Clydesdale Bank Premier League

Hibernian v Hearts, 15:00

Saturday, 9 April 2011

Hearts v Motherwell, 15:00

Saturday, 16 April 2011

Inverness CT v Hearts, 15:00

Look at these games, tell me we cant win every single one of them!!

Inside 10 points come the split and that is a very good season

Mon the Jambos

Arthur Morgan

Yeah I was thinking the same, I think we could win all of them but bar a draw vs Dundee Utd away wouldn't be too bad.

Guest Dr. Pepper

Exactly and at least this title challenge nonsense can stop completely now as well.

How was it ever nonsense?

You seem relieved that it is perhaps over, nae bottle?

The only thing is the OF dont look like losing especially not celtic

At least one of them will drop points at the weekend and they still have to play each other twice no?

Craig Herbertson

Still a good season with a lot to look forward to. Disappointed we lost but I've still got a good feeling about this season and I think the next might be interesting.

True, although i wouldnt be surprised if Rangers dropped some points their fixture card is pretty hectic :)

The Old Scam play each other before the split also ;)

How was it ever nonsense?

You seem relieved that it is perhaps over, nae bottle?

Because we are not good enough to win the league, never were. The team has/is doing well but we don't have sufficient balance/good enough players. We need a leader in defence to keep Zali in check, a playmaker(Eremenko would do) and back up to KK.

Don't get me wrong, we've got a good team but not good enough. SHimples.

Problem Officer?

All it takes is another run of form against these teams and if we can somehow manage to break into the 70 point region come the split, if the Old Firm aren't too far away, you never know. :whistling:

Unlikely though.

Hamilton v Hearts, 15:00

Saturday, 19 February 2011

Hearts v Dundee Utd, 15:00

Saturday, 26 February 2011

Aberdeen v Hearts, 12:00

Saturday, 5 March 2011

Hearts v Kilmarnock, 15:00

Wednesday, 16 March 2011

Dundee Utd v Hearts, 19:45

Saturday, 19 March 2011

Hearts v St Mirren, 15:00

Saturday, 2 April 2011

Saturday, 9 April 2011

Saturday, 16 April 2011

Mon the Jambos

Cheers for that, was at risk of going on a bit of a downer there...... :thumbsup:

Saturday, 5 March 2011

Wednesday, 16 March 2011

Saturday, 19 March 2011

Saturday, 2 April 2011

Saturday, 9 April 2011

Saturday, 16 April 2011

Mon the Jambos

Two points:

Firstly We should win each single one of them but that's not the same as saying that we should win every single one of them. Avoiding a slip up nine times in a row would be quite an achievement

Secondly if we were to somehow take 30 points from 10 games we'd be a good deal closer than 10 points by the split.

Nonetheless I tend to agree with your general point. We might be celebrating with Proseco rather than champagne this spring the way things are heading but the Hearts will nonetheless be having a party while the hibs...

Cheers for that, was at risk of going on a bit of a downer there...... :thumbsup:

JJ's job starts now!!

We get Kyle back and Temps regains some form, hopefully Rizla can bang a few in.

If we go into the split inside 10 points and peaking like we have already this season, hold onto yer hat :yas:

MacDonald Jardine

At least one of them will drop points at the weekend and they still have to play each other twice no?

No they won't. It's the cup.

If we concentrate on humping the rest, then we will see what happens. I dont know why we didnt perform in glasgow. I am guessing it is the fact no one in the team has been in a premier league title race before and bottled it. Good platform for next season though if we pick the form back up that seen us destroy Aberdeen 5-0 and played so well early in the season. Good times to be a jambo.

We have played both of the brothers grimm 3 times now and St Johnstone (our bogey team imo). Now is the point where we can kick on and start racking up the points! Perhaps a bit optimistic but i think we can beat everyone we play from now to the split!

At least it's ages until we have to play the old firm again. Get to have another go at Celtic at home which is good!

JamboAberdeen

We should secure 3rd in canter.

Question is how we can close the gap with OF.

Splitting OF?

Title hope??

Taking drug is bad for you...

RoussetsShorts

Clydesdale Bank Premier League 3points

Hearts v Dundee Utd, 15:00 3points

Aberdeen v Hearts, 12:00 0 points

Saturday, 5 March 2011

Hearts v Kilmarnock, 15:00 3 points

Wednesday, 16 March 2011

Dundee Utd v Hearts, 19:45 1 point

Saturday, 19 March 2011

Hearts v St Mirren, 15:00 3 points

Saturday, 2 April 2011

Hibernian v Hearts, 15:00 ?????????

Saturday, 9 April 2011

Hearts v Motherwell, 15:00 3 points

Saturday, 16 April 2011

Inverness CT v Hearts, 15:00 1 point

Mon the Jambos

So 17 points to take us onto 65 points, the average for 3rd place is 56 so we should be ok.

Well we gave them enough of a fright that they both went out and brought in players this January. Rangers look the more panicky with all their loans - surely the governing bodies have to consider putting a cap on loans soon?

The OF are creaking. Celtic have the better and stronger squad but I'm still not convinced Lennon knows what he is doing - simply pinching Rangers targets is no scouting policy...Rangers appear to have serious financial problems and I for one hope they are crippled for a few years at least. Smith has done a sterling job a la Moyes at Everton but will his successor manage so well? The prospect of Lennon stealing McCoist's transfer targets is mouthwatering! LOL

Can't help feeling that if we could thin the squad by losing some of the dross who have not and do not look like making it - thinking, Elliot, Mole, Glen, J Thompson - then we could bring in a player or two who would actually strengthen the team/squad...A box to box midfielder (NOT SPH, he's no longer that sort of player), and a decent option to Kyle would've done it.

We just need a bit more creativity - we have some raw talent on the wings but we're not exactly creating loads of chances...That attacking midfielder could be JJ's most important signing next summer - hope he gets it right.

Francis Albert

We've made huge strides this season and need to keep going. We can still run them closer than we have for 5 years. The important thing is not to be one season wonders as we have been (at best) for 50 years. We need to sustain a challenge over a number of years to have a realistic hope of a title. In the meantime unrealistic hopes are still alive.

any talk about winning the league is simply pie in the sky now. it was valid before the celtic game because there remained a chance to stay close to the old firm. now there's no chance but to have been in a challenging position at this stage of the season is an achievement in itself.

now we have the better looking run of games to the split and we can confirm 3rd place early on by keeping the head down and churning out the wins and draws. as long as there's no run of bad results then 3rd place looks virtually certain.

only a couple of defeats would change all that and change the complexion of the race for 3rd completely. hopefully JJ will make sure nobody is found wanting for effort.

we have a weird season now. 3rd place or total and utter failure.

Looking at the fixtures it is possible that we could have 3rd place wrapped up by beginning of March. Beating Kilmarnock on 5th March would end any chance of them catching us. That should be the priority for the moment, once we have done that then we can relax and have a real go at the Old Firm with nothing to lose.

I certainly think we are more than capable of winning them all

but i reckon we would be doing well to take 23 out of a possible 27 points from those fixtures and i would be more than happy with that

on the plus side the old firm will drop points before the split and will pick up injuries to key players over the two old firm clashes so i wouldnt say we havent a hope in hell of catching them just yet.

Every time we win, we're still in it, every time we lose we're shite and 3rd is the best we'll do etc etc.... We've beat the uglies at home and lost away so we've not lost any ground(obv beating them would close the gap). Its what we do in the other games now, the uglies will drop points, we will drop points, just need to drop less than them! All this hat kicking after losing 2 games out of however many win is a bit shan tbh. Wouldn't worry bout Killie either as they'll be pap now Sammon's away and might even struggle for top 6

If we go into the split inside 10 points and peaking like we have already this season, hold onto yer hat :yas:

:what:

If we go into the split within 10 points we will finish about 16 points behind.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Every time we win, we're still in it, every time we lose we're shite and 3rd is the best we'll do etc etc.... We've beat the uglies at home and lost away so we've not lost any ground(obv beating them would close the gap). Its what we do in the other games now, the uglies will drop points, we will drop points, just need to drop less than them! All this hat kicking after losing 2 games out of however many win is a bit shan tbh. Wouldn't worry bout Killie either as they'll be pap now Sammon's away and might even struggle for top 6

Exactly, some folk are up and down like a hoor's drawers after every game.

portobellojambo1

I agree with the OP, this season isn't over yet.

However, I cannot agree with the above Rents. Last Wednesday we gave the game away by forgetting to turn up, Celtic didn't have to play to win that game, we failed to play on the night and gift wrapped it. Tonight the only difference between the two sides was one silly lapse in concentration early on. I'm convinced both Rangers and Celtic will lose points between now and the end of the season, and if we can keep winning, I don't think we'll be far away come the season's end (not saying we will win it (although you need to maintain hope) but it could be a lot closer than some seem to think at this point).

:what:

If we go into the split within 10 points we will finish about 16 points behind.

Deary deary me, we beat one of the OF then that OF gets beat by the other and there is 6 points right there!!

Considering we have beaten both OF teams already, your negativity is not merited ;)

Guest Bilel Mohsni
I agree with the OP, this season isn't over yet. However, I cannot agree with the above Rents. Last Wednesday we gave the game away by forgetting to turn up, Celtic didn't have to play to win that game, we failed to play on the night and gift wrapped it. Tonight the only difference between the two sides was one silly lapse in concentration early on. I'm convinced both Rangers and Celtic will lose points between now and the end of the season, and if we can keep winning, I don't think we'll be far away come the season's end (not saying we will win it (although you need to maintain hope) but it could be a lot closer than some seem to think at this point).
Definitely... I actually think some folk could not handle the pressure of being up there and yearn for us to be sitting happily in third and not fighting for more. Personally, I hope we have another surge and get right back in about them. I thought Rangers were pish tonight.

Hmm...

Hamilton Academical (a) W 2-0

Dundee United (h) D 1-1

Aberdeen (a) L 0-1

Kilmarnock (h) D 1-1

Dundee United (a) D 1-1

St Mirren (h) W 2-0

Hibernian (a) W 2-1

Motherwell (h) W 3-0

Inverness Caledonian Thistle (a) D 1-1

16 points, giving us 64 at the split. Whereupon we win one, draw a couple, and end up on 69 points, 20 or so behind Celtic, 15 or so behind Rangers, 12-15 ahead of 4th.

It's absolutely not over. Rankgers are ordinary whilst Celtic are enjoying a bit of a purple patch despite their honking poor back four. They still have to play each other and I'm convinced they will drop points.

We have Killie and Dundee United at home fairly early on in this run of matches to the split, giving us an opportunity to more or less secure third. Aberdeen away is probably our toughest match IMHO, and that too is just around the corner. If we get a win up there then we're still very much in this.

All to play for, Kyle, Wallace and Driver to return, exciting times ahead. 'Mon the famous.

portobellojambo1

Hmm...

Dundee United (h) D 1-1

Aberdeen (a) L 0-1

Kilmarnock (h) D 1-1

Dundee United (a) D 1-1

St Mirren (h) W 2-0

Hibernian (a) W 2-1

Motherwell (h) W 3-0

16 points, giving us 64 at the split. Whereupon we win one, draw a couple, and end up on 69 points, 20 or so behind Celtic, 15 or so behind Rangers, 12-15 ahead of 4th.

Fortunately it won't be decided on predictions or on paper, but on the park. Any team playing to the top of their game, or even getiing the odd bit luck, is capable of taking points off both Rangers and Celtic. We may not win all our games, but I certainly think we can take more points than you expect from the above fixtures. However, we'll have to wait and see, as I said it is only on the park it will unfold.

Saturday, 5 March 2011

Wednesday, 16 March 2011

Saturday, 19 March 2011

Saturday, 2 April 2011

Saturday, 9 April 2011

Saturday, 16 April 2011

Mon the Jambos

I think we will get 14 points from that lot of fixtures.

Grumpy

Exactly and at least this title challenge nonsense can stop completely now as well.

Losers mentality IMO. And actually what a truly ridiculous comment to make. What exactly is so wrong about being optimistic FFS. BTW we can actually still win the league, unlikely, true, but still do-able

Hmm...

Dundee United (h) D 1-1

Aberdeen (a) L 0-1

Kilmarnock (h) D 1-1

Dundee United (a) D 1-1

St Mirren (h) W 2-0

Hibernian (a) W 2-1

Motherwell (h) W 3-0

I think we will get 14 points from that lot of fixtures.

Grumpy

I think we'll fare alot better fellas - I'll say 19 or 22 points from these fixtures. Away win at Hamilton, 4 home wins then 1 or 2 away wins (certainly at United) and a draw from the rest.

That'll keep us closer to the Weejie trash than the teams below us.

When we finished second in 05/06 we got 74 points! I think its possible to take at least 19 points from the next 9 games, and 7 from the games after the split. This would give us 74, not nearly enough to win the league but id have taken it no problem at the start of the season. Plus i bet a tidy little sum on us winning the league with a 26 point handicap, and neither of the weegie scum are making it to 100 points!

FTH

Apart from against the Old Firm we've not dropped points away from home all season, why would we start now and in the dramatic way that some predictions suggest. Aberdeen will be our biggest test I think and I'm still not decided how much they've improved yet.

And of our four home games, Motherwell and Kilmarnock have both fallen away and lost players and managers. Dundee United weren't even there to fall away. My mon

Aberdeen away is the fixture in that list is the one causing me concern. We should win up there but it won't be easy.

Maybe now we can stop deluding ourselves and concentrate on securing a solid 3rd place and prepare properly for a European campaign next year.

Archived