Too boo or not too boo? (Merged threads)

Dr. Bapswent

Too boo or not too boo?  

552 members have voted

1. 1. If Andy Webster returns would you boo him?

• Yes i'll boo him (insert reason here)
    • No, he is wearing a Hearts shirt
    • Not sure.....

This thread has actually cheered me up. One of my principal worries about Webster coming back was that it would damage the spirit that's around our club just now, in the dressing room and between teh players and fans. the current ggod run has seen a marked decline in the scapegoating of players and the OTT criticism that sometimes happens. I had major concerns that a portion of the support would immediately get on his back if he re-signed and would generate a negative atmosphere. Sounds like that is a very small minority.

Me too.

I don't like Webster for pretty obvious reasons but one of the things that concerned me most when I heard the news was that his mere presence would be a bit poisonous. I could no longer just adore this team unconditionally (most of the time), there would be wee moments when you'd catch yourself then have to rein in a bit of the enthusiasm just because you've remembered he's there too. Meh. People might not boo him too much but there would still be a bit of an odd atmosphere at times and the other players would pick up on it...a bit tense, a bit awkward. I don't want to have to think about it that much, I just want to cheer the lot of them on with wild abandon. :biggrin:

Plus there's the issue of his track record/commitment to/hideous treatment of this club + his salary level...bit of a kick in the teeth to those in our squad who earn less but run themselves into the ground most of the time for Heart of Midlothian Football Club. I don't care what anyone says about that, they're definitely not all money grabbing selfish mercenaries.

I definitely wouldn't boo him, but I might grumble darkly under my breath every once in a while.

Me too.

I don't like Webster for pretty obvious reasons but one of the things that concerned me most when I heard the news was that his mere presence would be a bit poisonous. I could no longer just adore this team unconditionally (most of the time), there would be wee moments when you'd catch yourself then have to rein in a bit of the enthusiasm just because you've remembered he's there too. Meh. People might not boo him too much but there would still be a bit of an odd atmosphere at times and the other players would pick up on it...a bit tense, a bit awkward. I don't want to have to think about it that much, I just want to cheer the lot of them on with wild abandon. :biggrin:

Plus there's the issue of his track record/commitment to/hideous treatment of this club + his salary level...bit of a kick in the teeth to those in our squad who earn less but run themselves into the ground most of the time for Heart of Midlothian Football Club. I don't care what anyone says about that, they're definitely not all money grabbing selfish mercenaries.

I definitely wouldn't boo him, but I might grumble darkly under my breath every once in a while.

Id imagine he's grown up a bit and learnt a lot since then.

I very much doubt his attitude is very different considering his experiences over the last few years.

JamboAberdeen

IF he signs for us again, He won't be booed.

But won't be cheered neither.

What he has done for us will never forgiven nor forgotten.

Id imagine he's grown up a bit and learnt a lot since then.

I very much doubt his attitude is very different considering his experiences over the last few years.

Thing is, to behave like that in the first place you have to have some serious nerve and probably no conscience whatsoever...and to walk back in to the same club just a few years afterwards could only be the work of someone with not one smidgen of shame in his entire body and a very high tolerance for abuse.

He might have fixed his knee but he'll never fix the darkness in his soul.... devil-smiley-029.gif

J Cheever Loophole

Thing is, to behave like that in the first place you have to have some serious nerve and probably no conscience whatsoever...and to walk back in to the same club just a few years afterwards could only be the work of someone with not one smidgen of shame in his entire body and a very high tolerance for abuse.

He might have fixed his knee but he'll never fix the darkness in his soul.... devil-smiley-029.gif

Enter JJ,Hearts mentor and exorcist!!!

The funny thing is that the way I remember it, the people being most vocal about not wanting that slimey ***** back at Hearts are the same people who defended and wanted Mrowiec back...

you've described me above .....and there's nowt funny about it.... :rolleyes:

Romanov was an interfering erse who should have kept to the background and not interfered with team matters, he's not qualified for that. What happened with Webster was between them and Romanov did the same in following years with Goncalves and even this season, with Zaliukas. I'd be very surprised if he did sign for us anyway, Scotland International, 28 years old, he'll get offered better money down South and he knows that. In our own League, he'll not get a better wage anywhere else, Hibs and Dundee Utd are interested so if it was on salary and contract alone, he's have signed for us already.

Utd would probably be favouites to sign him as long as he wasn't being greedy after the season he had there and no bad feelings of the past there either. Hibs? well... if he signed for them then he really has reached rock bottom!

Problem is that if he was pretty gash then you wouldn't want him anywhere near Hearts but he's a good player, even winning Utd's player of the year, Hearts can't afford to let these types of players slip away, especially as Bouzid is working his ticket oot the door anyway.

several off-topic posts removed, please stay on topic.

thanks,

Mod 10.

Hmmm interesting.

Hans von Luck

Even after everything he has done in the past I will not boo a Hearts player representing the club.

Great addition to the team and will make us even stronger.

As long as he's in maroon he'll get my backing don't like what happend think his agent was to blame. We need players to be focused not listening to dogs abuse or we will end up a man down. Just my opinion.

This would be a highly interesting thread to repeat if, and admittedly its a fairly big if, AW scores the winner against Hubz or one of the OF. :ermm: :ermm: :ermm: :ermm: :ermm:

Id love to see the average IQ of those who said yes and those saying no.

Very interesting indeed.

This thread is not interesting, its just a pathetic troll. Which by the mods reaction to it, they would agree.

I will say it one more time for the hard of thinking. WEBSTER IS NOT BIGGER THAN HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN F.C. the vast majority will not boo because Webster does not deserve to effect our team negatively. He hasn't earnt the right for any sort of reaction that effects Heart of Midlothian in a negative way. He has done enough damage. Ignore him.

If he got a career ending injury on his debut, I wouldn't cheer, but I wouldn't shed any tears either.

Johanes de Silentio

WEBSTER IS NOT BIGGER THAN HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN F.C.

Of course, he isn't - no player is - I just can't see how booing the team or individual players can benefit anyone other than our opponents.

Of course, he isn't - no player is - I just can't see how booing the team or individual players can benefit anyone other than our opponents.

Read my post again.

Radioactive Mince

Id love to see the average IQ of those who said yes and those saying no.

Very interesting indeed.

Why would it be interesting if you've already decided whose is higher/lower? Or are you a stickler for accuracy?

FTR, what would be very interesting is if the 'yes' voters are MENSA material, 'on average' of course.

ps - Bapswent: Why do we never have the privilege of reading your posts during (universally accepted - unlike now) happy

times? Also, why do you only have views on fellow members of the JKB community and not any on HMFC? Very strange. :yucky:

Radioactive Mince

I voted 'yes'. I won't really (well, I might if quite a few others around me do) but I will hiss my little heart out. Alas, that option wasn't there. <_<

Hissing-Vampire.jpg

siegementality

Just spoken to Andy Webster and he said all of those that boo him can throw pish at yourselves, or was that me who said that?

Radioactive Mince

Just spoken to Andy Webster and he said all of those that boo him can throw pish at him, or was that me who said that?

Whoever said it doesn't really matter. The important thing is that it's a great idea.

Why would it be interesting if you've already decided whose is higher/lower? Or are you a stickler for accuracy?

FTR, what would be very interesting is if the 'yes' voters are MENSA material, 'on average' of course.

ps - Bapswent: Why do we never have the privilege of reading your posts during (universally accepted - unlike now) happy

times? Also, why do you only have views on fellow members of the JKB community and not any on HMFC? Very strange. :yucky:

Ach, Baps is harmless. He's actually a genuinely good guy in real life, and I like him. He gets off on winding people up on here - but what he doesn't realise is he's not very good at it. :ninja:

Ach, Baps is harmless. He's actually a genuinely good guy in real life, and I like him. He gets off on winding people up on here - but what he doesn't realise is he's not very good at it. :ninja:

syc?o?phant

? [sik-uh-fuhthinsp.pngnt, -fant, sahy-kuh-] ?noun

= a self-seeking, servile flatterer; fawning parasite.

?Synonyms - yes man, flunky, fawner, flatterer.

syc?o?phant

? [sik-uh-fuhthinsp.pngnt, -fant, sahy-kuh-] ?noun

a self-seeking, servile flatterer; fawning parasite.

?Synonyms <br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); line-height: 1.25em; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">toady, yes man, flunky, fawner, flatterer.

:biglaugh:

Not something that you could ever be accused of, Scott. :D

Radioactive Mince

Sorry, Shaun. You may have posted something that made sense there but I can't remove the image of an Oxfordshire chap trying to pull off an 'ach' from my mind.

"Acccccckkkkkkkk!"

:ermm:

Sorry, Shaun. You may have posted something that made sense there but I can't remove the image of an Oxfordshire chap trying to pull off an 'ach' from my mind.

"Acccccckkkkkkkk!"

:ermm:

Jings crivens and help ma boab, you may have a point there my man. More tea vicar? :turned:

Radioactive Mince

FAO: The Shamed 451

Most of you wouldn't let your feelings towards Hundy Plebster be heard at Tynecastle, or any ground for that matter, because THE OVERWHELMING MAJORITY OF YOU DON'T EVEN GO TO GAMES. :verymad: :verymad: :verymad:

Genuine Heart of Midlothian supporters will let the Sneaky Creepster know exactly how we feel. The revisionism we're witnessing here is absolutely ******* sickening :yucky:

People need to get over themselves.

He will make our team better and its not like he is a convicted sex offender or Riorden!

He made a mistake, people do. After a few solid performances all these boo-boys will disappear!

Great signing.

Archived