Would You Be Happy To See Another SPL Team Split Or Better The OF?

Dagger Is Back

Suppose there are certain parameters. I don`t mind seeing the Raiths or other small clubs in the country winning a cup...but whenever do they?

As for the title, which is the main point, theres no way in this world i`d like to see a club other than Hearts be the team to stop the OF dominance.(see BB`s post, good point made imo.)

We can cry all day about the boredom of the OF winning all the time or pray for variety in the winners but that won`t change anything, its about being good enough and making it happen for real.

In fact, one of the reasons i always get a bit overly upset at our early cup exits is the the thought it leaves a chance for Dundee Utd, Motherwell or other non-OF teams of their like when we should be making a far better fist of cup performances and getting to more finals.

If we're not good enough to win competitions, I'm more than happy to see other teams outside the OF and Hibs do it. It's interesting that the era of the New Firm dominance didn't actually do us much harm at all. When it began, we were down amongst the dead men and in no position to mount a challenge anyway. By the time it had reached its zenith, the OF had been pulverised to such an extent that they managed only one victory in nine attempts against us in the season when we were seven minutes away from the league title and another seven days away from what surely would have been a double. Real competition is healthy.

Scottish football is small and fairly straightforward for me. There are three clubs I never want to see win anything, all of them horrible institutions, two more so than the other. When push (rarely) comes to shove amongst those three, I want Hibs to lose unless a victory for them would be beneficial for us. All the others are, to a greater or lesser extent, the Good Guys* - like us, trying to keep their heads above water in the Stalinist tedium of Europe's most stultifying and imbalanced league set-up. I've never quite understood the posturing and faux-hatred (you have to hope it's faux) that accompanies threads about clubs like Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Motherwell - people wanting them to go out of business, FFS. I'm quite capable of loving my own club without having to pretend that I hate all the others.

There's a bigger picture here.

* I exclude St Liedown, for obvious and specific reasons.

Guest Dr. Pepper

Grim reading, the limp wristed Hibs loving Hearts 'fans' strike again. Some would call you a poisonous minority, I dont think those words are strong enough!!!!!!!

Those that would be happy with Hibs, our rivals remember, coming 2nd/winning the league need their heads examined.

No real Hearts fan would be happy with Hibs finishing 2nd.

No real Hearts fan would be happy with Hibs winning the league.

No real football fan would ever want their biggest rivals to achieve anything, even if it was at the expense of the old firm.

Try and imagine the state of the world if the tramps were to ever succeed at anything :vrface:

No other team in Scotland should be in a position to split the old firm. Outside of Rangers and Celtic we are the only worthwhile fitbaw club in the country. So for me, no chance, because it would mean a 4th place finish at best which is embarrassing in such a shite league.

:muggy:

Seems to many people are anti OF rather pro hearts. Why would I want anyone else to be successful or be happy that some other team had a great season. blink.gif

I know.

Some posters would be "pleased" if we finished further down the league, some say they would "love it". Astonishing words.

"I don't mind finishing sixth as long as Inverness, Kilmarnock and Dundee United all finished above R@ng*rs.":down:

Seems to many people are anti OF rather pro hearts. Why would I want anyone else to be successful or be happy that some other team had a great season. blink.gif

Don't know how you reach that conclusion. The question put in the OP was quite specifically:

With the exception of that lot down the road, would you like to see another SPL team in our position if we couldn't be there?

Meaning if Hearts weren't good enough/were having a bad season. Nothing to do with people not being pro-Hearts.

Seems to me that people who would rather the OF continued to win everything if there is no realistic challenge from Hearts have no right to complain about the continued dominance of the OF. Maybe they're happy with it.

Don't know how you reach that conclusion. The question put in the OP was quite specifically:

Meaning if Hearts weren't good enough/were having a bad season. Nothing to do with people not being pro-Hearts.

Seems to me that people who would rather the OF continued to win everything if there is no realistic challenge from Hearts have no right to complain about the continued dominance of the OF. Maybe they're happy with it.

Your missing the point. If hearts are not involved and hibs are out the equation then who gives a **** where everyone else finishes ?

Your missing the point. If hearts are not involved and hibs are out the equation then who gives a **** where everyone else finishes ?

If you didn't give a ****, why did you involve yourself in a thread which is asking the question: would you rather the OF or someone else won the league if we couldn't do it?

No. Unless both the OF were behind us when it happened.

I don't ever want ANYONE finishing above us so why would I be happy at seeing another team be successful.

If you didn't give a ****, why did you involve yourself in a thread which is asking the question: would you rather the OF or someone else won the league if we couldn't do it?

Because I was baffled as to why a hearts fan would want another team to win the league and to be honest you have done nothing to help with my predicament.

Because I was baffled as to why a hearts fan would want another team to win the league and to be honest you have done nothing to help with my predicament.

:(

The thread's not really about Hearts at all. We take it as a given that we all want Hearts to win everything. Unfortunately, we frequently don't.

:)

For me the thread is posing a fairly basic question: would we like someone else (other than Hibs) to stick it to the OF in seasons when we're not good enough to, or are we happy with the status quo. And to me, there's only one answer.

Archived