RANGERS WORST DECISION

Haymarket4

Wee mention for Antti Niemi here. Back in 2000 an well known ex-poster on heres laddie who was about 8 at the time was in the Sick Kids with a pretty serious illness. It was around the Stuttgart tie and my mate couldn't travel to Germany. His lad was still in the hospital come the return leg and a couple of days after that game both Antti and Juanjo paid a visit to the wee man, with Antti handing over his shorts and gloves from the home tie v Stuttgart. Both stayed for a couple of hours playing table football and watching re-runs of the 98 cup final. Top bloke................and Juanjo off course.

I realise they got ?4 million for him but Gattuso could still be up there with their poor decisions.

Is that figure right? i thought Advocaat had let him go for a lot less than that.

aberhill jambo

when they tapped...er... let ritchie know that they wanted him in the press. I read an article titled: Rangers boss tells Ritchie to sit tight and he will rescue him from his Tynecastle hell.

Ritchie sat tight and well... I bet he felt really rescued.

Went on to sign for Man City and make a million bet he felt right bad about it.

aberhill jambo

when they tapped...er... let ritchie know that they wanted him in the press. I read an article titled: Rangers boss tells Ritchie to sit tight and he will rescue him from his Tynecastle hell.

Ritchie sat tight and well... I bet he felt really rescued.

I'll add a Daniel Prodan and a Seb Rozenthal to that list.

The best ever, never played and contaminated his body with the blue jersey and picked up a wedge, I also think he was bought for a good few bob as well, happy days. biggrin.gif

I was thinking about Paul Ritchie the other day actually...anybody know what he's up to nowadays?

Sydney from Sydney

Big Slim. We bought him from Rangers and sold him back for a profit and bought him back again. Great defender, him and Levein were as good as any defensive partnership we've had in the last 50 years.

glenn quagmire

Is that figure right? i thought Advocaat had let him go for a lot less than that.

I'm sure the fee was between ?1.1m and ?1.2m. The Dutch general waited until Barry Ferguson won Player Of The Year a few years later to claim he let him go because it was between him Ferguson for the future midfield General role. Typical Advocaat pish.

On the original thread Prodan, Rozenthal, Jeffers, Ostenstad, the list is endless over the last 25 years but it's coming back to bite them in the arse now.

I'm sure the fee was between ?1.1m and ?1.2m. The Dutch general waited until Barry Ferguson won Player Of The Year a few years later to claim he let him go because it was between him Ferguson for the future midfield General role. Typical Advocaat pish.

On the original thread Prodan, Rozenthal, Jeffers, Ostenstad, the list is endless over the last 25 years but it's coming back to bite them in the arse now.

It was ?4m that Rangers got for Gattuso. I think they got ?2.5m upfront at the time and the rest in stages.

Mr Brightside

I'm proud to say John Colquhoun was my rector. :thumbsup:

Same here for a few years. Then it was that idiot from the green party, Robin something or other.

Broxburn Jambo

Dave McPherson

TWICE!

I was thinking the very same thing.

He was twice the player for us, I always felt because he got more respect from his own fans when at Tynecastle.

From an older thread. Rangers great signings:

Jerome Rothen

Filip Sebo

Tore Andre Flo

Gregory Vignal

Lionel Letizi

Ronald Watterus

Bert Konterman

Jean-Claude Darcheville

Alan Gow

Roy Carroll

Amdy Faye

Christian Dailly

Graeme Smith

Ugo Ehiogu

Karl Svensson

Jeremy Clement

Makhtar N'Diaye

Antoine Ponroy

William Stagner

Hamed Namouchi

Oliver Bernard

Jose-Karl Pierre-Fanfan

Julian Rodriguez

Dany N'Guessan

Ian Murray

Brahim Hemdani

Federico Nieto

Francis Jeffers

Filippo Maniero

Aaron Niguez

Kyle Lafferty

Andrius Velicka

Dragan Mladenovic

Jukka Santala

Nuno Capucho

Paolo Vanoli

Henning Berg

Emerson

Egil Ostenstad

Jesper Christiansen

Jerome Bonnissel

Dan Eggen

Christian Nerlinger

Sebastian Rozental

Sergio Porrini

Oleg Salenko

Fabrice Fernandes

Stale Stensaas

Jonatan Johansson

Daniel Prodan

Gabriel Amato

Stephanie Guivarc'h

Luigi Riccio

Theo Snelders

Lionel Carbonnier

Andrei Kanchelskis

Marcus Gayle

Christopher Vinnicombe

Neil Woods

Colin West

Dariusz Adamczuk

Peter Van Vossen

Jan Bartram

Basile Boli

Gary Bollan

Bajram Fetai

Tero Penttila

Mark Falco

Dean Furman

Oleh Kuznetsov

Erik Bo Anderson

Andy Gray

Avi Cohen

Moses Ashikodi

Libor Sionko

Andy Dibble

Mel Sterland

Kevin Drinkell

Neale Cooper

Bonni Ginzburg

Jimmy Nicholl

Time will tell I suppose.

But Webster will be back in the Scotland sqaud as senior CH very soon.

My Rangers 'mates' can't believe Webster doesn't get ahead of Weir, Broadfoot, McCulloch and are now saying that the 'not having the mentality to play for the OF' is wearing thin - it's as if the club maybe wants players signed from other Scottish clubs to fail.

If Smith goes out again without winning a trophy then it does reek of biting off your nose to spite your face.

Richard Gough back to win 10 in a row. Yikes.

Lets not forget Oleg Salenko, Basile Boli, Bo Anderson and Peter Van Vossen

A common misconception, but for some reason it annoys me! :laugh:

Erik Bo Andersen: Played 23 and scored 15.

Archived