***OFFICIAL HUNS V HEARTS MATCH THREAD***

Frankenstein Jambo.

It's just shit.

Can you imagine us ever being 1-0 up at home against them, and for them to meekly surrender the way we did and basically not even put us under any sort of pressure at all?

They are shit and we are still miles away from competing.

I disagree mate. We are miles closer than we were this time last year. With all of our players fit we can compete with them but we don't have the squad, yet. If they continue to go downhill and we continue to improve.....

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All roads lead to Gorgie

Chick Young pandering to Walter again, its embarassing listen to this clown, im sure i can hear him trying to lick Walters arse during their interview!!

Had a go at Blackie at half time to. Said he has been like this for many seasons, ie getting booked, just like McCulloch and Scott brown then Chickie! :yucky:

I disagree mate. We are miles closer than we were this time last year. With all of our players fit we can compete with them but we don't have the squad, yet. If they continue to go downhill and we continue to improve.....

Given the stories on here last week about their finances, Rangers could collapse over the next year or two. But Celtic won't. And for all that our improvement on last year is monumental, and you're right that we just need to strengthen, in reality, we'll lose key players in the summer, are absolutely hopeless at putting good years together back-to-back, and will always be at a massive disadvantage against both of them. Especially in Glasgow.

I know exactly where The Merse is coming from TBH. Even when we dominate all the non-OF clubs, we always lack belief in Glasgow, and games there invariably illustrate how far behind we remain. It's natural in many ways: look at how big those two clubs are compared to the rest of us. But it's still thoroughly depressing; and the thing is, because it means that, barring massive Summer 2005-style investment, 3rd is as good as it can get, players lose motivation and leave, other players lose form, and we spend the season after a campaign like this trying to defend 3rd instead of pushing on. Look at Dundee United this year: how could it possibly get any better than 3rd and a Cup win? So naturally, they've gone backwards; and while we're a much bigger club than them, that's usually what happens to us too.

Frankenstein Jambo = :no:

Everybody Loves Baz = :down:

you have let down the fans, the players, the manager

be ashamed, be very ashamed!!!

Frankenstein Jambo = :no:

Everybody Blames Baz = :down:

you have let down the fans, the players, the manager

be ashamed, be very ashamed!!!

Fixed that for you!

Not normally a conspiracy theorist but ....

Papers and some managers start saying that Hearts are putting in a real challenge

Aberdeen v Celtic - Considine sent off after 2 mins and penalty to Celtic

Rangers v Hearts - 4 or is it 5 Hearts booked in first half with people saying that we'll do well to finish with 11

Funny that ... :verymad:

GC

Well it was a stonewall penalty for the Tims. Considine possibly a little unlucky to get sent off. All 4 Hearts bookings more than justified. In fact Black was lucky not to get sent off. Leave the paranoia to the Tims.

black off is a good decision. a full-on players/fans assault awaited to get him sent off.

Blacks a liability. he doesn't need anyone's help to get sent off. He should concentrate on playing football as he's actually quite a decent player when he not trying to act the hardman.

jamboinglasgow

Given the stories on here last week about their finances, Rangers could collapse over the next year or two. But Celtic won't. And for all that our improvement on last year is monumental, and you're right that we just need to strengthen, in reality, we'll lose key players in the summer, are absolutely hopeless at putting good years together back-to-back, and will always be at a massive disadvantage against both of them. Especially in Glasgow.

I know exactly where The Merse is coming from TBH. Even when we dominate all the non-OF clubs, we always lack belief in Glasgow, and games there invariably illustrate how far behind we remain. It's natural in many ways: look at how big those two clubs are compared to the rest of us. But it's still thoroughly depressing; and the thing is, because it means that, barring massive Summer 2005-style investment, 3rd is as good as it can get, players lose motivation and leave, other players lose form, and we spend the season after a campaign like this trying to defend 3rd instead of pushing on. Look at Dundee United this year: how could it possibly get any better than 3rd and a Cup win? So naturally, they've gone backwards; and while we're a much bigger club than them, that's usually what happens to us too.

I do think we can build on this season. It takes careful planning to balance both finishing third this season and sort out next seasons squad. This would start with signing Webster, sticking purely on a footballing p.o.v. he is a talented experienced central defender, I doubt we will offer Bouzid a new contract so he can work up a partnership with Zaliukas. He also adds the experenced CB leader we need when Zaliukas is missing (see the difference in Garry Kenneth this season from last) so it provides us security if someone was to buy Zal in the summer.

We then need to spend the 6 months until the transfer window scouting the right striker as it has been obvious we miss a big guy like Kyle up front. But there will be a couple of other positions. Left back is an issue, I think we will be very very lucky if we get through the summer without Wallace being offski.

We have to choose which youngsters we think should be included in next seasons squad and give them the odd run-out. I have been impressed with Craig Thomson in the last two games, has started to show the potential he had in the U19s again, maybe an extended run at right back would benefit him.

If we look to build on this next season, tell the players that third was good but we can do better then we can achieve more.

portobellojambo1

Just back, and I'm a little disappointed we got nothing out of that game. We lost a stupid early goal through a slight lapse in concentration, but apart from that I thought we were the better side in the first half. Second half was even, and Rangers only really started exerting a little pressure after we switched to 4-4-2 (ish) and gave up a man in midfield (however in saying that I'm afraid Rudi never offered much anyway, he seems to be one of those players who does really well at Tynecastle, but doesn't get involved in away games as much as he should). What we really missed tonight though was Kevin Kyle. We needed someone who could take the ball on his chest hold up play for a few seconds and bring others around him into the game. Stephen Elliott was overrun constantly by defenders and it showed.

An unfortunate loss of 3 points, but we've just got to get back down to winning our remaining games, because I'm convinced both Celtic and Rangers have a lot of points to lose before this campaign is over.

Top for us tonight was probably Craig Thomson, although Adrian Mrowiec put in a really good shift as well. Biggest disappointment Suso Santana, he offered nothing tonight, and Jefferies should have altered things at half time. In the last 20 minutes of the 1st half we were more than holding our own, the crowd were beginning to get on their backs, and if we'd started the 2nd half brightly it could have ended up differently

Johanes de Silentio

Top for us tonight was probably Craig Thomson, although Adrian Mrowiec put in a really good shit as well. Biggest disappointment Suso Santana.

:blink:

portobellojambo1

:blink:

That's the problem with spell check, if it recognises a word it doesn't flag it as strange. I've fixed it now (although he may have had a very good shit as well, which helped him play well).

Commander Harris

Just back, and I'm a little disappointed we got nothing out of that game. We lost a stupid early goal through a slight lapse in concentration, but apart from that I thought we were the better side in the first half. Second half was even, and Rangers only really started exerting a little pressure after we switched to 4-4-2 (ish) and gave up a man in midfield (however in saying that I'm afraid Rudi never offered much anyway, he seems to be one of those players who does really well at Tynecastle, but doesn't get involved in away games as much as he should). What we really missed tonight though was Kevin Kyle. We needed someone who could take the ball on his chest hold up play for a few seconds and bring others around him into the game. Stephen Elliott was overrun constantly by defenders and it showed.

An unfortunate loss of 3 points, but we've just got to get back down to winning our remaining games, because I'm convinced both Celtic and Rangers have a lot of points to lose before this campaign is over.

Top for us tonight was probably Craig Thomson, although Adrian Mrowiec put in a really good shift as well. Biggest disappointment Suso Santana, he offered nothing tonight, and Jefferies should have altered things at half time. In the last 20 minutes of the 1st half we were more than holding our own, the crowd were beginning to get on their backs, and if we'd started the 2nd half brightly it could have ended up differently

not many times on this site I see a summary that I fully agree with (sometimes wonder what game others are watching!) but this is spot on.

Rudolf's Mate

not many times on this site I see a summary that I fully agree with (sometimes wonder what game others are watching!) but this is spot on.

Yep.... I'm starting to get really frustrated with what's being posted on here. As I said, I saw the first 45 ad I thought our passing was crisp, the way we pinged the passes around and the way the players brought the passes down/under control from what were fast balls really impressed me. Last few games we've struggled to string a couple of passes together and here was Rangers trying to hit us on the break.

I came on here and it was like watching a different game, even in the first 45! I made the decision not to post on here when a match is being played and I think I may even avoid the match thread from now on as some people sound like they want to jump from the top of a building even when things are not that bad!!!

Overall I'm pretty happy with last nights performance. Not the result i'd hoped for but in terms of how the guys played, no complaints from me.

Just overheard a Rangers supporter at work having a wee moan about "how hearts can claim to be title challengers when they cant even get a shot on target". Not sure what game he saw, but the one I watched had us bossing most of the first half. Incidentally, the stats on shots kinda confirm my thoughts - they had one more than us off target, and one more than us on target. Incidentally, I think the save of the game probably goes to McGregor from Zal's header. I dont recall Kello having too much to do.

Not too many complaints over the bookings although Suso's jumps out at me as being a bit harsh. The rest you could probably argue were fair - but what did bother me was how eager Winter was to get the cards out in comparison to his reluctance to book anyone in blue. Compare for example Suso's booking, which I think was soft, against Laff-at-me kicking Bouzid in the head and getting away with it..... El Radge Poof probably should gone in the book for diving in an attempt to get Zal sent off, but again, Winters wasnt so keen for getting his cards out then.

Hoping Thomson gets a good run in the team, he's been outstanding since coming back in and offers a little something that Eggert will never be able to.

Bit gutted, but there's positives to be taken from the performance.

Sydney Devine

I think this is a very good summary of the game last night. I came home feeling a bit frustrated in that I thought Rangers were there to be taken last night - I thought we should have been right in their faces, especially for a period in the 2nd half, where Rangers seemed content with passing the ball deep in their own half and making lots of mistakes. I thought Craig Thomson had a very good game. Frustrated with Eggert - can win a ball with great tackle or interception to then pass immediately to a Rangers player. The same with Bouzid taking throw ins and passing straight to the foot of a Rangers player.

Finally, what abot the flippin traffic in and out of that shithole!!! Rant over!!

Overall, looking forward to the remaining games before the split - the uglies are now out the way, we now need to put a good run together again. Good times!!

I couldnt get onto kickback for a bit............

............thank god!!!!

what a bunch of moaning, grumpy old gits you lot are (well most of you)

In my opinion we actually didnt play that bad, granted i missed the first few minutes as I was late at getting home so I didnt see their goal but from 9 mins onwards I didnt think Rangers looked that great. We played alot better ALOT better than last week.

You can hardly blame JJ for our poor record at Ibrox, we have not won their since 2004 - so many managers have failed to bring home 3 points

As others have said, I thought Craig Thomson was fantastic tonight, easily MOM

This.

Archived