Craig Thomson

Zibi

I player with terrific potential. Great at going forward, really quick, has excellent crossing ability and always meets the ball instead of allowing it to bounce.

Already much better at RB than Eggy and undoubtedly could go very far in the game :thumbsup:

I would also say that he is better than Eggert defensively as he doesn't stand off his man, something Eggy was guilty of in midweek.

Think the boy deserves some credit for how comfortably he slotted into the team today and his inch perfect cross for the goal :thumbsup:

And to think some on here prefer JT at right back :unsure:

He was excellent today but I think you are getting a wee bit carried away. He hasn't played at all well This season up to now. I do agree he has massive potential and hope he can carry on today's great form.

He was excellent today but I think you are getting a wee bit carried away. He hasn't played at all well This season up to now. I do agree he has massive potential and hope he can carry on today's great form.

I don't think us playing him right wing helped his development as it is clear he is best suited to the role of an attacking minded full back as opposed to a winger.

If I remember correctly he won numerous awards in the Under 19 league while playing at right back.

Agree he can be a bit erratic defensively, much like Rafael at Man Utd, but game time is the only thing which will improve the weaknesses in his game.

I don't think us playing him right wing helped his development as it is clear he is best suited to the role of an attacking minded full back as opposed to a winger.

If I remember correctly he won numerous awards in the Under 19 league while playing at right back.

Agree he can be a bit erratic defensively, much like Rafael at Man Utd, but game time is the only thing which will improve the weaknesses in his game.

I hope you're right. Certainly on the strength of this performance alone he deserves the opportunity to prove himself.

Paulie Walnut

Good until teams play high diagonal balls in to his channel. We have lost numerous goal through this tactic and other teams use this when he has an extended run in the team and coaches figure this out.

I hope you're right. Certainly on the strength of this performance alone he deserves the opportunity to prove himself.

Be interesting to see what side JJ picks for midweek at Ibrox - all the changes today worked out pretty well - selection dilemma's ahead.....

:mellow:

Agree that his height may play against him in that position but he's a more comfortable footballer than Eggert and offers more in attack.

Eggy isn't a right back so any comparison is null and void.

Eggy was also part of the solid defence that got us to where we are, seems loads of folk are keen to forget that.

Agree that his height may play against him in that position but he's a more comfortable footballer than Eggert and offers more in attack.

There is no doubt he offers more going forward. It's his defending that concerns me but he defended well today.

He was excellent today but I think you are getting a wee bit carried away. He hasn't played at all well This season up to now.

Would agree with that I also think he is a little suspect defensively. Played well today though so hopefully he can kick on from now.

Paulie Walnut

[/quot

Definetly he is cracking player going forward and JJ is smart enough to protect him with CH and DM picking up second ball when he loses airial battles much more than Csaba did when he hung him out to dry.

Imagine him playing there and eggy doing his real job beside black or mrowcic (sp)

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

As a right back, Height isn't as important as speed, So for me that's really a non-issue.

He is the kind of player i want to do well at the club though. He will have some bad games, But hopefully he can progress and be a first team player for years to come.

Eggy isn't a right back so any comparison is null and void.

Eggy was also part of the solid defence that got us to where we are, seems loads of folk are keen to forget that.

I agree but I'm not sure where he would play best. I'd like to see him play centre-half but I think he'd need someone more experienced and aggressive alongside.

I agree but I'm not sure where he would play best. I'd like to see him play centre-half but I think he'd need someone more experienced and aggressive alongside.

Midfield but he wouldn't be given any time there before he was being slated again.

It's where he was good at all those years ago as a teenager.

Younger/same age as Temps.

Radioactive Mince

I was delighted to see Eggert dropped after two complete 'mares in a row (and several other 'meh' games) but didn't quite expect miracles from CT either. He performed excellently and should keep his place for Ibrox IMO.

I was delighted to see Eggert dropped after two complete 'mares in a row (and several other 'meh' games) but didn't quite expect miracles from CT either. He performed excellently and should keep his place for Ibrox IMO.

Of course he should, he's a right back after all.

I'll await the first 'mare that Thomson puts in not to mention 'meh' performances after a great unbeaten run with interest.

I think CT was 2nd in line for MOTM after Lee Wallce today. Played in some great balls, got forward and got back.

Radioactive Mince

Of course he should, he's a right back after all.

I'll await the first 'mare that Thomson puts in not to mention 'meh' performances after a great unbeaten run with interest.

I'm unclear as to your point here.

Think I get what you're saying but wouldn't mind some expansion.

If you're trying to say that I'd unduly back CT after an inadequate performance due to some ingrained dislike of EJ then that's simply untrue. :clarification:

EDIT: Meant to add - Seemed to me that JJ pullled off a masterstroke with this change as it looked to me that St J had pre-match tactics to pressure our right-hand side. Interestingly, this tactic got sacked pretty quickly. CT's inclusion even take McInnes by surprise perhaps?

I'm unclear as to your point here.

Think I get what you're saying but wouldn't mind some expansion.

If you're trying to say that I'd unduly back CT after an inadequate performance due to some ingrained dislike of EJ then that's simply untrue. :clarification:

EDIT: Meant to add - Seemed to me that JJ pullled off a masterstroke with this change as it looked to me that St J had pre-match tactics to pressure our right-hand side. Interestingly, this tactic got sacked pretty quickly. CT's inclusion even take McInnes by surprise perhaps?

Not on your part Fluff.

It just seems there is a 'seethe' building towards Eggy...

And yes Sir Jim got it spot on...he does read JKB after all... :thumbsup:

Ideally we need to stick JT & CT in the same jersey! Prefer JT defensively but CTs distribution & attacking is much better. Also arguably our best dead ball deliverer.

Not sure if I agree many people are having a pop at Eggy (OK some are). He has been caught out defensively badly in two games against OF. He drifts towards centre of defence and leaves huge space on wing. That's because he is an inexperienced full back. He's done great work for us in a wide range of positions and would do better playing to his strengths. Bit like Ruben, who has done a pretty good job covering at left back but looked far better today. Does a lot of unappreciated work in that position but deserved one of the MOMs today

I heard the JJ told him to try and score in the net as much as possible ... next thing the cops are raiding his house and taking his PC away ... turns out it was the wrong net.

I hope he makes it (and stays out the clink).

Good going forward, of that there is no doubt, but can he defend? I think he should play full back on Wednesday, let's see his defencing skills then.

Good going forward, of that there is no doubt, but can he defend? I think he should play full back on Wednesday, let's see his defencing skills then.

He will be targeted no doubt. Lafferty and McCulloch will be a massive threat at the back post.

What a fabulous ball for our goal yesterday. Just perfect pace on it.

I think Craig Thomson is a great player also.

But he needs a kick up the backside.

lately he has not been the player we all know.

If I was him I would buck my idea's up and train and try harder.

It's a short career, and better to spend it at tynecastle rather than in the leagues

the wee team are heading too.

The right back position should be his, but he is leaving the door open.

He will be targeted no doubt. Lafferty and McCulloch will be a massive threat at the back post.

What a fabulous ball for our goal yesterday. Just perfect pace on it.

At Ibrox last season laughing boy was put out wide and beat even Eggy everytime in the air - so I suppose it's how we counter act it.

I like Eggy but he needs to figure out why Mrowiec and Stevenson get to play ahead of him.

Great cross for skacel's cross and I think we get more from CT than what eggert brings. His set piece delivery is also of good quality. I prefer eggert in a central role.

:blink:

Making up words this morning. I was obviously torn between "defensive" and "defending".

i think craig thomson is very promising youngster i think we have got 2 right back in him and eggo

eggo was brilliant up until midweek

craig thomson as tooking is chance well and will pay until a mistake

Drylaw Hearts

Whilst I still don't think CT is the answer at RB....

He is a far better footballer than EJ.

Eggerts distribution is just awful.

:blink:

Making up words this morning. I was obviously torn between "defensive" and "defending".

You are clearly a cunning linguist ..... :teehee:

CT and Suso have bags of energy and enthusiasm as well as skill. They are great to watch. Delighted to see them on the park and they could make a triffic partnership down the right.

Whilst I still don't think CT is the answer at RB....

He is a far better footballer than EJ.

Eggerts distribution is just awful.

And he is as slow as a week in Saughton.

He is not a regular starter for me.

What a difference having 2 fast full backs who are good on the ball.

Thought both Lee and Craig had a great game on Sat.

Looked very good on Sat... if he can just grow up and curb his off field antics, screw the nut... he may be another Hearts star!

Hearts of Vladland

If Craig Thomson was the same height as Lee Wallace he would probably play every week. People saying he is not very good at defending, how good is Lee Wallace at defending? Or at least at Thomson's age the answer is not very. Craig had put on a little too much muscle over the summer which made him lose a yard or two of pace but has since either worked on his speed or got rid of some of the muscle which on the wings you need that extra yard of pace.

winston churchill

good going forward and a good option with freekicks/set pieces.

he needs to work on his defending duties but if we had two good centre backs he/we could get away with it.

Archived