Who should we re-sign next?

tartofmidlothian

Do the people who are saying Brellier reckon he'd get in our team ahead of Black, Mrowiec, Palazuelos and Jonsson, by the way? Serious question, because I really don't think he would.

If he was playing like he did in 2005-6 he would be the first midfield player on the teamsheet for me.

Charlie-Brown

If he was playing like he did in 2005-6 he would be the first midfield player on the teamsheet for me.

If they were playing like they did in 2005-06 then surely Hartley & Skacel would be in ahead of Brellier - they were far more curcial to our success, as was Elvis, Jankauskas, Fyssas & Gordon than JB was.

If they were playing like they did in 2005-06 then surely Hartley & Skacel would be in ahead of Brellier - they were far more curcial to our success, as was Elvis, Jankauskas, Fyssas & Gordon than JB was.

I don't think that CFA was talking about which of the midfielders in 2005-6 we should resign.

That's kind of the point though, isn't it? The chances of him reaching that level again for anyone, let alone us, are so outrageously remote you're as well placing a bet on a reanimated Walt Disney winning next year's Dancing On Ice.

Second point - despite all 4 of our defence this season being weaker than their 05/06 counterparts, someone put up stats the other day suggesting we've only conceded 2 more goals this season than at the same stage of that season. Our midfield is definitely doing something right. I don't think Brellier would add anything that we're not already getting from Mrowiec and Black. Plus, as much as it pains me to say it, we have significantly strengthened our defence in the last 24 hours, and before that with Wallace and Creepy Thomson returning. I don't think JB would get in the team.

Vincent Guerin...now there's your playmaker :rolleyes:

Where do I sign up for this one? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kurskis (sp?). Never felt he was ever really given a fair crack of the whip here.

Only joking!!!

i think youve got that slightly wrong it should read he didnt get a fair crack with a whip

Nade and Stewart!

Aye, one to run about like a heedless doo and Nade? well the book is still out if he CAN run. :teehee: But to answer the op Cammy Fraser and scott crabbe.

Okay, so this season we've brought back Mrowiec, Skacel, Webster and very nearly Hartley. So which ex-Hearts player who could do a job for us should we bring in next?

It helps if they're still playing, better than what we've got and anywhere even close to our budget. Would love to see Gordon, Fuller or Pinilla back, but it won't happen.

Is it too predictable to say Bednar? I always hoped Gary Naysmith would come back for a season or two later in his career, but a bit late now I guess.

Robbo

Miko so he can have the last laugh and stick the vickys up to DALLAS and the rest of the hypocrites about the diving when its clear there is many others who could win the award for best diver

JamboAberdeen

Gordon when he is about to finish his career.

More realistically Aguir, a creative passer we desperately need now.

Also coaching role for Elvis under JJ will do fine, in view of future successor.

Defo still a good player but like in his first spell a crackingf player.

He played for Hearts?! Can't believe we let him go :whistling:

Jermain-Defoe-284x300.jpg

I'm not a Robbie hater, but I would 100% take Tall back before Robbie.

Niemi

Tall

Fyssas

Bruno

Goncalves

Cesnauskis

Valois

Kingston

Guerin

Jankauskas

Pinilla

Don't know why but I've gone for a completely foreign XI. Would win the SPL at a canter though if they could be bothered.

Niemi

Tall

Fyssas

Bruno

Goncalves

Cesnauskis

Valois

Kingston

Guerin

Jankauskas

Pinilla

Don't know why but I've gone for a completely foreign XI. Would win the SPL at a canter though if they could be bothered.

Despite about 4 of the above have retired, they would still win the league :whistling:

Alex MacDonald

Craig Gordon

Christophe Berra

Bruno Aguiar

Ricardo Fuller

I believe that quartet, replacing Kello, Bouzid, Black & Elliott, would have us giving the ugly sisters the willies.

I would go for:-

Mohammed Berthe

Nerijus Barasa

Steve Penney

Leigh Jenkinson

Ian Baird

John Sharples

Craig Nelson

David Winnie

David Hagen

:whistling:

Craig Gordon

Christophe Berra

Bruno Aguiar

Ricardo Fuller

I believe that quartet, replacing Kello, Bouzid, Black & Elliott, would have us giving the ugly sisters the willies.

I would far rather they replaced Ballogh, Barr, Obua and Eliot but there you go.

Thunderstruck

Miko x 1,000,000.

Just for the pure and utter seeth it would induce from Ramjets like Richard Gordon and his cronies.

Yes! Apoplexy at the Beeb. Sounds like a plan.

wheatfield to sheffield

Can we actually work out a full team of those who have genuinely left and come back?

I'm short a goalie and one defender, but I've got another nine - plus a manager who has come back for seconds!

McPherson

Webster

Mrowiec

Bannon

Stewart

McCann

Skacel

Colquhoun

Robertson

Managed by

Jeffries

Alex MacDonald

I would far rather they replaced Ballogh, Barr, Obua and Eliot but there you go.

Yeah, absolutely, I was meaning from the current first choice eleven.

tartofmidlothian

Derek Holmes......scores the odd goal, nuisance value akin to Kyle......

Jim Hamilton - see above......plus, he's just a legend.

Gary Naysmith - legend......

Husref Musemic

Dennis Wyness.....

Just looked him up on Wikipedia, was never a fan when he was with us but he's had a reasonable career since.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Holmes

tartofmidlothian

Since we re-signed Webster why not go for a punt at "Phressley" for coach? Even though the original Q was who should we RESIGN. I'm quite happy with the current management set-up.

Ha, yeah, tried to sort that the second after I posted. Widny let me do it, though. <_<

:yas:

Let's have Gordon and the original Bruno back as well, though. Pasquale just so he can cut about on the touchline in some classic Italian couture and threaten Neil Lennon. :thumbsup:

I'd love to have Bruno at the club. I'd like to think that we would cut out mincey tackles and rank up our efforts on 30/70 tackles.:thumbsup:

Guildford_Jambo

Robbie Neilson

Seems like he can play left back now too...

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/sport/Erick-Norales-plays-key-role-Leicester-City-Reserves/article-3143511-detail/article.html

"We had to move players out of position to accommodate the trialists but they did well, particularly Robbie Neilson who was outstanding at left-back."

And Bruno

Archived