Are Hibs finances really that Great?

Mad Dog Frazer

Mad Dog Frazer

weve all heard their the supposed best run club in Scotland but are their finances really that great??

ive heard varying stories from they dont actually own their stadium to they operate at a 2 million loss each year??

Please Discuss

Johanes de Silentio

weve all heard their the supposed best run club in Scotland but are their finances really that great??

ive heard varying stories from they dont actually own their stadium to they operate at a 2 million loss each year??

Please Discuss

Things cannae be good for them if they're letting players go at such a crucial time.

I do wonder whether something's up. :whistling:

Letting all the higher earners go. Letting contracts run down. Bringing in loans

Somethings up. Hibbees I know reckon they might be looking to create a clean slaste so they can sell up.

winston churchill

Letting all the higher earners go. Letting contracts run down. Bringing in loans

Somethings up. Hibbees I know reckon they might be looking to create a clean slaste so they can sell up.

the tyre boy wullnae sell us doon thu river.

they yams will be oot the box soon. flats,flats,glorious flats :lol:

Hibs finances will be shown up if they can't produce a player to punt on for ?2m + like they have for the last few seasons.

Their crowds are down and they have nobody worth a transfer fee of any note.

Hibs will make a hefty loss in their next years accounts.

Paulie Walnut

Please Discuss

You are correct on both points, they balanced the last accounts with sell on % fees.

Well they spent quite some money on their new stand, with the assumption that it would be filled, resulting in higher gate receipts. We can safely assume thats not gonna happen :thumbsup:

And they assumed they would be competing in European football regularly, which also won't happen! :rolleyes:

So big losses I think

The 'Stands' are Mortgaged, so they dont own them yet!!:sweat:

Well they spent quite some money on their new stand, with the assumption that it would be filled, resulting in higher gate receipts. We can safely assume thats not gonna happen :thumbsup:

And they assumed they would be competing in European football regularly, which also won't happen! :rolleyes:

So big losses I think

InNothingWeTrust

Any chance of a Hibs super-thread, similar to the Chelsea equivalent?

Seven threads involving Hibs on the front page of the Terrace, with a lot more posts involving Hibs. We get it. They're shit. I remember not so long ago when folk on here were commenting on how obsessed they were with us. It's much the opposite now. I know they are our rivals, but this obsession has gone too far.

To save me some time replying;

Why do you open the threads and/or post on them?

To post this rant. :thumbsup:

Not really that fussed either way tbh.

Kinda agree. However, if they went out of business, I would be delighted.

As for what I think the state of their finances. I think it is worse than the club let on but better than some Hearts fans say it is. One thing for certain, they have no saleable assets (something that has propped up their income for a few years now) and they look odds on for relegation. Their finances are not likely to get any better in the forseeable future.

Miller Jambo 60

Please Discuss

They aint got a team either, going down quicker than the titanic.

Hibs will never progress as long as Farmer is the owner, he clearly stated when he took them over it was purely as a community service.

WorldChampions1902

Hibs will never progress as long as Farmer is the owner, he clearly stated when he took them over it was purely as a community service.

Hobbits and 'Community Service' go hand-in-hand.

The stadium does not actually belong to Hibernian fc. When farmer took over he moved the stadium over to hibs holdings.

Iv always said farmer was there get out of jail card. Any successful business man like himself will have a group of advisors and I think the time has come where these people are telling him that he can no longer go on pumping money into them. Hibs have always had there sugar daddy there to bail them out and it might b that he has had it with them

My understanding(and I am sure the Hibernian accountant expert(s) will put me right if I am wrong) is this. Hibernian FC are not a seperate company but an arm of Hibernian holdings ltd which is majority owned by Sir Tom Farmer and which Mr Rod Petrie has a sizeable stake in too. Sir Tom Farmer does not pump money into Hibs football club willy nilly. He loans money to them and he charges interest on those loans at a rate of approx 6%.

Furthermore Sir Tom Farmer has no interest in football "he finds it boring" his own words as said directly to myself. He prefers the sport of Rugby Union.

Sir Tom Farmer is a cannae man with his bawbees. He has a Senior railcard which he uses frequently when travelling by train. This allows hims to get a 1/3rd discount on all rail travel anywhere in the UK. He is also partial to a burger and a mug of coffee/tea at Wannaburger in the West End.

Yes he is actively seeking to sell Hibs. He wont sell to just anyone.

Hibs football club are in debt. There are no clubs in the SPL who are not.

John

John

The stadium does not actually belong to Hibernian fc. When farmer took over he moved the stadium over to hibs holdings.

Iv always said farmer was there get out of jail card. Any successful business man like himself will have a group of advisors and I think the time has come where these people are telling him that he can no longer go on pumping money into them. Hibs have always had there sugar daddy there to bail them out and it might b that he has had it with them

STF has never pumped money into them, he has saved them, but on doing so he ensured his inc=vestment was secured, notice now that there is no land to sell off now and the conveyor belt of multi million players has dried up that they are in the shite

Any chance of a Hibs super-thread, similar to the Chelsea equivalent?

The problem with that is the words Hibs and Super don't really belong in the same sentence. :whistling:

My understanding(and I am sure the Hibernian accountant expert(s) will put me right if I am wrong) is this. Hibernian FC are not a seperate company but an arm of Hibernian holdings ltd which is majority owned by Sir Tom Farmer and which Mr Rod Petrie has a sizeable stake in too. Sir Tom Farmer does not pump money into Hibs football club willy nilly. He loans money to them and he charges interest on those loans at a rate of approx 6%.

Furthermore Sir Tom Farmer has no interest in football "he finds it boring" his own words as said directly to myself. He prefers the sport of Rugby Union.

Sir Tom Farmer is a cannae man with his bawbees. He has a Senior railcard which he uses frequently when travelling by train. This allows hims to get a 1/3rd discount on all rail travel anywhere in the UK. He is also partial to a burger and a mug of coffee/tea at Wannaburger in the West End.

John

John

WE KNOW!:thumbsup:

John

John

Archived