Craig Burley

FWJ

Rudolf's Mate

Watching ESPN in noisy pub. Sounds like Burley was laying into El Hadj Diouf. Heard something about spitting/ poor attitude.

Sure he wasn't talking about Lennon? :D

Watching ESPN in noisy pub. Sounds like Burley was laying into El Hadj Diouf. Heard something about spitting/ poor attitude.

He certainly doesn't like him, went off on a rant about his spitting etc and said he was not a good signing for Scottish football. Scott Booth was trying to placate him but he was having none of it.

Quite funny actally as he got really wound up.

I haven't seen a presenter rant like that since Richard Gordon got stuck into Miko.

He certainly doesn't like him, went off on a rant about his spitting etc and said he was not a good signing for Scottish football. Scott Booth was trying to placate him but he was having none of it.

I haven't seen a presenter rant like that since Richard Gordon got stuck into Miko.

Good good. Quite like it when you know what presenters really think (good or not) rather than being all diplomatic. In pub in sheepville so looks like we'll all be wanting to see the Tic tumble.

For once I agreed with burley. We have enough headbangers of our own without bringing more up from down south.

Still he's a horrible **** in a team fool of horrible ****s so maybe ibrox is the best place for him.

Scott_HMFC1874

I ******* hate Burley.

I hope for his sake he just says some things to be controversial because heaven help if he actually thinks these things.

(on this occasion he is right though)

Guest Dr. Pepper

He said on Talk Sport today that the sooner he's off our island on a one way ticket the better.

:rofl:

What a line from Burley.

He is spot on as well, Diouf can burn as far as I am concerned.

article-0-01D841400000044D-743_468x352.jpg

For once, I agree with Burley. He was bang on with what he said.

If it pisses him off though then at least some good has come from the signing.

Have to agree with Burley for once. Was pretty funny seeing him getting wound up though. He must've been giving the Celtic take on it, that will no doubt get repeated all over Glasgow and the west come the weekend.

Anyone with a modicum of wit will be able to get this fellow wound up.

Obviously this will happen outwith the old firm games..:rolleyes: ...but it will happen.:)

Sometimes you just have to laugh at how some posters take what commentators say so seriously

Now for the record Burley is not a bad pundit -- generally pretty forthright in his views and again not overly biased towards Celtic despite what some may say.

100% correct re Diouf -- a terrible person in sporting terms and generally portrays the bad side of todays modern footballer

Diouf is an odious individual, and anyone slating him gets my full support. And that will include Neil Lennon, when the two inevitably clash.

Never mind his other actions, spitting on someone is the lowest of the low - and Diouf (like Lionel Messi, amongst many others) deserve all the abuse they get for doing it.

Diouf is an odious individual, and anyone slating him gets my full support. And that will include Neil Lennon, when the two inevitably clash.

Never mind his other actions, spitting on someone is the lowest of the low - and Diouf (like Lionel Messi, amongst many others) deserve all the abuse they get for doing it.

Youre quite right to mention others who have indulged in this nasty habit.Two more who can be added to this particular hall of infamy are Fabregas and Rijkaard.

It seems it doesn't matter how good you are to get involved in this.

Youre quite right to mention others who have indulged in this nasty habit.Two more who can be added to this particular hall of infamy are Fabregas and Rijkaard.

It seems it doesn't matter how good you are to get involved in this.

Or how bad.

I was playing in a fecking 6-a-side game the other week when some local nutcase gobbed in my face from point blank range after less than 2 minutes of play. Utterly disgusting.

Or how bad.

I was playing in a fecking 6-a-side game the other week when some local nutcase gobbed in my face from point blank range after less than 2 minutes of play. Utterly disgusting.

Forgive my intrusion and maybe stereotyping here but was this in Texas?

If so,the local nutters have calmed doon a bit no?:whistling:

Forgive my intrusion and maybe stereotyping here but was this in Texas?

Yes

If so,the local nutters have calmed doon a bit no?:whistling:

I don't know about that.

Or how bad.

What did you do?

What did you do?

To provoke it? Nothing, other than a perfectly firm, but fair, challenge.

In response? Retaliated, causing a bit of a stramash and 10 minute delay to the game. Got a red card, but no ban. The guy was banned for life, and eventually left the building.

Tin hat on, but i actually think he's good to listen to. Says what he thinks and doesn't skirt about the issue.

i agree and he's dead right about that scumbag Diouf.

Might be way off here, but wasn't skacel accused of spitting at Neil Lennon back in 2006?

He was accused of it, yes.

Archived