :thumbsup:

a small profit perhaps. But bound to be more than it's making at the moment :thumbsup:

Even so, its investing in the community aswell, which is what hearts are all about as they have stated recently. Providing a pitch for teams to play on would help these youth teams.

This link isn't direct.....

No shit, Sherlock. :lol:

Anyway, you and Paris 84 have flogged this to death, so perhaps now would be a really good time to get back to the main point of the thread, and to leave the flag/song debate for the next time there's a thread about flags or songs on the board - which in fairness means y'all won't have to wait long. :whistling:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

A little side table for my program and hip flask.

Heated seats wouldn't go a miss and its time we had topless waitress's dishing out the Pies.

Platinum should mean Platinum.

Proper catering, free transport in dedicated buses to the games from around Edinburgh and Lothian, train station at Gorgie, great pubs built inside stadium, kids facilities (penalty comps, playstation tournaments, kids toilets, better food for them), Big Screen showing highlights from great wins, more singing, more flags, bands set up around the stadium (outside) playing music, make surrounding streets pedestrian only around the time of the match, food stalls, sunny weather, warm, big screens everywhere...in fact, make it like going to the world cup.

The way to grow any club, or business for that matter, is to appeal to a greater audienece and build a bigger customer base. I have stated on here before that there are 2 things that Hearts must focus on over all others, trying to attract more fans and creating a youth program that will rear our future squads.

I have lived in the States for almost 15 years and while I struggle to get excited about most US sports, I love just how involved communities and cities are in their teams from High School and College to Pro Sports. People just get involved and regardless of the team performance, they will go and support. Youth sports are the best example of this. I recently attended a local High School football game and was unable to get a seat in a 10,000 seat stadium and the home team were being absolutely destroyed. This was not in a big city either, but in a town not much larger than Troon.

The point to make is the success on the park is only worth something when accompanying success off the park. Focus must be made on filling seats, selling merchandise and generally getting punters excited about following their team. The match day experience must be enhanced to attract more casual fans such as pre, post and half time shows. Selling beer at Scottish football grounds is another way to draw people in. Selling pints in plastic pint glasses for 4 quid does not mean that there will be more trouble or hooliganism. Those that cause the trouble simply don't get drunk on drinks at that price!

The scoreboard idea is a great one and if it were capable of video, could show action replay within the ground and allow for another major advertising stream. It may also offer a means of reaching out to the fans emotional side by showing highlights of great victories prior to each home game. Get the punters in early, get them excited and get them spending some money at Tynecastle rather than before they get there.

Until a club like Hearts can meet the wages of the bigger leagues and clubs, which in all likelihood is never, we have to keep a cap on wages paid. When a player outgrows the system, that is time for them to be moved on at a profit. As long as the next star is waiting in the wings we will be able to continue progressing. For players to develop into sellable assets, they will have given much to the club prior to their sale. When the conveyor belt gets going, it will be an enticement to all young prospects in Scotland and even Europe and beyond. The city of Edinburgh and its standing as great place to live will also play a part in drawing young talent to the club. We may not sign million pound players but we can create them. On this front, money from sales may be better spent on a first class scouting and development system rather than overrated player replecements at high cost.

Finally, to improve the club, it must be branded the same way that multinational companies brand their products. Big time marketing consultants could be used to show where Hearts have opportunities to grow. Too often it is the Scottish way just to be happy with the status quo and hope that things will simply perpetuate because they have for so long.

Hearts have grown under Romanov and teams such as Hibs, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd have contracted. Foresight is required and it is hard to turn something around that has ceased to grow.

Rip down the floodlights and fill in the corners with seats, then put the floodlights on top of the filled in parts.

Rebuild the main stand to the same capacity as it is now. So it is modern and passes its safety certificate but there is still that feeling of history kept.

Have a statue of the terrible trio somewhere in Gorgie on the way to the stadium where it is visible for everyone. (maybe somewhere on the road between Tynie Arms and Robbo's).

Dedicate a small tasteful understated museum inside Tynecastle describing the part our players played in WW1 and some interesting memorabilia of the time which is free and open to the public at all times.

The way to grow any club, or business for that matter, is to appeal to a greater audienece and build a bigger customer base. I have stated on here before that there are 2 things that Hearts must focus on over all others, trying to attract more fans and creating a youth program that will rear our future squads.

I have lived in the States for almost 15 years and while I struggle to get excited about most US sports, I love just how involved communities and cities are in their teams from High School and College to Pro Sports. People just get involved and regardless of the team performance, they will go and support. Youth sports are the best example of this. I recently attended a local High School football game and was unable to get a seat in a 10,000 seat stadium and the home team were being absolutely destroyed. This was not in a big city either, but in a town not much larger than Troon.

The point to make is the success on the park is only worth something when accompanying success off the park. Focus must be made on filling seats, selling merchandise and generally getting punters excited about following their team. The match day experience must be enhanced to attract more casual fans such as pre, post and half time shows. Selling beer at Scottish football grounds is another way to draw people in. Selling pints in plastic pint glasses for 4 quid does not mean that there will be more trouble or hooliganism. Those that cause the trouble simply don't get drunk on drinks at that price!

The scoreboard idea is a great one and if it were capable of video, could show action replay within the ground and allow for another major advertising stream. It may also offer a means of reaching out to the fans emotional side by showing highlights of great victories prior to each home game. Get the punters in early, get them excited and get them spending some money at Tynecastle rather than before they get there.

Until a club like Hearts can meet the wages of the bigger leagues and clubs, which in all likelihood is never, we have to keep a cap on wages paid. When a player outgrows the system, that is time for them to be moved on at a profit. As long as the next star is waiting in the wings we will be able to continue progressing. For players to develop into sellable assets, they will have given much to the club prior to their sale. When the conveyor belt gets going, it will be an enticement to all young prospects in Scotland and even Europe and beyond. The city of Edinburgh and its standing as great place to live will also play a part in drawing young talent to the club. We may not sign million pound players but we can create them. On this front, money from sales may be better spent on a first class scouting and development system rather than overrated player replecements at high cost.

Finally, to improve the club, it must be branded the same way that multinational companies brand their products. Big time marketing consultants could be used to show where Hearts have opportunities to grow. Too often it is the Scottish way just to be happy with the status quo and hope that things will simply perpetuate because they have for so long.

Hearts have grown under Romanov and teams such as Hibs, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd have contracted. Foresight is required and it is hard to turn something around that has ceased to grow.

Great post!

Great post!

Cheers. I think this is a simple logical way forward. United made great progress on the park last year with a 3rd place finish and Scottish Cup win. Thye have fallen back to mediocrity this year by not having the finances, fan base or foresight to have risen to another level this year. We made big strides in 2005-06 and although we have struggled to reach those heights again until now, we can learn from those mistakes and take advantage of what appears like another golden era at Tynecastle.

Good crowds, good players, decreasing debt, scottish management and many homegrown players and some new found common sense. Pretty excited about what the next 2-3 seasons hold if we are able to keep many current players and avoid losing others before their time.

Kello, Thompson, Zalliukas, Webster, Wallace

Templeton, Skacel, Black, Driver

Elliott, Kyle

Can evolve to...

Ridgers

Thompson, McGowan, Webster, Park

Novikovas, Mulrooney, Jonnsson, Holt

Kyle, Robinson

Assuming an era where we lose Kello for 2, Wallace for 5, Driver for 3 and Templeton for 4 Million.....

jamboinglasgow

I have probably said what others have said so forgive me.

Big Things -

1) New Main Stand - Not just for the extra seats but for the extra facilities it provides. Having say Large rooms where there is enough room for members to drink before the game and in turn can be hired out for conferencing and events. A museum, decent toilet facilties etc.

Small things -

1) A walk of greats - something for when a new stand is built. Leading up to the stadium there should be a bit where great past Hearts players are celebrated. The only thing is that they must be dead or in their old age. Thus it means they have to have been truly great for the club and cant be influnced by recent events like the Hall of Fame was. Maybe also a statue of something like the terrible trio. Or how about a regular friendly with teams where Hearts players have gone onto be great players or legends so Tottenham or Derby for Dave MacKay, Everton for 'the golden vision' Alex Young or Chelsea for Tommy Walker.

2)On the stairs between section C and D can the handrails on the section C side run all the way to the top, always worry that I cant hold onto it and will slip and fall.

3) As others have said, more colour to the stadium i.e. flag days or card displays in the wheatfield. I love to see more banners up, I really did like the Pressley banner and would be good to see one or two others get one. I know some cringe at these kinds of things but I do think it does add to the atmosphere and (as annoying as the phrase is) the matchday entertainment.

Apparantly there used to be a supporters group that used to organise events in the stadium. Maybe kickback could form some kind of group that can come up with ideas and raise money to add to the atmosphere in tynecastle?

I agree with the Roseburn seats. Always looks terrible imo.

The steps? Nothing can be done mate. Yea, you've got to have the agility of a mountain goat to get down them but it's all part of the experience. :)

I would like to see Hearts install a museum somewhere in the stadium that could be easily moved to another location (ie, the new stand). I don't think we make a big enough deal of our history.

The club should also take bookings in advance for groups of stadium tours. I appeciate the old stand is the only main feature but I have been in some of the private areas & it's nice to see these parts of the ground that you'd never normally see. The old trophy room is outstanding in terms of history. Boardroom etc. The dressing rooms are good for kids to see as well. And people like to get their photos taken in the empty stadium. A modest charge could be in place & they could run them say, once/twice per month.

I'd also like a more permanent tribute to some of our legends. Bronze plaques etc.

Just my tuppenceworth. Probobly a load of shyte as usual.

Have you seen the programme recently?

Hearts (well the Trust) are revamping the tour, to be ready by April 2011. Marking the 125th anniversary (we played our first game at Tynie against Bolton on 10 April 1886), should be interesting.

I have probably said what others have said so forgive me.

Big Things -

1) New Main Stand - Not just for the extra seats but for the extra facilities it provides. Having say Large rooms where there is enough room for members to drink before the game and in turn can be hired out for conferencing and events. A museum, decent toilet facilties etc.

Small things -

1) A walk of greats - something for when a new stand is built. Leading up to the stadium there should be a bit where great past Hearts players are celebrated. The only thing is that they must be dead or in their old age. Thus it means they have to have been truly great for the club and cant be influnced by recent events like the Hall of Fame was. Maybe also a statue of something like the terrible trio. Or how about a regular friendly with teams where Hearts players have gone onto be great players or legends so Tottenham or Derby for Dave MacKay, Everton for 'the golden vision' Alex Young or Chelsea for Tommy Walker.

2)On the stairs between section C and D can the handrails on the section C side run all the way to the top, always worry that I cant hold onto it and will slip and fall.

3) As others have said, more colour to the stadium i.e. flag days or card displays in the wheatfield. I love to see more banners up, I really did like the Pressley banner and would be good to see one or two others get one. I know some cringe at these kinds of things but I do think it does add to the atmosphere and (as annoying as the phrase is) the matchday entertainment.

Chelsea have something like this. In one of the walkways to the main stand, they have big images of club legends in action; Zola, Greaves etc Looks well impressive.

Have you seen the programme recently?

Hearts (well the Trust) are revamping the tour, to be ready by April 2011. Marking the 125th anniversary (we played our first game at Tynie against Bolton on 10 April 1886), should be interesting.

Cool.

Look forward to it.

Rip down the floodlights and fill in the corners with seats, then put the floodlights on top of the filled in parts.

This, got stuck behind the floodlighting on new years day. Shit. :angry:

Archived