What do you feel Hearts need to do?

Jambomuzz

As we all know Heart of Midlothian as a team are perfect, but the fact of the matter is theres always something that can be done to improve our stature.

Disregarding spending millions of pounds on players, what do you feel Hearts/Romanov should do to improve income/fanbase, attendances, basically just improve anything.

Its just a little something YOU would like to see Hearts do, theres no need to disregard other peoples ideas because it might not be a priority, they are all just ideas after all!

I would like to see hearts replace the seats in the roseburn stand, would be nice as it would make tynecastle a bit more pleasing on the eye!

I'd also like to see Hearts take action on the steps throughout the stadium down to seats, as im sure many people will have seen/experianced a fall on them! On a wet day/ cold day they are pretty dangerous, the little bit of grit the put down doesnt really help either! haha!

Thats just a couple of little things id like to see! Plenty others i could come out with, but ill let yous have a go!

Toxteth O'Grady

Bring back the Score Angels at half time.

Do something to stop the Gents Bogs door in the Gorgie Stand from slamming on a windy day.

I agree with the Roseburn seats. Always looks terrible imo.

The steps? Nothing can be done mate. Yea, you've got to have the agility of a mountain goat to get down them but it's all part of the experience. :)

I would like to see Hearts install a museum somewhere in the stadium that could be easily moved to another location (ie, the new stand). I don't think we make a big enough deal of our history.

The club should also take bookings in advance for groups of stadium tours. I appeciate the old stand is the only main feature but I have been in some of the private areas & it's nice to see these parts of the ground that you'd never normally see. The old trophy room is outstanding in terms of history. Boardroom etc. The dressing rooms are good for kids to see as well. And people like to get their photos taken in the empty stadium. A modest charge could be in place & they could run them say, once/twice per month.

I'd also like a more permanent tribute to some of our legends. Bronze plaques etc.

Just my tuppenceworth. Probobly a load of shyte as usual.

The steps? Nothing can be done mate. Yea, you've got to have the agility of a mountain goat to get down them but it's all part of the experience. :)

I would like to see Hearts install a museum somewhere in the stadium that could be easily moved to another location (ie, the new stand). I don't think we make a big enough deal of our history.

The club should also take bookings in advance for groups of stadium tours. I appeciate the old stand is the only main feature but I have been in some of the private areas & it's nice to see these parts of the ground that you'd never normally see. The old trophy room is outstanding in terms of history. Boardroom etc. The dressing rooms are good for kids to see as well. And people like to get their photos taken in the empty stadium. A modest charge could be in place & they could run them say, once/twice per month.

I'd also like a more permanent tribute to some of our legends. Bronze plaques etc.

I agree about the tour, I went on one recently, and it cost something like ?5 for 3 of us to go round! The person taking the tours is just a volunteer that turns up when anyone wants a tour aswell! I suppose if the demand isnt there they cant run them? Who knows, but i agree it would be nice!

Rid ourselves of every class of sectarianism. From the full blown wanna be Huns to the 90 minute bigot. From the arseholes in N1 with the Red Hand flag to the 'Hello Hello' apologists. Why anyone wants to have our club bracketed with that mob is completely beyond my understanding.

This club should be a beacon to all anti old firm people, not be trying to emulate them with our own watered down version.

Need more toilets for us girls as having onlt two sets in the wheatfield is unacceptable,they also need upgraded,compared to the ones you get at other grounds i would say ours is poor,cant speak for the lads but im sure they are just as bad.

Need more toilets for us girls as having onlt two sets in the wheatfield is unacceptable,they also need upgraded,compared to the ones you get at other grounds i would say ours is poor,cant speak for the lads but im sure they are just as bad.

Half the lights in the cubicals in the mens under section D only recently got replaced, used to have to pee and hope you hit the target!! Piss poor. (pardon the pun)

I mind we were doing a project in school about 11-12 years ago and we wrote to Hearts asking if they could send us anything about the club we could use in our project ( which was ' Entertainment in Edinburgh ') they replied and also asked if we would like to go and have a stadium tour .

As you say the old stand is full of history and it is nice to get an insite to what is down the tunnel etc.

I want to say we were lucky that we got to watch the first team train there too but it was because we had just been beat 4-0 at Ibrox but when we were taken into the changing rooms we were able to sit beside the first team and ask them questions too.

We were treated with a great amount of respect ( bearing in mind we were cheeky 15year olds) and have great memories of the day and even some memorbillia

Half the lights in the cubicals in the mens under section D only recently got replaced, used to have to pee and hope you hit the target!! Piss poor. (pardon the pun)

Not enough bogroll either,i always end up in one without and the seat is wet!!! Never any hot water and there should be a seperate exit door to avoid congestion,ibrox,falkirk and even hamilton have that

Matthew Le Tissier

Just a wee daft one. To remind the wee team of there bad luck in the Scottish cup get the grounds man to cut in 1902 or 110 into the grass right infront of the roseburn so the mutants have to constantly look at =D

Just a wee daft one. To remind the wee team of there bad luck in the Scottish cup get the grounds man to cut in 1902 or 110 into the grass right infront of the roseburn so the mutants have to constantly look at =D

If i win the lottery i would hire all the advertising boards at easter road before the season and would have ' SINCE 1902 FTH ' so they have it all season

itsnomarooned

I sit in section E on a nice padded seat. I suggest that this be extended to lesser mortals - I was in the Gorgie Stand for the cup game and froze my erse off!

And a new main stand.

Problem Officer?

Rid ourselves of every class of sectarianism. From the full blown wanna be Huns to the 90 minute bigot. From the arseholes in N1 with the Red Hand flag to the 'Hello Hello' apologists. Why anyone wants to have our club bracketed with that mob is completely beyond my understanding.

This club should be a beacon to all anti old firm people, not be trying to emulate them with our own watered down version.

Every club on the face of the planet will always have arseholes in its support. Nothing can be done about it, it's a small minority anyway.

We sing one "naughty" song which we will never get punished for. Do you ever hear ANY complaints about us singing this song (hullo hullo)?

It has been sung at Hearts for years and years and creates a good atmosphere.

I bet you're against singing "oh the hibees are gay" and the like because their "homophobic"?

If everyone was such a goody 2 shoes we would be living in a fake world.

I would also like to see Hearts concentrate on cashing in on players, rather than let thier contracts run out and leave for free. More so the best talent, and always keep a policy of never selling to the old firm, unless its for an un-refusable offer!

I'm all for the scoreboard! And a serious revamp of the bogs. Obviously I would love that to happen but the council are ***** so I doubt it ever will. The seats in the roseburn are an eye sore but its not something that takes priority. There is a lot if other things need improved on first.

Jambo, Goodbye

Paint all the floodlight towers and steel above the stands white, as it stands we have some white and some pink, just white please!!!

Victor Meldrew

BRING BACK OUR PROPER CLUB BADGE!!!!!!!

How exactly is it our 'proper' badge? It certainly isn't the original one.

I think the current one is an improvement on it.

What do yous think about hosting a flag day? Cheap flags sold at a ?1 a go. Just Imagine The whole stadium bar the school end waving flags at the start of the match, would be some spectacle! I also think Hearts should for some kind of Supporters Club board that raises money and funds such events. What do yous think about that?

Because i said it is,and obviously it's not the original club emblem but it's the best we've EVER had and if you think the new one's an improvement then your a tube!

Problem Officer?

What do yous think about hosting a flag day? Cheap flags sold at a ?1 a go. Just Imagine The whole stadium bar the school end waving flags at the start of the match, would be some spectacle! I also think Hearts should for some kind of Supporters Club board that raises money and funds such events. What do yous think about that?

Indeed.

And stuff like geting the wheatfield to hold up bits of paper which will create a Hearts badge when held up etc.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Re-opening that other half of N1 and filling it with decent lads who'll create a good atmosphere.

Bouncing away ends when we play away, too.

Re-opening that other half of N1 and filling it with decent lads who'll create a good atmosphere.

Bouncing away ends when we play away, too.

I agree, I think it may get opened next season again, they are probably just keeping it closed this season as a statement to the SPL/SFA that they took action against the fans of the naismith incident!

Guest John Meurig Thomas

I agree, I think it may get opened next season again, they are probably just keeping it closed this season as a statement to the SPL/SFA that they took action against the fans of the naismith incident!

I hope so!

Is that based on anything or is it just a hunch?

I think if we have a strong finish to this season and do some good business in the summer then we'll easily re-fill that section.

I hope so!

Is that based on anything or is it just a hunch?

I think if we have a strong finish to this season and do some good business in the summer then we'll easily re-fill that section.

Just a hunch, plus it doesnt make financial sense to keep it closed. Its where fans that like the atmosphere but dont have season tickets want to go on the big games. It may not be much they are losing out on, but every penny is a prisoner these days!

Id like to see the big grey inside stand walls filled. I think there is money to be made by "renting/selling" a space on the wall for a fan to display his/her own flag. Would look pleasing to the eye if the walls were filled with hearts flags and posters! Suppose its a bit like the Brick Idea that celtic have, where if you have a season ticket your name is carved into a brick outside celtic park. Hearts could earn a wee bit of money just from displaying other fans flags. My flag is up in my bedroom wall, but id much rather pay a bit o money and see it displayed in tyncastle.

Jam Tarts 1874

Every club on the face of the planet will always have arseholes in its support. Nothing can be done about it, it's a small minority anyway.

We sing one "naughty" song which we will never get punished for. Do you ever hear ANY complaints about us singing this song (hullo hullo)?

I bet you're against singing "oh the hibees are gay" and the like because their "homophobic"?

Ridiculous comments from an obvious hun-wanabee. I bet you don't even know what you are signing about.

Ridiculous comments from an obvious hun-wanabee. I bet you don't even know what you are signing about.

Im not one for sectarianism, but if im being brutally honest, football wouldnt be the same without it.

I think it was the celtic match at home this season when we won 2-0, and the whole stadium broke out in "hullo, hullo" it was epic.

Please dont ridicule me for that statement, but I beleive im right.

Problem Officer?

Nope.

Supported Hearts since I could walk and been a season-ticket holder as long as I can remember.

I know very well what I'm singing about, and I dispise both the Old Firm, thanks.

What do you do when we sing this chant? Do you stand up and say anything to those that do? No, probably sit there with your thumb up your arse and then complain about it on internet forum at home.

Well said.

Precisely this.

The business plans of the Old Firm are based on maintaining sectarianism in Scottish football. That of Hearts therefore must be to dissassociate ourselves from sectarianism and to work on being the capital city's civilized alternative. Hearts has the potential for considerable growth but that potential can only be fully realized by making Tynecastle's home support free from bigotry. Wallace Mercer's "Edinburgh United" trading as Heart of Midlothian could have been very interesting.

correct, it was designed in 1958, the current one, revamped in 1998 is far better.

Back on topic, decent service at the food stalls. Never bother getting anything as I know I'll be waiting at least 15 minutes to get served!

The whole of Tynecastle needs a bit sprucing up. Seats, paint etc. I was in the Gorgie Suite on Thursday and Tynecastle is embarassingly shabby when it's empty.

Would love a new stand.

Improving the one we already have would be easy. I would start by getting the stewards to enforce the existing bans on smoking (the old stand toilets are minging, a lot of old **** in there forcing others to breathe on their smoke, often including their own children) and also chucking out anyone in the ground involved in sectarian bull**** no matter what part of the ground they are in.

More decent food prepared and ready would be good.

I like the 110 idea. Perhaps a sign hanging from the roof of the Gorgie end with "X years since Hibs won the cup" on it (much like the "Days without an accident board in the credits of the Simpsons).

I have no problem whatsoever in winding our rivals up so references to the Hibbies being gay is alright by me. I do though have a problem with sectarianism. Being up to your knees in 'fenian blood' shows your support of our club in what positive way exactly? If we sang the same song without the reference to either fenians or billy boys then I'm the first guy up belting it out, until then you can shove it. On a separate note, the question was around what YOU think WE need to do to improve the club. The rest of the board now now know what I think, what about your thoughts?

Lets get off the topic of sectarianism now, everyone has different views on it and i didnt really create this thread to go have an argument about if our club should contain that sort of song or not. Lets get back on topic now eh?

Lets get off the topic of sectarianism now, everyone has different views on it and i didnt really create this thread to go have an argument about if our club should contain that sort of song or not. Lets get back on topic now eh?

You asked a question; "what do you feel Hearts/Romanov should do to improve income/fanbase" and I gave you my opinion, isn't that what you wanted?

You asked a question; "what do you feel Hearts/Romanov should do to improve income/fanbase" and I gave you my opinion, isn't that what you wanted?

I didnt want a debate about sectarianism. Which is what the thread was starting to turn into. Youv gave your opinion, now lets leave it be.

Hire a crack squad of ?ber stewards who habitually harass Celtic/Rangers supporters and evict them for the slightest reason. Petty I'm sure but smugly satisfying.

Moreover, pump eau de brewery into the stadium an hour before kick off so that it lingers in the nostrils.

Problem Officer?

I have no problem whatsoever in winding our rivals up so references to the Hibbies being gay is alright by me. I do though have a problem with sectarianism. Being up to your knees in 'fenian blood' shows your support of our club in what positive way exactly? If we sang the same song without the reference to either fenians or billy boys then I'm the first guy up belting it out, until then you can shove it. On a separate note, the question was around what YOU think WE need to do to improve the club. The rest of the board now now know what I think, what about your thoughts?

Very good point but as I said, the main reason it's sung is to create an atmosphere/wind up the opposition fans. And also, it's not as if every or even most Celtic fans get offended by it. Every Celtic fan I know don't give a rats when/if we sing hullo hullo. You could say the same about the vast majority of Hibs fans not caring if we sing "oh the hibees are gay", the vast majority of them don't care - it's just banter at the end of the day.

Also, I take it singing "Oh flower of Scotland" should have no place at Scotland games either then as singing about how we fought and died about fighting the English doesn't support the team in any way?

I didnt want a debate about sectarianism. Which is what the thread was starting to turn into. Youv gave your opinion, now lets leave it be.

And you've given yours;

I'm not one for sectarianism, but if im being brutally honest, football wouldnt be the same without it.

I think it was the celtic match at home this season when we won 2-0, and the whole stadium broke out in "hullo, hullo" it was epic.

Is that just in Scotland that sectarianism adds to the game? 'Cause most other country's manage OK without our wee west coast hangups. As for the second line, Hullo Hullo wasn't epic that night, it was pathetic. If we're going to have a bit of rivalry or a 'wind-up' with another team at least let it be our own material about our own club.

?

Very good point but as I said, the main reason it's sung is to create an atmosphere/wind up the opposition fans. And also, it's not as if every or even most Celtic fans get offended by it. Every Celtic fan I know don't give a rats when/if we sing hullo hullo. You could say the same about the vast majority of Hibs fans not caring if we sing "oh the hibees are gay", the vast majority of them don't care - it's just banter at the end of the day.

Also, I take it singing "Oh flower of Scotland" should have no place at Scotland games either then as singing about how we fought and died about fighting the English doesn't support the team in any way?

Linking our national anthem to "Oh the Hibees are gay" and "hullo hullo"? I hope you are at the wind up and not really that stupid.

Shouldn't we wind up opposition fans with something not related to 'fenians' and 'billy boys'? I personally couldn't give a toss about Celtic fans and what they get upset about. I do care passionately about Hearts fans making a complete arse of themselves trying to be just like the weedgies though. As for the nonsense about Hibs fans, that is quite obviously banter and if you can't tell the difference between telling a whole support that they are all gay which is an obvious wind up and sectarianism then I'm sorry.

There is so much we need to do -- we all love football but in this day and age we need to improve the 'customer experience' (I know how it sounds !)

Of course a good team and winning football papers over many of the cracks but there are many simple things that could be done.

Facilities -- toilet improvements are a must -- there should be cleaners on duty on match days and it should be someones job to ensure there are enough loo rolls, paper to dry hands, soap in dispensers etc.

At present few parents want to subject their children to the toilet break and as for the female experience well if its anything like the male experience then heaven help them.

Catering -- of course this is sub contracted out but whichever company wins the contract should be made to survey opinions and take them on board -- believe it or not the taste of the food should count for something -- there are so many good quality caterers in Edinburgh I find it hard not to think simple improvements can't be made.

We want the football standards -- decent pies, bridies, quality burgers/hot dogs with perhaps a few extras -- balti pies or quality rolls with decent fillings such as from Greggs. (Never understood why they or a similar company do not do the catering -- the takings on one match day would outstrip a few shops for example.)

Quality tea/coffee would also help.

Have a point of contact for complaints (or ideas) -- also make it clear who to go and see or contact within the club -- what are their individual responsibilities so we know and give us an e mail address or phone number for them.

Survey the fans as they come in -- what do we want, what would help our experience and how can we bring back fans as attenders of matches rather than watching on TV or listening on radio.

Call us at a convenient time so we can give our thoughts rather than just when season tickets are due for renewal or send us out a survey form which we can complete and return -- then publish the results and what actions are going to take place as a result of them -- make those measureable and not just wooly statements.

Get out there in the schools and community -- visit them with players or a roadshow -- make them feel wanted -- if we have a squad of 22 then we could visit 10/11 schools per week if we had to with 2 players attending for a Q and A session

Lastly be Honest in your dealings with us -- its amazing how much we can forgive if the truth is told.

Archived