SERVICE INTERRUPTION

Ulysses

The forum is extremely busy at the moment and server load is exceptionally high.

Guest viewing has been disabled temporarily, and it may be necessary to block access to groups of registered users for periods of time from now until 1 am in order to ensure service continuity for subscribed members.

Apologies in advance for any inconvenience.

Ulysses

Administrator

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it should be subscribed members only Uly my good man :verysmug: This is what I pay my fiver for.

This

I think it should be subscribed members only Uly my good man :verysmug: This is what I pay my fiver for.

This.

The People's Chimp

The man has a point.

Uly how come it's always you who gets left to man the ship when this place goes into meltdown?

and tell the scaffs to eff off, the Upper Class amongst us could do without the interruption during these troubling times :ninja:

Carl Fredrickson

Well said that man :thumbsup:

Agreed, Over an hour I've been shut out. Too many new registrations and then after the excitement is over their never to be seen again. Subscribed members only it should be

I had no problem sitting out the busy times on the old server as I wasn't subscribed. Pretty disappointed that now that I am subscribed I don't get priority over non-paying punters.

I will accept my fiver refund via paypal, check or cash. :verysmug:

What im getting annoyed about, is im looking through threads and non subscribed members have been posting while I and probably many others couldnt get back on here, as the times beside posts are when i was getting the server error message. Thats what is more annoying :verymad:

I will accept my fiver refund via paypal, check or cash. :verysmug:

I'd like mine in a crisp RBS ?5 note, popped in a Thank You card and posted out recorded delivery. Preferably with a grovelling Webster-esque apology for the error message that blamed my IP. :thumbsup:

Sterling Archer

I'd like mine in a crisp RBS ?5 note, popped in a Thank You card and posted out recorded delivery. Preferably with a grovelling Webster-esque apology for the error message that blamed my IP. :thumbsup:

This, although I'm less fussy about the crispness of the note.

Sterling Archer

Thought servers were upgraded or something so this wouldn't happen again.

Poor show :down:

Luckily somewhere took us in during our time of need.

Johanes de Silentio

After trying unsuccessfully to access kickback earlier, I thought "aye - something's up!"

So I had a wee look at Pie and Bovril, only to find a massive thread called 'Webster to sign for Hearts" - it all adds up. :thumbsup:

Luckily somewhere took us in during our time of need.

Yeah the place that we all slate big time on here, Ironic or what? :lol:

Update

We had planned for a difficult night, and our way of managing this was to withdraw service from guests first and then different groups of registered users.

Unfortunately, the sheer pace at which people logged on to the board following the Webster rumours was faster than our efforts to limit access to registered users, and we went from having 2,000 online to over 4,000 in the space of a few minutes.

Normally, blocking access to registered users and restarting the server will deal with this kind of problem in under 10 minutes, but regrettably when we restarted there was an error in the database, which took further time to investigate and repair. Service has been resumed, and as of now guests and registered users have restricted access. It is anticipated that access for registered users will be restored in the next 45 minutes. Guest access will remain restricted until at least 6:30 am.

Members will recall that we had a significant upgrade in February 2010. However, the volume of traffic tonight was the largest ever encountered on the forum, and to give a sense of how large, we had more than twice the number of people online this evening as we had at the time of the Jim Jefferies signing. We have a further upgrade planned and we're discussing the timing with our server hosts. It is likely to take place over the next 4-5 days.

Please also note that our server hosts have advised us that there will be temporary interruptions to service - not just for us, but for all their customers - on Tuesday afternoon between 2:30 pm and 5:30 pm. This can't be avoided, and is because the server hosts are carrying out network upgrades.

We do apologise to everyone affected by the downtime on this night of heightened interest. Speaking personally, I did my best to manage a very difficult situation and prevent the loss of service, and I regret that this wasn't successful.

Ulysses

Administrator

It is anticipated that access for registered users will be restored in the next 45 minutes. Guest access will remain restricted until at least 6:30 am.

Access for registered users was restored about 15-20 minutes ago. Guest access will be reviewed in the morning.

Please also note that our server hosts have advised us that there will be temporary interruptions to service - not just for us, but for all their customers - on Tuesday afternoon between 2:30 pm and 5:30 pm. This can't be avoided, and is because the server hosts are carrying out network upgrades.

Oops, I misread the time on the note from our server hosts. :unsure:

There will be temporary interruptions to service on Wednesday morning between 2:30 am and 5:30 am.

Normally, blocking access to registered users and restarting the server will deal with this kind of problem in under 10 minutes, but regrettably when we restarted there was an error in the database, which took further time to investigate and repair.

"Error In The Database" was the message I got when trying to log-on last night. No big deal, I went to bed and it looks like nobody died and nothing happened.

Rudolf's Mate

One is not pleased! Gone 12 by the time I could get on and my subs had run out last year therefore made sure I was paid for this year!!!

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Which one of the Admin team is going to fall on his/her sword at this scandalous debacle ??

HEARTS FOREVER

Same old same old

Any big news and JKB is down the toilet.

Had to go over to Hibs.net to find out any transfer activity on Hearts.

Wouldnt want to see a 'Hearts class' 'Hibs class' thread when it comes to our respective fans forums. :ninja:

Drylaw Hearts

Same old same old

Wouldnt want to see a 'Hearts class' 'Hibs class' thread when it comes to our respective fans forums. :ninja:

Ouch.

:lol:

Same old same old

It's safe to say that Hibs have around 50,000 registered users. It's just that hardly any of them ever actually log in :whistling:

HEARTS FOREVER

It's safe to say that Hibs have around 50,000 registered users. It's just that hardly any of them ever actually log in :whistling:

Yeh the same guys who were all at a certain game on Jan 1st 1973 :lol:

Still irks me that Hibs.net copes better than JKB in times of speculation. :down:

Nucky Thompson

Still irks me that Hibs.net copes better than JKB in times of speculation. :down:

Have you paid your subscription? IMO the board should have only been open to paid members last night and then the board might not have crashed <_<

HEARTS FOREVER

Have you paid your subscription? IMO the board should have only been open to paid members last night and then the board might not have crashed <_<

Do Hibs.net have more paid members than jkb?

Dont think so!!

Did Hibs.net crash?

Think about it :geek:

Archived