Heartburn.

Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler

It's a pi55er isn't it?

Don't suppose the Fish supper and 3 cans of fanta have helped.

I'm in agony here.

:confused:

CompleteIdiot
It's a pi55er isn't it?

I'm in agony here.

Don't you have any Rennies or bicarbonate of soda?

The Old Tolbooth

If your near a Tesco get their own make of Zantac which is called Ranitidine, its also less than half the price, you get 12 tablets for ?1.49. I swear by it mate ;)

It's a pi55er isn't it?

I'm in agony here.

I brought a case of heartburn to my GP recently, and ended up on antibiotics.

Dirk Diggler
Don't you have any Rennies or bicarbonate of soda?

No.

I've got another 3 cans of Fanta and that's about it.

:)

Dirk Diggler
If your near a Tesco get their own make of Zantac which is called Ranitidine, its also less than half the price, you get 12 tablets for ?1.49. I swear by it mate ;)

Cheers.

I'm not going down to Tesco at this time though.

I live in Bonnyrigg. I'll put up with the Heartburn rather than risk a stabbing.

The Old Tolbooth
No.

But you cant get pished on Fanta :confused:

CompleteIdiot
No.

You need to find something that is alkali or absorbs acid. Rennies are simply chalk tablets that absorb acid. If you had a non-toxic chalk from a kid's blackboard, that would cure you too.

Legend Claws

Go to the docs and tell him you get it all the time, they will put you on Lazoprozale which pretty much guarantees you will never get it again!

Dirk Diggler
You need to find something that is alkali or absorbs acid. Rennies are simply chalk tablets that absorb acid. If you had a non-toxic chalk from a kid's blackboard, that would cure you to.

Cheers for the advice.

If I go into that bairns room trying to find a piece of chalk i'll be suffering from heartburn whilst freezing my arse off on the couch tonight.

Just downed 2 pints of water, Will that do anything other than wake me up for a pish in the middle of the night?

Dirk Diggler
But you cant get pished on Fanta :confused:

You've got the wrong impression of me Mr Mitchell.

:nono:

:laugh:

The Old Tolbooth
Cheers for the advice.

If I go into that bairns room trying to find a piece of chalk i'll be suffering from heartburn whilst freezing my arse off on the couch tonight.

Just downed 2 pints of water, Will that do anything other than wake me up for a pish in the middle of the night?

It could turn to bile, and then in turn produce more acid, oops!

I've got this image of you wandering about the house chewing a white piece of chalk now, frothing at the mouth like a dog thats got rabies :D

CompleteIdiot
Cheers for the advice.

No. Edinburgh water is soft. If you were in a hard water area, like most of England, the tap water would contain limestone deposits which would absorb the acid. :)

CompleteIdiot
It could turn to bile, and then in turn produce more acid, oops!

I've got this image of you wandering about the house chewing a white piece of chalk now, frothing at the mouth like a dog thats got rabies :D

I had heartburn once and had some blackboard chalk kicking around. It worked a treat. I just bit off half a chalk stick.

Legend Claws

Drink some milk maybe? I get acid reflux and it is ****ing agony! If my tablets don't work a class of milk can calm it down.

The Old Tolbooth
I had heartburn once and had some blackboard chalk kicking around. It worked a treat. I just bit off half a chalk stick.

Arrghh, the thought of actually eating chalk does the same to me as finger nails screeching down a blackboard does to others, or rubbing polystyrene together. :eek:

Must have tasted rank

chester copperpot
LOL at the refluxremedy.com advert which has appeared via goggle ads.

Surely only Old men and Fags get heartburn no?

Better call Saul
Go to the docs and tell him you get it all the time, they will put you on Lazoprozale which pretty much guarantees you will never get it again!

Intresting ;)

This may save me a fortune on Gaviscon AND PRESCRIPTIONS

ARE NOW ONLY A FIVER

LOL at the refluxremedy.com advert which has appeared via goggle ads.

Hey, I got an ad for "the Irish guide to choosing and using a laxative". :eek:

CompleteIdiot
Arrghh, the thought of actually eating chalk does the same to me as finger nails screeching down a blackboard does to others, or rubbing polystyrene together. :eek:

Must have tasted rank

Seriously, it doesn't really taste of anything. Rennies are just chalk with a mint taste added (or the fruity ones with additional fruit taste).

Dirk Diggler

I dunno.

JohnMitchell sounds like he suffers from it regularly.

Oh right, I'm hearing ya.;)

:D

CompleteIdiot
Hey, I got an ad for "the Irish guide to choosing and using a laxative". :eek:

Are laxatives legal in Ireland? Surely it contravenes some Papal concept related to lubricated entry?

Legend Claws
Intresting ;)

This may save me a fortune on Gaviscon AND PRESCRIPTIONS

ARE NOW ONLY A FIVER

Yup! Although I need to take it everyday as I do have a problem but it works the same as Gavicon etc but is better. Take it before breakfast and you could eat a vindaloo 3 times a day and you would still be ok.

The Old Tolbooth
I dunno.

JohnMitchell sounds like he suffers from it regularly.

Oh right, I'm hearing ya.;)

:D

Andy deserves heartburn with the amount of pish that he throws over his neck in the form of the hottest damn curries ever invented, and cider!

Theres no justice!

You sure it was the fish supper and fanta? ;)

Dirk Diggler
Andy deserves heartburn with the amount of pish that he throws over his neck in the form of the hottest damn curries ever invented, and cider!

Theres no justice!

You sure it was the fish supper and fanta? ;)

Hehe.

Aye I'm sure.

Just arsed a pint of milk now, The bairns on rations for her breakfast.

Still cannae shift it.

If people could see me the now raking through toy boxes trying to find a piece of chalk to eat.

ffs.

davemclaren

I always get it over Xmas and New Year and while away on holiday. I put it down to continuous overeating and drinking at my age rather than the man sex. :mw_rolleyes:

I get heartburn all the time. Don't even bother with the doctors anymore. All they do is give me rubbish tablets that aren't strong because I'm still young. Bugger youth, I want to go three days without feeling that annoying pain in my chest.

It is much better now that I don't drink Cider as much.

Surprised Milk didn't work. Works a treat for me every time. So much so that I always have a pint of it before a night out to ensure I don't get heartburn when chatting to some peroxide lass. ;)

Sure it's heartburn??

Could be pancreatitis. If you are rolling around in agony in an hour or so, then it's pancreatitis.

Greasy food can cause it, especially if you've just had a big weekend on the bevvy.

Horrible thing to get and can be the end of you.

Had 3 bouts of it before I changed the diet dramatically.

boy_in_maroon

i have tried everything from pollycroll forte (way back circa 1979) to ranatadine semetidine, ect, ect, the best by far has got to be PEPCID 2, expensive but worth it

:mw_rolleyes:

Drink some milk maybe? I get acid reflux and it is ****ing agony! If my tablets don't work a class of milk can calm it down.

Same here. Thought i was dying one time...

pepto bismal is the daddy of heart burn/indegestion cures,but be very carefull not to take to much as it does some strange things to your digestive system.always have a bottle handy.

Legend Claws
Same here. Thought i was dying one time...

Aye its at its least funniest when the acid actually comes up your throat and out your mouth!

Rabbie_Burns

Been on that medication for several years myself now and it certainly does the job for me. Just not sure about long term effect of taking PPI's though and my GP was vague about it when I asked...

Get down to Boots and get "omeprazole". I've had to use that for a couple of years now and it's the mutts.

If you get a prescription of it then your sorted but it's about ?8 for 8 tablets but you only need one a day.

I use lansoprazole regularly, every morning in fact and it works a treat. I stay away from fizzy juice most of the time and eat only certain foods but unfortunately my condition causes this bloomin awful reflux and heartburn to rear its ugly head quite often. Milk and most chalk based products you can buy are ok for a one off but if its a regular thing then just have a wee mention to your doc next time your in.

Archived