Falkirk 1 - 2 Hearts (28th September 1991)

Silvery_Moon

A classic match from the 1991/92 season. Title challengers Hearts kept up their challenge with this fine win at Brockville. Scott Crabbe & John Millar scored the goals. The roar of the crowd at the Hearts goals is something else.

On a separate note - who remembers Steve (I think that was his name) Penney?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjdR_ccy-Gg

remember giving co commentator Gordon McQueen pelters up above us on the scaffolding and singing "theres only one Hazel Irvine " at him to which he shook his head and mouthed "naw two" and held his hands in front of his chest :whistling::thumbsup:

Thanks p0ab2

Great memories of that season (2nd eventually) and some not so great (Cup semi replay v Airdrie)

Always liked going to Brockville. Always a great atmosphere.

Load of ex Hibbies in the Falkirk team there. Ediie May, Kevin McAlistair and Bingo. JJ in the dugout for them too then.

Steve Penney

Remember he was Irish but thats about it?? :teehee:

Does anyone remember Gerry McNee and Gordon McQueen laughing at 'us' in the Shed singing up to them? Top LADS who were LOVING IT.

Great memories of this game, not least because it ties in with my request to see the great games of the greatest HMFC video release:

Hearts Go For Europe!

Steve Penny was one of the 'free transfer bargains' that Wallace told Joe Jordan to go sign when JJ complained about a lack of money.

He also picked up Gary Williams, John Millar, John Sharples, as well as splashing out for Ian Baird.

Does anyone remember Gerry McNee and Gordon McQueen laughing at 'us' in the Shed singing up to them? Top LADS who were LOVING IT.

Great memories of this game, not least because it ties in with my request to see the great games of the greatest HMFC video release:

Hearts Go For Europe!

Steve Penny was one of the 'free transfer bargains' that Wallace told Joe Jordan to go sign when JJ complained about a lack of money.

He also picked up Gary Williams, John Millar, John Sharples, as well as splashing out for Ian Baird.

Indeed Buffalo Bill. This was taken from that very video. I do have the extended highlights as well but the condensed versions are a bit easier in terms of time to upload etc. You may be interested to know that it wasn't a Hearts official video release - but instead a Scottish Football League one.

Also - I too was under the shed that day and remember that it was the one and only time I ever started a chant!

A classic match from the 1991/92 season. Title challengers Hearts kept up their challenge with this fine win at Brockville. Scott Crabbe & John Millar scored the goals. The roar of the crowd at the Hearts goals is something else.

On a separate note - who remembers Steve (I think that was his name) Penney?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjdR_ccy-Gg

Steve Penney, wee Irish winger, usually injured & rarely played. I think I saw him make his debut in a friendly at Morton.

Penny was a former Northern Ireland international who featured at Mexico '86 (and Northern Ireland in the early to mid-80s folks were quite a handy side). He had already been dogged by injuries prior to joining us and his move to Tynie was more or less a last chance for him. Shame he couldn't recapture what he once had because he was a decent wee winger prior to his first major injury.

Goldstone Wonder

I was in the main stand for that game. Really enjoyed that season and went to most of the games home and away.

I actually remember watching Steve Penney play as a youngster for Brighton. I was at a game at St Johnstone very early on that season and close to one of the corners. When he came to take one I let out a huge "Seagulls" chant and he turned round looking very confused!

He was very highly-rated and went to Mexico 86 with Norn Iron. Seem to remember he got a bad injury and was never the same again. He was well past his best by the time he came to us.

Another two observations:

Isn't is great to see an all-white Hearts away kit?

It seems that John Millar pops up and scores in nearly every one of p0ab2's videos.

Another two observations:

Isn't is great to see an all-white Hearts away kit?

It seems that John Millar pops up and scores in nearly every one of p0ab2's videos.

I must admit that looking back I quite liked John Millar. Scored a couple of goals against Hibs and even knocked Hibs out of the cup in 98!

Archived