Webster no different than Robbo or Rudi etc

mellors1874

i think some of the stick andy webster has been getting on this site is disgusting and would like to point out something

john robertson - left hearts because he didnt get the money he wanted and joined newcastle

7 months later he rejoined and nobody ripped him to bits

rudi skacel - openly admitted he wasn't trying in the last few months of his first spell here and pissed off to southampton as soon as he got the chance

comes back to hearts and once again no one rips him apart even though he jumped ship the first time and i feel might do so again at the end of the season if he gets a better offer

andy webster left hearts for the same reason money and it didnt work out for him

he is now back and i for one will get right behind him like i did robbo, skacel or anyone else who plays for the famous jt's so lets get behind him and give him our full support

come on hearts

i think some of the stick andy webster has been getting on this site is disgusting and would like to point out something

john robertson - left hearts because he didnt get the money he wanted and joined newcastle

rudi skacel - openly admitted he wasn't trying in the last few months of his first spell here and pissed off to southampton as soon as he got the chance

comes back to hearts and once again no one rips him apart even though he jumped ship the first time and i feel might do so again at the end of the season if he gets a better offer

andy webster left hearts for the same reason money and it didnt work out for him

he is now back and i for one will get right behind him like i did robbo, skacel or anyone else who plays for the famous jt's so lets get behind him and give him our full support

come on hearts

the pish you've just wrote doesn't even merit this reply :teehee:

come on hearts

if he left us to get more money , then did he come back to us on the same wage or did he drop down to come back ?

come on hearts

Robbo's situation is absolutely not comparable in any way, shape or form. I'm fine with Webster coming back and I hope he's as good a player for us as he can be, but the way he left was outrageous and Robbo left, because he was sold, for our record transfer fee, at a time when the club had all the power.

Francis Albert

come on hearts

I too wish Webster well, but the comparison with Robbo's move to Newcastle , for a club record transfer fee, is ludicrous even by JKB standards.

And Rudi may not have been trying, but still made a massive contribution to a cup final win in the last weeks of his contract.

Bungalow Bill

come on hearts

Absolute garbage. The Robbo and Skacel scenarios are nothing like the Webster situation. We got good money for both players and got a fraction of what we should have got for Webster.

By the way I'm glad Webster has returned and can redeem himself.

Frankenstein Jambo.

:vrface::facepalm:

The fact his transfer made national news says it all. He shafted the club and if all players did what did the whole contract/transfer system would be so **** up. Comparing him to club legends is pathetic in trying to justify what he did.

I will not boo him, he will be wearing a Hearts strip. But I still hate him.

Francis Albert

Sorry I've just spotted the other thread that says you can't point out someone is talking crap if he has a low post count, otherwise you are part of the "JKB clique"!

My apologies. The OP clearly has a point.

The ###### took us to court to wangle a move hence makes it in no way comparible to anyone else's situation

Any evidence for the 'Rudi openly admitting not trying for half a season' stuff?

Yea ive always asked for evidence of that quote too when i argue he wasnt 'horrendous' in his second half last time. Oh and OP, Im welcoming Webster back but we made a 1million profit fro Skacel within a year (technically within weeks). What Webster did was worse than waiting to your contract runs out, it was buying out of your contract for about 5% of the value. Completely incomparible.

Snake Plissken

Hillary+Clinton+shock.jpg

Webster no different to Rudi or Robbo?

Good grief, the snake charmers are stooping to utterly desperate levels.

Tyrion Lannister

There's absolutely no comparison between Webster and the other legends.

I won't boo him and I think he's a decent football player. But in my books he's still a high-end **** for doing what he did.

come on hearts

Well, I've read a lot of shite in my time but this post takes the biscuit, congratulations.

Robertson left Hearts for a club record fee. Hardly doing the dirty.

Rudi left us after signing a permanent contract with us entitling us to make a very handy fee on him.

Webster took us to court and got a new rule invented to screw us over.

Jesus, I know we have to get behind the team no matter who is in the team but re-writing history now to try and make this signing more acceptable is just stupid. Everyone is entitled to there opinion, mines is Webster is a rat who I will never trust in being committed to the club/cause as long as he plays but as part of the side he will get my support. It would be completely two faced of me just to change my mind because he's signed again.

It's like if your missus fkd you over for some rich gadge and left you with nothing after all you done for them and then came crawling back with there tail between there legs (my missus isn't that much a dog) when the rich gadge had dumped them and you try and justify it to everyone. It's best not talking about it, jsut keep your heid down and hope it still performs to the level it used to. Lol.

Any evidence for the 'Rudi openly admitting not trying for half a season' stuff?

Was thinking that myself, that's the burniest question out of a post full of turd.

Commander Harris

Can we stop it with the ridiculously flawed analogies please. If you're happy to forgive and forget that's fair enough but please don't bring down Hearts legends by trying to suggest their situations are somehow analogous to what happened with Webster just so you can justify to yourself your support for his return.

When Robbo left he quite openly stated he was after ?1,000 per week and a ?100K signing on fee. Mercer said no and at that time the club had enough power to demand a transfer fee which we got.

Webster didn't really want money as I recall. Otherwise he'd have signed the crazy contract Romanov had offered him. He'd obviously had his head turned by Rangers quite early in the proceedings and clearly wanted to go there to achieve his ambition of going as far as he could in the game. Only a deluded Jambo would argue that he could have achieved more at Tynecastle.

Admittedly it got really dirty and for me, nobody came out of it smelling of roses. The club thought they had the power to freeze him out for 18 months. Charles Duddy(?) found an escape clause and activated it. Bear in mind this clause could not have been activated if we'd played him in, I think it was two games (20%) of the last ten that season.

The deals don't really compare but even though I worship the wee man like everyone else, IMO Robbo would have been out of here like shit off a shovel for free had the Bosman ruling been in place so please don't give us that "he got us a record fee" pish.

As for Webster it stung like hell at the time but he only did what the rules entitled him to do, unfortunately we lost out.

Similarities in the deals probably begin and end with the fact we paid the same for each player as we sold them for. In fact, you could argue that we are ?150K better off on the Webster deal?

Good luck on your return Andy, and I have high hopes he can be an even better player than we had five years ago, if we let him.

Drylaw Hearts

It was VR who claimed Rudi admitted that.

southside1874

Does anyone think that Rangers released Webster because they knew Hearts would not give them any money for him and, hold breathe, they knew it was the moral thing to do?

come on hearts

is that you Andy?

It was VR who claimed Rudi admitted that.

I find it quite humorous you'll adnit rudi now walked out on us after arguin blind that rudi never did do it. I'll address that same point to others who are talkin the rudi ish, funny how he's now ettin used to excuse webster.

Websters market value would have been 4mil who left for a pittance, we have signed him for free so I cannae rumble to much.

Also the saying no man is bigger than the club has to work both ways

Yeah but Drylaws rudi tune changing has to be the highlight of the whole saga for me.

When Robbo left he quite openly stated he was after ?1,000 per week and a ?100K signing on fee. Mercer said no and at that time the club had enough power to demand a transfer fee which we got.

Webster didn't really want money as I recall. Otherwise he'd have signed the crazy contract Romanov had offered him. He'd obviously had his head turned by Rangers quite early in the proceedings and clearly wanted to go there to achieve his ambition of going as far as he could in the game. Only a deluded Jambo would argue that he could have achieved more at Tynecastle.

Admittedly it got really dirty and for me, nobody came out of it smelling of roses. The club thought they had the power to freeze him out for 18 months. Charles Duddy(?) found an escape clause and activated it. Bear in mind this clause could not have been activated if we'd played him in, I think it was two games (20%) of the last ten that season.

The deals don't really compare but even though I worship the wee man like everyone else, IMO Robbo would have been out of here like shit off a shovel for free had the Bosman ruling been in place so please don't give us that "he got us a record fee" pish.

As for Webster it stung like hell at the time but he only did what the rules entitled him to do, unfortunately we lost out.

Similarities in the deals probably begin and end with the fact we paid the same for each player as we sold them for. In fact, you could argue that we are ?150K better off on the Webster deal?

Good luck on your return Andy, and I have high hopes he can be an even better player than we had five years ago, if we let him.

Very sensible post.

Andy Webster is still a ****. But from a footballing perspective I'm glad he's back.

And Rudi did openly admit to not trying for half a season.

When folk complain about new posters getting slated for spraffing pish, they should be pointed to OPs like this one.

Either sirgay is using the occasion to fire off a pile of his undercover IDs or there are some folk who haven't been paying much attention chiming in this week.

Drylaw Hearts

I find it quite humorous you'll adnit rudi now walked out on us after arguin blind that rudi never did do it. I'll address that same point to others who are talkin the rudi ish, funny how he's now ettin used to excuse webster.

Websters market value would have been 4mil who left for a pittance, we have signed him for free so I cannae rumble to much.

Also the saying no man is bigger than the club has to work both ways

Yeah but Drylaws rudi tune changing has to be the highlight of the whole saga for me.

Eh........you are badly, badly mistaken.

My stance on Webster and Rudi has been exactly the same since the day they both left.

Charlie-Brown

My stance on Webster and Rudi has been exactly the same since the day they both left.

That they were badly advised traitors? Webster far worse than Skacel obviously .....

Just for the record hear are some quotes regarding Skacels departure at the time :whistling:

But Romanov says the player is determined to leave.

"His agent has asked us to terminate his contract to allow him to go to another club for ?1m," he added.

"I've spoken to Rudi and asked him why he wasn't playing as well as he had been and scoring goals and he said he was thinking about moving to England.

"I said to him to play well because it would be better for both sides as we would get money for him and he would get a good contract, but he said he was afraid of getting an injury.

Skacel said: "I wanted to say thank you to the fans. Was it thank you and goodbye? Probably.

"I will take some time to makemy decision but I will probably not stay at Hearts.

"I'm sad to leave as it has been a fantastic year. We have a fantastic dressing room, great supporters.

"I signed for a Scottish team, I signed for George Burley. But the things I have seen in the last four months make me unhappy.

"I don't want to speak about it now because this is a time to celebrate but my friends in the team know why I want to leave.

"I love the Jambos and hope the fans will see this as the perfect way to say goodbye. I'm sad I must move again - but those who know me realise why I have to go."

Drylaw Hearts

That they were badly advised traitors? Webster far worse than Skacel obviously .....

But was he ?

Look at it this way.........

One refuses a new deal as he wants to try his luck at a bigger club. Because he won't sign a new deal a threat of seeing out the remainder of his contract on the stand is made.

Instead of rolling over and taking the threat, the player decides to take his future into his own hands and digs into the FIFA ruling on contracts and discovers he can leave for nowt. And promptly does.

The other guy, who is barely 3 months into his contract refuses to turn up to preseason training and demands to leave.

One is a dick and one is a hero and I just don't understand why.

Btw...

I have no problem with what either player did as the club was a frickin mess and VR was acting like a complete nutcase with increasing regularity.

nah pa,l read a post of yours the other day statin rudi walked out on us, and ive argued that to you in the past an your stance was always from the other side where he was forced out, so forgive my skepticism.

Drylaw Hearts

nah pa,l read a post of yours the other day statin rudi walked out on us, and ive argued that to you in the past an your stance was always from the other side where he was forced out, so forgive my skepticism.

Bullshit.

Utter bullshit.

berrathanhibs

come on hearts

utter shite m8

Just for the record hear are some quotes regarding Skacels departure at the time :whistling:

Delighted Rudi wasn't trying in the final and his mind was clearly on heading South.... :):teehee:

No replies to any of these comments mellors? Sigh.

didn't know making a point would lead to such abuse thanks to all for your comments all I'm pointing out is no player is loyal to any club but as long as they play for hearts they get my backing

Drylaw Hearts

You tell lies then ask for trust, hmmm i think not. :down:

Ok.....

Prove it.

Otherwise......

Sssht.

Ok.....

Prove it.

Otherwise......

Sssht.

I cant be arsed trawling for 2 plus year old threads. But you know, you wont admit it but you know. Im not holding it against you, funny to me is all . :thumbsup:

Drylaw & feeno :vrface:

Someone argued a point with you then completly changed their stand point to defend webster, your not going to say something?

Archived