Time to put it to bed.

Eggo

Aye, let's stop discussing the most controversial transfer we've completed in years a couple of days later.

You'd almost think this was one of those internet forums.

...oh wait.

[/quote

If you hold an opinion about 'Our Andy' could you refrain from posting it on an internet forum. It would suit some poster's better if you just debated your point to yourself in the mirror. That way they can blank out how much of a penis the man is and get on with their hero worshipping of the biggest ****** to have pulled on a maroon shirt in my lifetime.

In the grand scheme of things what real effect does it have on Hearts? Why are there a few fans so angry about what he done that they actually can`t see the other points of view on it or maybe see the other side of things? Its embarassing. People taking it so personally is confusing?

As said, football is a much more cynical world now and there`s so many angles for players AND clubs to squeeze pennies out of each other. Andy Webster gave nothing but 100% when he was here the last time even if at the end he went the wrong way about things in getting a move. He was 21, 22 and probably being a bit lead on.

Like Rudi, im sure he now recognises the grass isn`t always greener.

There really are some grade A strokers on here. The idea that they have some sort of a voice because of ******* Kickback. Its all about opinions, if some choose not to forgive him or forget, that is their prerogative. To be branded all kinds of petty shit or told you aint a real fan, dont come back you're not welcome. You lot can **** right off.

The self importance pouring out of the majority on here is sickening. The hypocrisy is masked by the old classic "if he wears the shirt I will back him". No jambo I know would have given him a wiff of their fart a month ago, now anyone who dares to hold a grudge is immature!

I have no intention of booing him, I will accept that he is a good player and that he now plays for Hearts. Thats where it ends. He is a ******* rat to me and always will be. I have no real problem with those who welcome him back, but to suggest those who are not so desperate abandon their principles are daft or immature, is moronic at best.

People now pile on in their droves offering up every kind of rationale as to why and how he left, funny I never read any of that at the time. The reason I say principles, is that 90% of Jambos thought he was a rat and that what he did was sickening, somehow that goes out of the window due to him pulling on the shirt again.

People have as much right to forgive as others have not to, who the **** do some on here think they are to suggest or tell people they must get behind him.

There really are some grade A strokers on here. The idea that they have some sort of a voice because of ******* Kickback. Its all about opinions, if some choose not to forgive him or forget, that is their prerogative. To be branded all kinds of petty shit or told you aint a real fan, dont come back you're not welcome. You lot can **** right off.

The self importance pouring out of the majority on here is sickening. The hypocrisy is masked by the old classic "if he wears the shirt I will back him". No jambo I know would have given him a wiff of their fart a month ago, now anyone who dares to hold a grudge is immature!

I have no intention of booing him, I will accept that he is a good player and that he now plays for Hearts. Thats where it ends. He is a ******* rat to me and always will be. I have no real problem with those who welcome him back, but to suggest those who are not so desperate abandon their principles are daft or immature, is moronic at best.

People now pile on in their droves offering up every kind of rationale as to why and how he left, funny I never read any of that at the time. The reason I say principles, is that 90% of Jambos thought he was a rat and that what he did was sickening, somehow that goes out of the window due to him pulling on the shirt again.

People have as much right to forgive as others have not to, who the **** do some on here think they are to suggest or tell people they must get behind him.

Yip, a few major contradictions but your probably right.

Thinly veiled attack on people who are backing him yet you say everyone is entitled to their opinion?

Who`s the stroker now?

You can do what you feckin want mate, but i still find it cringey that so many seem to be taking this superhero fan sheight to a new level by making sure they let everyone know that they still hate Webster.

Personally, and i`ve let it be known a few times, i thought it was low the way he tried to engineer his way out the last time. But maybe you choose to ignore that behind the scenes its a different game to the one out on the training pitch or stadium.

You need to accept that these days the Gary MacKay`s and Scott Crabbe`s are a dying art. As an example, a player can be giving his all one minute but when interest from a bigger club comes in and the dreams of big cash fill the brain it all goes boobies up.

Whats the difference between what he done to maybe a player leaving on a whim in the Jan tran window who had been playing well and worshipped by the fans?

Football is fickle, but above all fans just want to see 11 committed jersey`s on the park. I always have done since the 70`s from my first game when there was no internet to get fans so feckin involved in the politics of a football club.

Thinly veiled attack on people who are backing him yet you say everyone is entitled to their opinion?

Who`s the stroker now?

You can do what you feckin want mate, but i still find it cringey that so many seem to be taking this superhero fan sheight to a new level by making sure they let everyone know that they still hate Webster.

Personally, and i`ve let it be known a few times, i thought it was low the way he tried to engineer his way out the last time. But maybe you choose to ignore that behind the scenes its a different game to the one out on the training pitch or stadium.

You need to accept that these days the Gary MacKay`s and Scott Crabbe`s are a dying art. As an example, a player can be giving his all one minute but when interest from a bigger club comes in and the dreams of big cash fill the brain it all goes boobies up.

Whats the difference between what he done to maybe a player leaving on a whim in the Jan tran window who had been playing well and worshipped by the fans?

Football is fickle, but above all fans just want to see 11 committed jersey`s on the park. I always have done since the 70`s from my first game when there was no internet to get fans so feckin involved in the politics of a football club.

:thumbsup:

Quite simple really - if you are not going to support eveyone who pulls on a Maroon jersey and is giving their all then what is the ******* point in you being at Tynie or any other ground to watch Hearts?

I absolutely detested Robbie Neilson, woeful player. Always backed him 100% whilst he was playing for us.

That's why it's called supporting. If Webster gets boo'd by some then their no better than the guys in the away end.

Who`s the stroker now?

Some of what you say is fair enough (far from all of it btw), but that bit in bold just isn't IMO. If anyone is playing the "superfan" card, it's a handful of those who are backing Webster; there have been several suggestions on here that people who don't like Webster and won't cheer him back on to the pitch are not proper fans.

EDIT: As if to prove my point, see the above reply which was posted while I typed this. :rolleyes:

This has been backed up with some pretty tasty abuse - "skum", "moronic amoebas", "roasters", "Hobos", "beneath contempt", "**** off" for starters - all for having a different opinion from them. What some seem to be failing to realise is that there is a depth of feeling against Webster in large chunks of our support. Some will have forgiven a while ago, some will have forgiven when he signed. Others haven't and no amount of abuse or using incomparable analogies to try and muddy the waters is going to make someone say "oh wait, you were right all along, I actually love Webster".

None of this is directed at you, by the way, but people don't like being told what to think - particularly if they are being labelled 'skum' at the same time.

So, I'm just going to batter on with thinking Webster's an absolute Johnson until further notice, thanks.

Some of what you say is fair enough (far from all of it btw), but that bit in bold just isn't IMO. If anyone is playing the "superfan" card, it's a handful of those who are backing Webster; there have been several suggestions on here that people who don't like Webster and won't cheer him back on to the pitch are not proper fans.

EDIT: As if to prove my point, see the above reply which was posted while I typed this. :rolleyes:

This has been backed up with some pretty tasty abuse - "skum", "moronic amoebas", "roasters", "Hobos", "beneath contempt", "**** off" for starters - all for having a different opinion from them. What some seem to be failing to realise is that there is a depth of feeling against Webster in large chunks of our support. Some will have forgiven a while ago, some will have forgiven when he signed. Others haven't and no amount of abuse or using incomparable analogies to try and muddy the waters is going to make someone say "oh wait, you were right all along, I actually love Webster".

None of this is directed at you, by the way, but people don't like being told what to think - particularly if they are being labelled 'skum' at the same time.

So, I'm just going to batter on with thinking Webster's an absolute Johnson until further notice, thanks.

Fair comment mate. One thing i don`t ever initiate is calling folk names, esp fellow Hearts fans.... can`t get my head around why others do just because they disagree. But I will respond if seemingly being termed one.

:thumbsup:

Are we supposed to be grateful that he turned down a bid from the wee team and that makes everything OK. He was that grateful that JJ offered him a deal that he took 3 days to think about it whilst hawking himself to all and sundry. No sign of an apology in that quote. He knows the fans are split on this and he could have said that he was sorry for dragging the club through courts and for the actions of his adviser.

Its a bit rich that OP wants us to unite and back players that pull on the strip. Does that include Callum Elliot,Michael Stewart, Jamie Mole and Suso Santana.

I remember fans cheering Hearts players being subbed and cringing at the thought that that players' family would be sitting in the stand listening to their own fans turning on their own players.

But all of a sudden, we must stand and clap this reptile of a human being who has shown no loyalty to our club at all. Callum Elliot might not be the most gifted player we have but he deserves as much of our support as the failed hun

So are you going to BOOO Webster every time he touches the ball or his name gets announced on the tannoid? See if you are, I hope you don't sit near me coz that will get right on my tits! 3 nil up to St Mirren or Hibs, everyone's happy and your sitting booing.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

What's the end game with it though CFA?

I take it from your post that you are not going to boo the guy or anything like that, so are you just going to get all the anger about it out your system and then slide into a kind of malaise, or are you going to keep on the guy for the duration of the time he spends here in his second spell? that just seems a bit futile to me.

You have made it abundantly clear how you feel about his return, it is not a view without sympathy from myself -and a good few others who are not overly happy about it- but I think most of us just want to get on with it... Now that it has happened anyway.

There are always a few players at Hearts who get negative threads dedicated to them after poor results, often this can happen when they were not even one of the worst on the park... It is with a sense of trepidation that I now look forward to the Judas goat Webster threads from now on after each poor result. That last premonition there is not necessarily aimed at you btw, just an observation and prediction of how things will no-doubt go. Will you be able to give a fair account of his performances from now on, while still labouring under such negativity for the man? I have read nothing of your's in the past that suggests you will lambast the guy unfairly based on performance but it will happen in some quarters and the result will inevitably be that those who just want to get on with it, will counter these comments with positive ones and then these same posters will probably both pull too far in their chosen direction and completely blow their assesment of him right out of proportion... not because they think he is a really shit or amazing player... Simply because they want to counter an over the top differing opinion to their own with one that trumps it. There are plenty husks of such threads still kicking about on Black, Obua, Suso and Stewart etc and they all follow remarkably similar lines, a simple change of name in many cases would allow an identikit pattern to be traced through each.

For the record I have made my opinions clear on the weasel already and I do not like what he did one little bit... However I have to agree with Debut4 and Buffalo Bill on this one... It has happened and we cannot do anything about undoing the situation... When will be the time where we all just have to like it or lump it and just let it slide?

A Boy Named Crow

I don't really get this "support Webster" or "not support Webster" carry on. Since ge left Hearts I gave thought of him as a turncoat, money grabbing, pathetic Hun. Now that he's back playing for Hearts he is probably still all of these things. I suspect there are a fair few of our team who are not nice people, I know if I was their age having all that money thrown at me I'd be a complete prick too. It's not the issue though, nobody us asking us to buy any if them a pint or to be their mates, just go along and watch the fitba...

Not going to quote your whole post, Mothy, but there is no answer to that yet. It depends on lots of different things - how well he plays, how often he plays, how committed he proves to be on and off the park, how much of an effort he makes to rebuild the bridges he burned when he left, whether or not he can hook me up on a dinner date with that dark haired girl from Sky Sports News...

Look, if he's ****ing sensational and puts it all into matches for us, he'll eventually win people over; that's football. I seriously hated Darren Jackson until he played for us, but he had to earn it. Actions speak louder than words in this case - although saying that, Webster should certainly have apologised to the fans for the manner he left in. His ability hasn't been questioned by more than a couple of kidders anyway; everyone knows how good he is.

I've already said elsewhere I won't be booing him on the park or that - I'll get it out my system here. I certainly won't be giving him a warm welcome back though. I'll be fecking squirming in my seat when the inevitable few give him a standing ovation, as well.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Not going to quote your whole post, Mothy, but there is no answer to that yet. It depends on lots of different things - how well he plays, how often he plays, how committed he proves to be on and off the park, how much of an effort he makes to rebuild the bridges he burned when he left, whether or not he can hook me up on a dinner date with that dark haired girl from Sky Sports News...

Look, if he's ****ing sensational and puts it all into matches for us, he'll eventually win people over; that's football. I seriously hated Darren Jackson until he played for us, but he had to earn it. Actions speak louder than words in this case - although saying that, Webster should certainly have apologised to the fans for the manner he left in. His ability hasn't been questioned by more than a couple of kidders anyway; everyone knows how good he is.

I've already said elsewhere I won't be booing him on the park or that - I'll get it out my system here. I certainly won't be giving him a warm welcome back though. I'll be fecking squirming in my seat when the inevitable few give him a standing ovation, as well.

Fair nuff spose.

Archived