Novi To Saints!

Magic Numbers

What's the problem? This will only benefit hearts! With driver, suso, temps and rudi all available for the wings he wouldn't get much game time. At stj he will be playing football regularly and learning and gaining experience. Rather than playing in a hand full of bounce games. It's a good thing imo. And good luck to novi!

Good attitude from the lad, although from what I've seen of him and Saints, I'm not sure how much first-team game time he's actually going to get?

Good luck to him anyway!

Good attitude from the lad, although from what I've seen of him and Saints, I'm not sure how much first-team game time he's actually going to get?

Good luck to him anyway!

Saints do try to bring on young players, however, they have brought in Steve May from the U19s to play left wing so not sure how they will fit in Novi.

Saints do try to bring on young players, however, they have brought in Steve May from the U19s to play left wing so not sure how they will fit in Novi.

Yep. They're not going to go down and they're not playing too badly judging by their last half dozen or so results. They have their own youth system. I'm not sure why they think they need Novikovas or why they would want to help develop one of our youngsters rather than one of their own. Unless there's more to it than just a simple four-month loan...?

Yep. They're not going to go down and they're not playing too badly judging by their last half dozen or so results. They have their own youth system. I'm not sure why they think they need Novikovas or why they would want to help develop one of our youngsters rather than one of their own. Unless there's more to it than just a simple four-month loan...?

I agree about their youth system - one of my lads is in it - very good at giving lads a chance at older age groups. I suspect that McInnes wants to use 19 yr old May sparingly and bringing him on after 40 min against Hearts was probably a tad early in the game. I suspect that Novi/May will share the left wing duties.

Indeed.

Hope he scores a few own goals tonight :whistling:

St Johnstone 2 (Novi x 2)

Hamilton 3

Hibs bottom.

Steve May? He's shite.

I suspect that McInnes wants to use 19 yr old May sparingly and bringing him on after 40 min against Hearts was probably a tad early in the game. I suspect that Novi/May will share the left wing duties.

May and Novi both start, May plays up front and scores twice. Kickback punditry up to its usual high standard here. :lol:

May and Novi both start, May plays up front and scores twice. Kickback punditry up to its usual high standard here. :lol:

Novi subbed after 46mins too... :unsure:

May got 'in about us' when he came on at the weekend, and was involved in a lot of St. Johnstone's play.

Exactly the attitude you want from a 19 year old.

I thought he did well.

Chad Sexington

May got 'in about us' when he came on at the weekend, and was involved in a lot of St. Johnstone's play.

I thought he did well.

I thought he did well.

He was very good at diving too.

Novi replaced by Maybury at HT. Clearly McInnes knows more than we do.

The Treasurer

Kickback punditry up to its usual high standard here. :lol:

A few folk trying to put themselves forward for the Sky Sports vacancies laugh.gif

It's Hibs v St Johnstone, final game of the season. Results elsewhere mean Hibs must win if they are to avoid the ignominy of relegation. They take an undeserved 1-0 lead, and hang on for the rest of the game, with new manager Jimmy Calderwood - who replaced his namesake a couple of months earlier - doing his nut on the touchline and somehow turning even more orange than usual. But deep into injury time, the visitors break away with a sweeping move. And what's this? Novikovas is alone in space! He's bearing down on the 'keeper! It's up for grabs now...

What happened next?

It's Hibs v St Johnstone, final game of the season. Results elsewhere mean Hibs must win if they are to avoid the ignominy of relegation. They take an undeserved 1-0 lead, and hang on for the rest of the game... but deep into injury time, the visitors break away with a sweeping move. And what's this? Novikovas is alone in space! He's bearing down on the 'keeper! It's up for grabs now...

What happened next?

cheeky wee chip over (insert name of one of Hibs goalkeepers). Novi wheels off to celebrate and chucks his football boot into the Hibs crowd, caning some bald fat greeting grown man.

He goes down in Hearts folklore forever more.

Petrie and Farmer issue Hibs winding up order as they can't be france'd with the soulless business anymore.

Novi replaced by Maybury at HT. Clearly McInnes knows more than we do.

Guy I sit opposite at work goes to all the St Johnstone games home and away despite living in Edinburgh.

Unlike me, he had been impressed by Novikovas when he played against them in the Cup game. Personally, I would have hooked him after forty minutes in that game - he gave the ball away every time, took the wrong option and his head was down.

Anyway - he text me at half time last night to say that the wee man had been absolutely rubbish and was getting replaced.

I think Novikovas looks like Temps did 18 months ago - he needs to bulk up, look up more often and learn when to dribble and when to pass. Hopefully Jim and Billy can do the same for him as they did for Temps.

Commander Harris

Stevie May wasn't very good against us, he was having a hard time containing our right hand side while not getting much joy going forward against CT. He is a good player though, one to watch imo. Will end up at a good team.

I thought he did well.

I thought she was well tidy.

Archived