scott_jambo

Neat player and keeps possession well.

Would work well with Mroweic and Black.

Any chance of this happening?

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Neat player and keeps possession well.

Would work well with Mroweic and Black.

Any chance of this happening?

My feeling, based on nothing at all (except previous experience) is that nothing's going to happen in this window, Scott. There's been no indications, no hints, no real rumours. Add to that BB's categorical statement last week about the present squad and I think we're looking at the squad that will finish the season.

On the positive side, looks like we're going to keep pretty much all of that squad, unless some English clubs are doing some last minute business with JJ and VR as we speak.

My feeling, based on nothing at all (except previous experience) is that nothing's going to happen in this window, Scott. There's been no indications, no hints, no real rumours. Add to that BB's categorical statement last week about the present squad and I think we're looking at the squad that will finish the season.

On the positive side, looks like we're going to keep pretty much all of that squad, unless some English clubs are doing some last minute business with JJ and VR as we speak.

I agree with you, I heard that he might be out of contract at the end of the season though, maybe that was Gomis (who is better technically).

No offence, but when you say "previous experience", you are not referring to a transfer window since 2005. I actually think we will sign somebody tomorrow, but, if we don't, it will be the first transfer window under Romanov that we have not added at least one player.

As for Buaben, I actually like all three of their central midfielders and would be pleased with any of those being signed.

No offence, but when you say "previous experience", you are not referring to a transfer window since 2005. I actually think we will sign somebody tomorrow, but, if we don't, it will be the first transfer window under Romanov that we have not added at least one player.

As for Buaben, I actually like all three of their central midfielders and would be pleased with any of those being signed.

I think he means in general if there has been a lack of speculation and the manager and chairman are not making any noises about signing anyone then experience suggests that we probably won't.

Stranger things have happened though. Depends who becomes available.

I would rather we waited until next season, buy the players JJ really wants and make a real go of it.

I think he means in general if there has been a lack of speculation and the manager and chairman are not making any noises about signing anyone then experience suggests that we probably won't.

I would rather we waited until next season, buy the players JJ really wants and make a real go of it.

Absolutely. However, any signing tomorrow (if they arrive) will surely be signed with a view to building for next season.

Absolutely. However, any signing tomorrow (if they arrive) will surely be signed with a view to building for next season.

Agreed, JJ/Vlad won't sign someone just to bulk up our squad for the next few months (which is what some JKBer's seem to be after).

The trouble is, it's very hard to sign someone of the quality we are after for next to nothing in the Jan transfer window. I think we will have more options in the summer.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

That is pretty much what I meant. You're right, husref, that it woul be unusual for no signings to be made. I was comparing the present one with others where this board was frantic with rumours and threads - remember the Paul Hartley thread?

By comparison, the tumbleweed is rolling by untroubled today. I quite like it.

Agreed, JJ/Vlad won't sign someone just to bulk up our squad for the next few months (which is what some JKBer's seem to be after).

The trouble is, it's very hard to sign someone of the quality we are after for next to nothing in the Jan transfer window. I think we will have more options in the summer.

I think the key is availability.

Now, this is nothing more than a hunch, but I wonder if we will see a bid for a player that Jefferies is interested in. He has mooted that there is a midfielder (apparently not Bryson) that is in contract with another club but he might be able to get him in January.

That is pretty much what I meant. You're right, husref, that it woul be unusual for no signings to be made. I was comparing the present one with others where this board was frantic with rumours and threads - remember the Paul Hartley thread?

By comparison, the tumbleweed is rolling by untroubled today. I quite like it.

So do I MM, so do I.

I just think we are running our club a little more effectively and would not be surprised if we have managed to keep a deal quiet.

I think the key is availability.

Now, this is nothing more than a hunch, but I wonder if we will see a bid for a player that Jefferies is interested in. He has mooted that there is a midfielder (apparently not Bryson) that is in contract with another club but he might be able to get him in January.

Sounds interesting.

With Ruben threatening to be back on form it is really only a striker we are crying out for.

I really hate the Bryson chat. Like you say, the 3 United central midfielders are impressive, but I wouldn't pay half a million - a million for them which is what Killie want for Bryson.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

So do I MM, so do I.

I just think we are running our club a little more effectively and would not be surprised if we have managed to keep a deal quiet.

I hope you're right. A wee surprise of a cover for KK would do very nicely.

Archived