RANGERS WORST DECISION

Haymarket4

Niemi out for 300K or Webster released can't believe how bad Smith is didn't Advocate do well with Flo

No wonder they are broke

Niemi out for 300K or Webster released can't believe how bad Smith is didn't Advocate do well with Flo

No wonder they are broke

Still cant believe Niemi didnt get called up for Scotland. :verymad:

:ermm:

...wonder why

:thumbsup:

Someone won't get it and make an arse of themselves slagging you off (nap)

pettigrewsstylist

No wonder they are broke

its because they are broke

Releasing Webster wasnt a mistake. He bottled it for them over and over again. Niemi was a howler obviously.

Flo actually did well at Rangers i think. Sadly nothing he could do would justify that price tag. it was the height of stupid money but he scored 1 in 2. They didnt know what was coming round the corner financially i guess.

Snake Plissken

...wonder why

:thumbsup:

Someone won't get it and make an arse of themselves slagging you off (nap)

:verysmug:

You called it.

Drylaw Hearts

...wonder why

Ehm mabye because Niemi was Finnish? :blink: . Are you being serious?

:(

Snake Plissken

Reckon you've dropped the ball there, TW. :ninja:

1249394601738.jpg

I think my post was misunderstood.

Never mind.

niemi!! What a keeper he was. I remember in a Derby a hobo was caught offside and niemi stood on 1 leg as if to say " there u go il make it easy for u"

However he said I could get his gloves at the end of a season and he bumped me!!! :verymad:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

its because they are broke

That is my reading of it... reckon they feel goals are more valuable to try and secure championship money and so in order to free up some wages to help bring in Diouf and Healy, they needed to punt someone out the door.

The Niemi decision was just madness!... Dis they not keep Charbonnier before him, as well as Klos?

I may be running afew incidents into one as I was fairly young at the time but...

Did they not have Klos and Niemi, bring in Lionel Charbonnier (sp) and sell Niemi and drop Klos temporarily on the basis of the Frenchman's reputation only to discover that he was in fact sh*te? (and looked like an wino).

That is my reading of it... reckon they feel goals are more valuable to try and secure championship money and so in order to free up some wages to help bring in Diouf and Healy, they needed to punt someone out the door.

The Niemi decision was just madness!... Dis they not keep Charbonnier before him, as well as Klos?

Indeed they did. Ludicrous! Charbonnier's mistakes cost Rangers the chance to progress through a very tough CL group also containing Valencia, Bayern and PSV: a failure which would have severe financial consequences. Advocaat's treatment of Niemi was simply bizarre; as it was of Paul Ritchie. When Rangers spent most of 2000/1 hopeless at the back, Konterman and Ricksen embarrassing themselves on a weekly basis, it made Advocaat's decision to offload Ritchie so quickly look crazy.

Stefan Guivarch anyone?

How about Michael Ball, signed for ?6.5m? They'd have been better off signing Johnny Ball.

mahgrassyshoes

How about Michael Ball, signed for ?6.5m? They'd have been better off signing Johnny Ball.

I'll add a Daniel Prodan and a Seb Rozenthal to that list.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Indeed they did. Ludicrous! Charbonnier's mistakes cost Rangers the chance to progress through a very tough CL group also containing Valencia, Bayern and PSV: a failure which would have severe financial consequences. Advocaat's treatment of Niemi was simply bizarre; as it was of Paul Ritchie. When Rangers spent most of 2000/1 hopeless at the back, Konterman and Ricksen embarrassing themselves on a weekly basis, it made Advocaat's decision to offload Ritchie so quickly look crazy.

when they tapped...er... let ritchie know that they wanted him in the press. I read an article titled: Rangers boss tells Ritchie to sit tight and he will rescue him from his Tynecastle hell.

Ritchie sat tight and well... I bet he felt really rescued.

I'll add a Daniel Prodan and a Seb Rozenthal to that list.

The list of poor decisions is endless.

However, I would suggest that releasing a player who made about three starts for them in four years is probably pretty far down it.

They missed the boat when Johnny Ball was elected rector of Glasgow Uni in 1993. My final year. He got my vote...

mahgrassyshoes

The list of poor decisions is endless.

However, I would suggest that releasing a player who made about three starts for them in four years is probably pretty far down it.

It was more the signing them in the first place that i was mentioning in reply to Shauns comment about signing Michael Ball. Off topic a bit I guess but hey-ho.

Just decided, though, that my favourite Rangers decision was when they decided not to sign a player for ?10 million. His name was Ruud Van Nistelrooy and around a year later he went to Man United for ?18 million and scored for fun!

They missed the boat when Johnny Ball was elected rector of Glasgow Uni in 1993. My final year. He got my vote...

I'm proud to say John Colquhoun was my rector. :thumbsup:

Top man. :thumbsup: Wouldn't kick his daughter out of bed either...

It was more the signing them in the first place that i was mentioning in reply to Shauns comment about signing Michael Ball. Off topic a bit I guess but hey-ho.

Just decided, though, that my favourite Rangers decision was when they decided not to sign a player for ?10 million. His name was Ruud Van Nistelrooy and around a year later he went to Man United for ?18 million and scored for fun!

If that's the case, I am sure he looks back with relief on the year he spent with the broken leg, rather than having to live in Glasgow.

Rangers didn't make a mistake selling Niemi. They had Stefan Klos at the time - You can only play one keeper.

If Niemi was playing in the first team for Rangers and Smith sold Klos to us for 400k then Klos would of went down as a Hearts legend to the same degree as Niemi.

Mine too. JB = Legend.

BlackhallJambo

Stefan Guivarch anyone?

Lets not forget Oleg Salenko, Basile Boli, Bo Anderson and Peter Van Vossen

Charlie-Brown

By far Rangers/Sir David Murray's worst decision was to let Dick Advocaat run amok with the chequebook then concoct fanciful tax-avoidance schemes to pay the players?

JamboAberdeen

Decision not to sigh John Hartson and went for Francis Jeffers! (not same time though)

Time will tell whether they were right to release Webster or not.

Ehm mabye because Niemi was Finnish? :blink: . Are you being serious?

:what:

Made a total ###### of yourself again here hughesie.

Archived