Will Webster start on saturday

south morocco

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yip,bouzid's not resigning so i think it would him,just get webster in and get on with tryin to catch the glesga two,yes websters a ****,but he's now our ****!!!!!

Bouzid was originally out of the side against Rangers the other night so I think he will be dropped in place of Webster, which will undoubtedly make us a stronger unit and decrease the amount of scary moments during a match.

Maroon tinted glasses 2

If he is fit then yes and hopefully he can find the form he had when he was last with us or even when he was at DDutd last season.

I don't think he will start 3 or 4 games on the bench to start with unless of course Bouzid or Zal have a howler.No doubt he will take the place of Bouzid eventually though.

J Cheever Loophole

I don't think he will start 3 or 4 games on the bench to start with unless of course Bouzid or Zal have a howler.No doubt he will take the place of Bouzid eventually though.

No point in letting the pressure build for the player or in the stands get him on and get it over with. :ninja:

My gut feeling is that this will be the way Jefferies lines them up....

Kello

Bouzid, Zaliukas, Webster, Wallace (if fit)

C.Thomson, Black, Palazuelos

Elliott, Kyle, Skacel

Paulie Walnut

Would not surprise me to see a back 4 like below for Saturday

Bouzid. Zal. Webster. Wallace.

portobellojambo1

Absolutely no reason for JJ to tinker with the RB position again, Craig Thomson has slotted back in there and should retain that position, assuming we are looking for consistency of selection going forward, which increases the potential of the side playing well.

As for Andy Webster, he is better than either CB in the side at the moment, we haven't had a defender of his level since he left. I would hope JJ doesn't even have to take as long as 5 seconds to realise he has to go straight into the side, and I'd think Bouzid will drop out (we also discovered at Ibrox on Wednesday that if required Adrian Mrowiec can slot in in a central defensive role and do it very well).

Rudolf's Mate

Webster will start. Can't see JJ dropping anyone other than Bouzid to accommodate him tbh and quite right too. With someone like Webster alongside Zal, hopefully the stability will able Zal to take his game to another level and give us the backbone to shut ges out thus concentrating on playing ze sexy fussball :D

I wouldn't be so quick to play Amdy. After all he doesn't know his team mates yet and will need time to settle.

In addition, my gut feel is that he is probably a better defender than Zal. He was able to read a game (unless Pressley's instructions just made hime look good ?). So how will he get on with Zal calling the defensive shots ?

These things need time and input from JJ, BB and GL

Absolutely no reason for JJ to tinker with the RB position again, Craig Thomson has slotted back in there and should retain that position, assuming we are looking for consistency of selection going forward, which increases the potential of the side playing well.

As for Andy Webster, he is better than either CB in the side at the moment, we haven't had a defender of his level since he left. I would hope JJ doesn't even have to take as long as 5 seconds to realise he has to go straight into the side, and I'd think Bouzid will drop out (we also discovered at Ibrox on Wednesday that if required Adrian Mrowiec can slot in in a central defensive role and do it very well).

Craig Thomson was pretty much right midfield on Wednesday and Bouzid was pretty much right back.

Rudolf's Mate

Craig Thomson was pretty much right midfield on Wednesday and Bouzid was pretty much right back.

Even so, the only person you could see him drop to accommodate Webster is Bouzid. Why tinker with any other position.

Even so, the only person you could see him drop to accommodate Webster is Bouzid. Why tinker with any other position.

If it stays the way it was last game, surely it is not tinkering?

Punks No Deid

Yes, Webster is starting against Hamilton and Bouzid will be on the bench.

hope so!

I still can't quite believe it but Zal and Webster are the future central defence of our club.

Bouzid seems to think he's meant for bigger things although I suspect that he and his agent are the only ones.

I'll be surprised if Bouzid moves to a bigger club than us as he's an extremely ordinary player and his passing / control skills are among the worst I've ever seen from a Hearts player. I like the guy and apparently he's popular at the club but his departure wouldn't affect us in any way if Webster stays fit.

Can I just say whoever plays we should attack from the start (though I would start Webster) -- have confidence in the defence.

Pace will kill most teams and we have that within this team.

We have a decent goalkeeper, 2 great attacking full backs, 2 good central defenders who are very good in the air and can pass the ball as well.

Width and pace -- we have it in abudance -- Temps will be back for this one and would not be surprised to see Driver start as well.

Kyle back up front would help greatly -- that would only leave the midfield balance to be worked out -- Ruben, Eggert, Black, Mrowiec and Rudi.

With others such as Suso, Elliot, Elliott, Barr, Stevenson , Obua and Bouzid we have the options

The big question for me is what is gained by puting Webster straight in? Well, defensively we've been very good this season. Criticise them all you like but we haven't been leaking goals. Best you can hope for is a few more clean sheets...but as I say conceding hasn't been a big problem.

Worst case put Webster in straight away and ship a few goals, lose a few 'should win' games and all of a sudden there is huge pressure on the defence and jj has possibly pi$$ed bozzie off and he throws the towel in until his contract runs out.

Solution...leave it as is and when a injury or suspension comes along bring in Webster and there is far less pressure on player and manager. If it takes Webster a few games to get up to speed you can then bring back the other guy, rest Webster and no one has lost face and Webster has a few more weeks in training to improve.

Webster will undoubtedly make us a stronger unit and decrease the amount of scary moments during a match.

It's a no brainer! He's our best CB so if he's fit he must start.

As for Andy Webster, he is better than either CB in the side at the moment

Wow, who is this Webster guy?

He must be some player with bags of ability. The sheer thought of such talent gracing Tynecastle Park is making me weak at the knees.

Disser Pointon

Can I just say whoever plays we should attack from the start (though I would start Webster) -- have confidence in the defence.

Pace will kill most teams and we have that within this team.

We have a decent goalkeeper, 2 great attacking full backs, 2 good central defenders who are very good in the air and can pass the ball as well.

Width and pace -- we have it in abudance -- Temps will be back for this one and would not be surprised to see Driver start as well.

Kyle back up front would help greatly -- that would only leave the midfield balance to be worked out -- Ruben, Eggert, Black, Mrowiec and Rudi.

With others such as Suso, Elliot, Elliott, Barr, Stevenson , Obua and Bouzid we have the options

KK will not be back for Saturday, regardless of what Jeff might have said in the press, he is a few weeks away yet. The big chap from Lithuania was brought in because of this as we need a big target man as back up for him.

KK will not be back for Saturday, regardless of what Jeff might have said in the press, he is a few weeks away yet. The big chap from Lithuania was brought in because of this as we need a big target man as back up for him.

So KK will be back when Razulis becomes available? Strange.

Disser Pointon

So KK will be back when Razulis becomes available? Strange.

Eh?

We_are_the_Hearts

We should just leave Kyle out for the rest of the season and get him in A1 condition for next year. This would also mean he doesn't pick up a suspension this year and would have his slate wiped clean. We will still get 3rd without him.

Snake Plissken

We should just leave Kyle out for the rest of the season and get him in A1 condition for next year. This would also mean he doesn't pick up a suspension this year and would have his slate wiped clean. We will still get 3rd without him.

:what:

It's February.

mahgrassyshoes

My gut feeling is that this will be the way Jefferies lines them up....

Kello

Bouzid, Zaliukas, Webster, Wallace (if fit)

C.Thomson, Black, Palazuelos

Elliott, Kyle, Skacel

Would not surprise me to see a back 4 like below for Saturday

Bouzid. Zal. Webster. Wallace.

I really hope this isn't true. I remember Bouzid playing RB against Falkirk last season and his immobility made him a very weak link. He was right of a back three against Rangers, and that is very different from playing right back. He only moved to right back while in possession of the ball to help us move forward, I wouldn't be a fan of him defending in this area, attackers will get in behind him far to easily.

I really hope this isn't true. I remember Bouzid playing RB against Falkirk last season and his immobility made him a very weak link. He was right of a back three against Rangers, and that is very different from playing right back. He only moved to right back while in possession of the ball to help us move forward, I wouldn't be a fan of him defending in this area, attackers will get in behind him far to easily.

I see what you are saying, but he spent much more time out in the right back slot than he did in the centre due to Craig Thomson bombing forward. I think he did okay on Wednesday and covered when Thomson was up field.

We_are_the_Hearts

:what:

It's February.

We have 14 games left, by the sounds of things he will miss the next 2 anyway. If he gets booked he then misses 4 and will have the risk of getting suspended for 5 games next season. I would think about getting the injury and disciplinary record cleared once and for all as we look pretty safe in 3rd.

Snake Plissken

We have 14 games left, by the sounds of things he will miss the next 2 anyway. If he gets booked he then misses 4 and will have the risk of getting suspended for 5 games next season. I would think about getting the injury and disciplinary record cleared once and for all as we look pretty safe in 3rd.

Oh my.

Drylaw Hearts

:blink:

surely its just three he misses if he goes over the thresh hold for bookings. where does 5 neext season come into it?

We_are_the_Hearts

surely its just three he misses if he goes over the thresh hold for bookings. where does 5 neext season come into it?

Apparently it increases by 1 every season that you get suspended. Kyle is up to 4. If you go a season without getting suspended then you get your slate wiped clean. Not good if true :down:

That's utter pish. The points threshold goes up after January so it takes more bookings to get a suspension so he is not close to a 4 match ban (even if it was the same I'm almost certain that it is only a 3 game ban that he faces).

Frankenstein Jambo.

Berra, Jose, Karipidas?

mahgrassyshoes

I see what you are saying, but he spent much more time out in the right back slot than he did in the centre due to Craig Thomson bombing forward. I think he did okay on Wednesday and covered when Thomson was up field.

I'm definitely not arguing that Bouzid played well, defensively we were solid (barring the goal :verymad:), and you are right that he played on the right a lot of the game, but I think that was more to do with us having a lot more possession that we expected. I would expect us to revert back to the 4-2-3-1 formation we've used most of the season, rather than the 3-5-2 from wednesday, and that would leave Bouzid out and out right back. They're not great, but both of the Paixao (sp?) are pretty quick and i think they would find it quite easy to get in behind Bouzid. Thomson showed on Wednesday he had mature a bit defensively and playing him might help pin back the Hamilton winger and put them on the back foot from the start. From his first spell in the team I thought he had pretty average speed, not lightning quick but not the slowest, but on Wednesday he seemed a lot quicker, probably from him bulking up over the summer, which again would help deeal with the pace of the twins. I think now is probably a good time to give Craig a wee run in the right back slot.

I'm definitely not arguing that Bouzid played well, defensively we were solid (barring the goal :verymad:), and you are right that he played on the right a lot of the game, but I think that was more to do with us having a lot more possession that we expected. I would expect us to revert back to the 4-2-3-1 formation we've used most of the season, rather than the 3-5-2 from wednesday, and that would leave Bouzid out and out right back. They're not great, but both of the Paixao (sp?) are pretty quick and i think they would find it quite easy to get in behind Bouzid. Thomson showed on Wednesday he had mature a bit defensively and playing him might help pin back the Hamilton winger and put them on the back foot from the start. From his first spell in the team I thought he had pretty average speed, not lightning quick but not the slowest, but on Wednesday he seemed a lot quicker, probably from him bulking up over the summer, which again would help deeal with the pace of the twins. I think now is probably a good time to give Craig a wee run in the right back slot.

I actually don't disagree with any of this tbh. I wouldn't be unhappy with this either. I just feel that Jefferies may go down the Bouzid RB/ Thomson RM route.

Oh, and I still haven't seen their goal, as far as I am concerned we drew 0-0 on Wednesday.:whistling:

I hope Andy is given the nod as he is miles better than Bouzid who everytime he opens his trap about moving on to bigger things has a nightmare the next match,the sooner we see the back of Bouzid the better.

mahgrassyshoes

I actually don't disagree with any of this tbh. I wouldn't be unhappy with this either. I just feel that Jefferies may go down the Bouzid RB/ Thomson RM route.

Oh, and I still haven't seen their goal, as far as I am concerned we drew 0-0 on Wednesday.:whistling:

I really hope he doesn't. I think the reason the has looked so good is because all clubs, possibly with the exception of Celtic, play with a target man. Therefore, most of his battles have been in the air, and he's been really good at competing that. Outwide, it will be more on the deck and quick feet is where Bouzid seems to be found wanting. Anyway, it's upto Jefferies, I doubt he's on here looking for my opinion!

Wish I could say the same, i would be happy to play along with that!:thumbsup:

Snake Plissken

Hamilton are rock bottom of the league, now's as good a time as any to throw Webster in from the start.

He and Zal are the future central defensive partnership and the sooner we get the two playing together the better. Bouzid has been a perfectly decent centre back for us but Webster is a superior player so Bouzid misses out. Those be the facts.

I hope Andy is given the nod as he was miles better than Bouzid who everytime he opens his trap about moving on to bigger things has a nightmare the next match,the sooner we see the back of Bouzid the better.

Corrected that for you. :thumbsup:

Andy was very good with Dundee Utd but has hardly played since. He is at the age where he should be coming to his peak as a central defenfer but let the guy settle in first !

Drylaw Hearts

Hamilton are rock bottom of the league, now's as good a time as any to throw Webster in from the start.

Also....

Playing him away from home against a smaller team may take a bit of the pressure/limelight off him.

Charlie-Brown

Also....

Playing him away from home against a smaller team may take a bit of the pressure/limelight off him.

This would be a better argument for perhaps debuting or giving one of the younger players some game time or a chance on saturday. Webster by contrast will should be man enough to face any reaction to his previous actions.

Archived