Remember this time 5 years ago?

Rudi Skacel

And how nearly everyone here wanked themselves silly about two players who they never seen play before (Beslija and Makela) and soon wished they hadn't!

I am still of the belief that had Makela or Beslija been given a run in the squad they'd have done a job. In fact Makela has been top scorer in the Finnish league for the past 2 to 3 seasons.

When we signed 6 players on the last day of the window.

That was just mental.

Even crazier when you think the total in's for that January was 11 players in total?????

I am still of the belief that had Makela or Beslija been given a run in the squad they'd have done a job. In fact Makela has been top scorer in the Finnish league for the past 2 to 3 seasons.

That says more about the quality of the Finnish league than the quality of Makela IMO. I'm hoping we never again sign a player who traps a ball further than I can kick one.

I am of the belief that you couldn't be more wrong.

Yes, it now reminds me of that episode of Lost when the islanders make contact with those nice people on the freighter.

That says more about the quality of the Finnish league than the quality of Makela IMO. I'm hoping we never again sign a player who traps a ball further than I can kick one.

That depends on how far you can kick a ball :ninja:

Drylaw Hearts

I remember thinking that this was a truly incredible day/month for the club. I thought it was a huge statement to the rest of Scottish football and that VR really meant business.

Signing 11 players during that TW turned out to be one of the worst things we've ever done.

RixGalplayers.jpg

This was back in the day when we thought the only problem would be fitting everyone on the open top bus when we paraded the league trophy.

Beslija and Makela would probably both have done a job for Hearts.

Another case of players judged by the Hearts superfans/superposters on here!

JUHO JUHO JUHO

Drylaw Hearts

Beslija and Makela would probably both have done a job for Hearts.

Another case of players judged by the Hearts superfans/superposters on here!

JUHO JUHO JUHO

If you are allowed to make a judgement on these players then I see no reason why these Hearts superfans/superposters shouldn't also be allowed to judge.

Archived