Darren Barr

Lee Ham

Patrick Bateman

I'd like to see Barr be given another chance at some stage. Fair enough, he's not had the greatest start here, but I have a feeling he'll come good once he settles. Remember: Ian Black :thumbsup:

I think he has not been up to the standard.... end of

I think he's struggled to get used to being in a new team. I think he'll be Zal's partner at the back next season.

Cardiac Rucksack

:what:

please no thanks.

Bouzid is awful and won tbe here next year. Perfect time to bed in Barr next to Zal for next season.

I'd like to see Barr be given another chance at some stage. Fair enough, he's not had the greatest start here, but I have a feeling he'll come good once he settles. Remember: Ian Black :thumbsup:

exactly what i was thinking, he just hasn't settled yet

Bouzid is awful and won tbe here next year. Perfect time to bed in Barr next to Zal for next season.

i hope not.

i'm not a big admirer of either but bouzid is playing decently enough. barr has done nothing to warrant a place. he'll hopefully only get back in if bouzid has a couple of shockers... which is obviously something we wouldn't want to see.

if bouzid moves then we need someone significantly better than barr IMO.

What nonsense. If Barr was better than Bouzid he'd be playing already.

Firstly our defensive record says that Bouzid cant be aa awful as some make out. And if he is, then awful seems to work so stick with it. I think Barrs confidence is just shot. This season is a write off for him, we just need to wait till next season and a fresh start. i still think he has a role to play.

This.

No danger Bouzid will be here next season... Barr will be one of our CB's next season, hopefully with Zal.

Don't get the Bouzid love in... Think he's decent but is helped immensely by Zal and when he has an off day or a mad moment Bouzid just about falls apart.

Like to see Barr in the team sometime soon.

Templeton'sUnderpants

Barr will prove all the doubters wrong. He is a better footballer than Bouzid he just had some trouble settling in.

Barr will prove all the doubters wrong. He is a better footballer than Bouzid he just had some trouble settling in.

I hope you are right.

But while we still need to win games this season, I wouldn't want Barr anywhere near the first team. To my mind this just highlights the need to a competitive reserve league.

I think we need 2 look at other options. Bouzy will go defo but I'm not confident Barr can find the form along with consistency. If we are to pick up next season by improving the squad, centre halfs must be an area for investment. I feel we are ok in midfield and wide attacking positions. I'd try and sign a centre half or two along with another striker. After seeing GG yesterday and clum on and off throughout the season, I feel that we are weak when KK is out and S Elliot is not 100% fit. We need another striker who is a threat.

Hearts of Vladland

This.

No danger Bouzid will be here next season... Barr will be one of our CB's next season, hopefully with Zal.

Don't get the Bouzid love in... Think he's decent but is helped immensely by Zal and when he has an off day or a mad moment Bouzid just about falls apart.

Like to see Barr in the team sometime soon.

He has saved Zal quite a few times in the last three games so that is bullshit and when Zal has a mad moment Zal falls apart. If we are going to rely on Barr at centre back next season we will be lucky to get Europe.

He has saved Zal quite a few times in the last three games so that is bullshit and when Zal has a mad moment Zal falls apart. If we are going to rely on Barr at centre back next season we will be lucky to get Europe.

crap.

Barr was immense for Falkirk and will be for Hearts, his situation is the same as Karipidis' was when he joined us... In and out of team never looked the part as he never had a position... Then when players left he became a great CB and leader for us.

Barr has a future with us... See him as the mew Pressley and I really hope this happens not just to prove the doubters wrong.

portobellojambo1

I'm sure, in his pre-match interview, JJ said he had picked up an injury in training.

:ninja:

Think he picked an injury in training a wee while back now, which hasn't cleared up yet. I still fully expect Darren Barr to feature at Hearts, and win the doubters over. The thing is Jim Jefferies seems to see him as a full back and I think he'd be better at the centre of the defence eventually.

Think he picked an injury in training a wee while back now, which hasn't cleared up yet. I still fully expect Darren Barr to feature at Hearts, and win the doubters over. The thing is Jim Jefferies seems to see him as a full back and I think he'd be better at the centre of the defence eventually.

I dont think he is tall enough to be a Centre Half. Badly exposed when played there at the start of his Hearts career. I think he will develop into a right back. I also think he is a better player than he has so far shown.

Firstly our defensive record says that Bouzid cant be aa awful as some make out. And if he is, then awful seems to work so stick with it. I think Barrs confidence is just shot. This season is a write off for him, we just need to wait till next season and a fresh start. i still think he has a role to play.

this. no need for further discussion, please close the thread.

I dont think he is tall enough to be a Centre Half. Badly exposed when played there at the start of his Hearts career. I think he will develop into a right back. I also think he is a better player than he has so far shown.

He is taller than Fabio Canavarro.

Hearts of Vladland

crap.

Barr was immense for Falkirk and will be for Hearts, his situation is the same as Karipidis' was when he joined us... In and out of team never looked the part as he never had a position... Then when players left he became a great CB and leader for us.

Barr has a future with us... See him as the mew Pressley and I really hope this happens not just to prove the doubters wrong.

He played right back in the last season and wasn't even a standout. Karipidis had to adapt to a new country and style of football, what is Barr reason? Pressley had already been a good player at a team challenge and the right end of the table.

He played right back in the last season and wasn't even a standout. Karipidis had to adapt to a new country and style of football, what is Barr reason? Pressley had already been a good player at a team challenge and the right end of the table.

Yawn

Johanes de Silentio

Also a main part of Pressley game was his leadership Barr has never had this.

Wasn't he Falkirk's captain?

Johanes de Silentio

Hard to say - what was Ian Black's reason? Look how he has improved. :thumbsup:

Hearts of Vladland

Wasn't he Falkirk's captain?

Does not mean he has good leadership skills.

Black was trying too hard for the team he supported as a youth and wasn't as bad as some on here thought.

Johanes de Silentio

Does not mean he has good leadership skills.

Black was trying too hard for the team he supported as a youth and wasn't as bad as some on here thought.

Fine - you've clearly made your mind up on this - nice one.

No Darren Barr in the matchday squad yesterday.

Could he be off or was he not available?

Darren Barr is being paid ?5100 basic weekly.

If he has a realistic view of his abilities as a player, I would seriously doubt that he'll be wanting to go anywhere else for the duration of his contract. Quarter of a million a year for doing some gym work and playing in training games is better than he'll get anywhere else.

If Barr was Lithuanian he'd be known as number 5.

Because he is Scottish he will turn out to be great.

If Barr constantly gets a game regardless how pesh he is he might just well get the "number 5" tag,until that happens then you have a very flawed argument.

Anyway I was told that he absolutely shites himself at the prospect of playing at Tynecastle,that is from a club employee on the footballing side.

Mid Calder Jambo

The ginger one left and the fighting with everyone stopped

He is taller than Fabio Canavarro.

Well maybe his timing needs improved, as he has lost the vast majority of aerial challenges I have seen. Is this your only other player to support his lack of height as a Centre Half?

The Old Tolbooth

If he had been fit I wouldnt have been suprised to see him in for Bouzid.

I thought Bouzid had a cracking game yesterday.

Archived