Spurs have 38.5 million bid for Aguero turned down...

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

Unbelievable scenes Jeff!!!!

Gabrielle Marcotti saying on talksport that Atletico will accept a higher bid as they plan to offer Liverpool 40 million + Forlan for Torres!!!

Whats the betting Torres or Aguero end up in Manchester by 11pm tomorrow............ ;)

This transfer window has been superb! Would love to see this deal go through, not a spurs fan, just would like to be able to watch as many quality players as possible in the EPL. Tottenham get him though and they are real title contenders, perhaps not this year but certainly next. Aguero has a release clause in his contract for the amount rejected though, anyone want to enlighten me but surely they have to accept any bid which hits that amount?

LOVE a transfer deadline. Here come the panic buys!!!!! Ludicrous amount of money for Tottingham to think about spending.

Rudolf's Mate

Spot on. They can turn down said bid but if the player is interested then je can invoke the clause!

Reading between the lines but if the figure is met then you'd expect the club to consult the player. if the club are knocking it back you'd think the player was also.

This would be a great signing for spurs, they're really showing some metal by not selling Bale despite the big offer. The signing of Van Der Vaart aswell. Really turning into a big team with a bright future.

Hope Ol Arry leaves Spurs like he leaves every other club.

Absolutely fecked.

With transfers like this then it look likely.

:thumbsup:

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Also had bids turned down for Fernando Llorente, Alvaro Negredo and Giuseppe Rossi in the last few days. Unbelievable.

This would be a great signing for spurs, they're really showing some metal by not selling Bale despite the big offer.

What offer?

Heard Balague on skysports last night & seemed to say that Aguero deal would be worth nearer ?60 million because of the taxes & stuff involved with the release clause. Also heard on skysports that Aguero is on ?225k aweek net @ Atl Madrid so isn't interested in leaving

Herd Balague on skysports last night & seemed to say that Aguero deal would be worth nearer ?60 million because of the taxes & stuff involved with the release clause. Also heard on skysports that Aguero is on ?225k aweek net @ Atl Madrid so isn't interested in leaving

Where did Spurs get ?40m for one player? Was the champions league worth that much for them??

I think this is a huge gamble to try and reach the champions league two years running for fear of dropping back into the 'also-rans' if they don't. At present they are clearly the 5th best team in the country and will have to do something to change that. The problem is trying to unearth a bargain will likelier fail than succeed; the only way to guarantee top class is to spend the money. That's what this is.

Spurs also operate on a yearly profit of around ?10 million but that's not taking into account the Champions League money they will receive. They have no debt to pay (unlike Man United and Arsenal) and have spent around ?20 million already this season, but I'd guess at that figure being around the sum they can spend in a normal season. I doubt they'd add too much in the summer if they spend this kind of cash now so I think the money for the Aguerro deal is the future profits from this season and the money set available or next year's transfers. Then, in turn, if Spurs qualify again for the Champions League they've have another ?10-15 million to buy a player or two. If not they will be operating in the red for a year, which is something that Daniel Levy would not stand for as he prides himself on running a tight ship at Spurs. Therefore if this deal (or a similar one) goes ahead and Spurs don't make the Champions League then expect Bale or Van der Vaart to go in the summer.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Hope Ol Arry leaves Spurs like he leaves every other club.

Absolutely fecked.

With transfers like this then it look likely.

:thumbsup:

Let's hope so.

Tom Bower outed what Droopy was like in Broken Dreams. Yet he still is a loveable rogue in the eyes of the English media.

Rudolf's Mate

Let's hope so.

Tom Bower outed what Droopy was like in Broken Dreams. Yet he still is a loveable rogue in the eyes of the English media.

Ok so there's been somewhat of a trail of destruction places he's left but the bottom line is you can only spend what the chairman/board will let you.

Spurs are a big club and have actually spent big money before Harry with virtually nothing to show. They are having a fantastic season and are only 3 points behind 4th placed Chelsea and 8 behind City with a game in hand. They seem to be doing well off the park so either they accept the position they're in or aim higher. Personally I think they are doing the rIght thing however only if they get inthe right players.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Ok so there's been somewhat of a trail of destruction places he's left but the bottom line is you can only spend what the chairman/board will let you.

Spurs are a big club and have actually spent big money before Harry with virtually nothing to show. They are having a fantastic season and are only 3 points behind 4th placed Chelsea and 8 behind City with a game in hand. They seem to be doing well off the park so either they accept the position they're in or aim higher. Personally I think they are doing the rIght thing however only if they get inthe right players.

Yes, he gets judged ON the park, however his behaviour OFF the park has been shady to say the least.

Templeton'sUnderpants

This transfer window has been superb! Would love to see this deal go through, not a spurs fan, just would like to be able to watch as many quality players as possible in the EPL. Tottenham get him though and they are real title contenders, perhaps not this year but certainly next. Aguero has a release clause in his contract for the amount rejected though, anyone want to enlighten me but surely they have to accept any bid which hits that amount?

It was my understanding that the release clause was 60 million euros, so around 50 million squid off the top of my head. Don't think atletico would take less than that considering they paid 20 mil for him at 18

Also as far as I'm aware they recently turned down 39 for him from real.

funktasticlad

Spurs have always had cash to burn. Look at the players they've signed in the last three or four years. Bale cost them close to 10 Million when he was 17 years old, Kaboul around 8 million, Hutton around 10 million, Defoe 7 million, Pavlyuchenko 14 million, Modric 16 million, Bentley 15 million i could go on but you get the idea. This doesnt surprise me in the slightest, they've a massive following have turned heads in the champions league this season and are able to attract players over the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal (Steven Pienaar). A player like Aguero much like Tevez at man city could be the catalyst for them to move up to the next level and i can see where they are coming from trying to sign a player of his ilk. I for one would be all for it, a more competitive spurs team would make the prem an even more exciting league than it already is and thats saying something considering how open the title race has been up to now. Just think this time next season there could be man u, city, liverpool if they sort out there squad by then, arsenal, chelski and spurs all battling it out for the prem! Sounds good to me

Geoff Kilpatrick

Spurs have always had cash to burn. Look at the players they've signed in the last three or four years. Bale cost them close to 10 Million when he was 17 years old, Kaboul around 8 million, Hutton around 10 million, Defoe 7 million, Pavlyuchenko 14 million, Modric 16 million, Bentley 15 million i could go on but you get the idea. This doesnt surprise me in the slightest, they've a massive following have turned heads in the champions league this season and are able to attract players over the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal (Steven Pienaar). A player like Aguero much like Tevez at man city could be the catalyst for them to move up to the next level and i can see where they are coming from trying to sign a player of his ilk. I for one would be all for it, a more competitive spurs team would make the prem an even more exciting league than it already is and thats saying something considering how open the title race has been up to now. Just think this time next season there could be man u, city, liverpool if they sort out there squad by then, arsenal, chelski and spurs all battling it out for the prem! Sounds good to me

The deal will be much more expensive than the fee though. With the 50% tax rate and the pound's devaluation, it's a lot more expensive to bring players from Europe to England, especially since they have favourable tax treatment in Spain.

Archived