Too boo or not too boo? (Merged threads)

Dr. Bapswent

Too boo or not too boo?  

552 members have voted

1. 1. If Andy Webster returns would you boo him?

• Yes i'll boo him (insert reason here)
    • No, he is wearing a Hearts shirt
    • Not sure.....

Simple poll on the matter.

Not going into reasons as I'm sure most people have their own.

Just canvassing opinion on whether people think it would be right to boo him or not if he returned and put on a Hearts shirt.

if he signs he'll get my very grudging support and I'm not one of the brigade who likes the cries of 'Judas' etc... got to really let your head rule your heart in these situations - he's a very solid centre half so would do a job for us. he's also a greedy welt but football isn't really about personalities.

Did we really need another poll?

Its a poll on a different topic.

Not surprised you got a wee huff on though.

Chad Sexington

Its a poll on a different topic.

Not surprised you got a wee huff on though.

Hahaha. Oh dear. How tragic. :lol:

No huff from me. I just think it's a bit of irrelavant poll thats all.

You carry on though. B)

Hahaha. Oh dear. How tragic. :lol:

No huff from me. I just think it's a bit of irrelavant poll thats all.

You carry on though. B)

Just ignore it then....

HEARTS FOREVER

Can we boo him when we are getting beat? :ermm:

Webster was a **** and treated Hearts like shite, but Hearts as a club at that particular time were hardly stable and i could understand players wanting to leave.

There was a few!!!

But Webster took it to the extreme!

But if he wants to come back and make amends and play for the Club then imo fans should forgive and forget as he is a good player and would improve our chances this season.

If he ever pulls on a Hearts shirt again I would want a full, grovelling apology from him. I would never boo anyone in a Hearts shirt but he would certainly have alot to do to win my support.

Got more to worry about in life than booing a player who made a prat of himself 5years past.Done and dusted as far as i'm concerned.If he was to have a season like the one at Dundee Untd then he is easily the best cb in the country.Since when did we become so big that we can knock back quality?.

Would never boo a Hearts player. Anyone expecting any form of loyalty in a young football player these days is a bit of a dimwit IMO. Good player, would improve our squad, couldn't give a monkeys about the past.

Francis Albert

Would never boo a Hearts player. But booing Websrter would be more justifiable than booing the Lithuanians was.

To Boo :judas:

or not To Boo :jesus:

That is the question.

---

I never boo Hearts players - why make it easier for the opposition?

Pointless booing one of your own players!

Can understand that people are might pee'd off at him for his antics when he left hearts the last time. But you got to remember that players are human too who make major **** ups from time to time.

He deserves a second chance. As long as he tries and plays well then there nothing to be booing him about.

Johanes de Silentio

It's up to the individual supporter, of course, but can you be a 'supporter' and still boo?

I can't see what good can come from booing one of our own players, but that's just me.

Good thread - it's an obvious question that needs to be asked, imo. :thumbsup:

Not that I think Webster will sign for us - he'd have to square things with Vlad - cannae see that happening! :rolleyes:

I wouldn't boo him.

I would (and do) hate him, mind.

If he scored I'd celebrate, but you'd never catch me singing his name.

If I saw him in the street I'd ignore him...whereas if I saw Bouzid in the street I'd probably say hi. That wouldn't do much to him but I doubt he could ever earn my respect back.

I utterly despise Webster. Things I wish upon him are not for this family website.

IF he signs however, I won't boo him.

It's better to be booed than ignored.

suzie_preston

Was a decent player when with us, but went downhill rapidly, which is what he deserved.

Why should he even get a place in the team? No second chances in my world, get it right first time, he wasn't that young a laddie he didn't know what he was doing.

If he's such a great player how come nobody else is interested in him for free?

What's he done to further or better his football career since leaving us?

Give the lad a chance. He's a quality player who'll improve our chances in any game.

All these "superfans" would soon pipe down if he scored the winner at easter road later in the season.

Although for different reasons. Its the same folk who'd boo mrowiec last year but now adore

The same with Zal, who used to be the scapegoat. The fans who called the likes of Kingston, Goncalves and Pinilla sh+te. When they clearly have quality. Grumpy old superfans.

All this bygones be bygones chat will soon evaporate if he doesnae sign. Apart from IJ that is! A spade's a spade eh IJ!? :D

Give the lad a chance. He's a quality player who'll improve our chances in any game.

All these "superfans" would soon pipe down if he scored the winner at easter road later in the season.

Although for different reasons. Its the same folk who'd boo mrowiec last year but now adore

The same with Zal, who used to be the scapegoat. The fans who called the likes of Kingston, Goncalves and Pinilla sh+te. When they clearly have quality. Grumpy old superfans.

The funny thing is that the way I remember it, the people being most vocal about not wanting that slimey ***** back at Hearts are the same people who defended and wanted Mrowiec back...

I wouldn't boo him IF he did join us. However i won't b clapping when is name is mentioned either!! Can't remember a player that has caused such a split reaction of the fans!! Even when we were rumoured to be getting from rearend from the tic.

This thread has actually cheered me up. One of my principal worries about Webster coming back was that it would damage the spirit that's around our club just now, in the dressing room and between teh players and fans. the current ggod run has seen a marked decline in the scapegoating of players and the OTT criticism that sometimes happens. I had major concerns that a portion of the support would immediately get on his back if he re-signed and would generate a negative atmosphere. Sounds like that is a very small minority.

I wouldn't boo him IF he did join us. However i won't b clapping when is name is mentioned either!! Can't remember a player that has caused such a split reaction of the fans!! Even when we were rumoured to be getting from rearend from the tic.

How about the Robbie Neilson good or bad question :whistling:

The funny thing is that the way I remember it, the people being most vocal about not wanting that slimey ***** back at Hearts are the same people who defended and wanted Mrowiec back...

Indeed Boomstick.......true fans if you will :D

Load of rubbish, half of the "true fans" used to give terrible mrowiec chat. He's crap, vlad signing, get him out, can't even say his name.

And now they have put him higher than Le Luge who they've decided was not so good.

Load of rubbish, half of the "true fans" used to give terrible mrowiec chat. He's crap, vlad signing, get him out, can't even say his name.

And now they have put him higher than Le Luge who they've decided was not so good.

I think you need to check your facts :thumbsup:

Hate him. Always will. Dont want him anywhere near this club.

If he does end up back here, I wont boo him. I will still hate him.

Hope that clarifies things.

Was Robbie a judas?

My (tongue in cheek) comment was about a player splitting teh fans reactions so much. Nothing to do with him being a Judas.

My (tongue in cheek) comment was about a player splitting teh fans reactions so much. Nothing to do with him being a Judas.

Ok should have been more clearer in my statement there. Meant can't remember a player that was potentally signing for us spliting the fans as much, even ratboy! Bearing in mind as I write this Webs isn't a hearts player (yet :whistling: ) Hope that clarifys that! :rolleyes:

P.S. Not wrong with a bit of tongue in cheek on here. For what it's worth don't even think Robbie Neilson has as much as Webster possibly returning to HMFC :thumbsup: . Oh & if there is any spelling mistakes then don't care! B)

Did we really need another poll?

Not sure, lets put it to a vote teehee.gif

Ha ha very good. :thumbsup:

But deffo no on the booing thing.

I wouldn't normally boo one of our own players but I think an exception would be made in his case . Don't honestly think I could just forget how he shat on our Club , suppose we should all look forward (if he signs) and get on with it but not sure if I could . I don't think the mad one will forget either :ninja:

Hearts supporters can boo Webster if they so choose but they wouldn't be helping the team.

... that's IF he signs.

Definitely thought it would be more than 3% of the support who would be in favour of giving Webster a hard time if he returned.

Definitely thought it would be more than 3% of the support who would be in favour of giving Webster a hard time if he returned.

Maybe the more militant supporters are still working and votes might change later on , or it might just be too early for alcohol to be a factor :lol:

Corresponds roughly to the percentage of Hearts fans who buy their combat trousers at the Gyle, I would think.

Francis Albert

... over 10% are sayiing they might. Given the impact of a much smaller proportion booing the pope's silence, enough to make themselves heard!

Stupid Sexy Flanders

As much as I despise Hundy, I don't know if I'd boo a Hearts player during a game. I'd probably just be quiet when his name was read out.

... over 10% are sayiing they might. Given the impact of a much smaller proportion booing the pope's silence, enough to make themselves heard!

10 fans will boo him. Far more than 10 booed the pope.

Francis Albert

10 fans will boo him. Far more than 10 booed the pope.

I was going by the poll. Even if you just count the "definites" and none of the "don't knows" its still a higher proportion than booed the pope.

I voted yes, but reckon i'd feel differently at the match.

I'd give him the chance to give us 110% to make up for his piss poor behaviour first time around, if he didn't do that, then i'd boo him.

Archived