Obua

steve123

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A steady 7

Held the ball up well some nice little lay offs and a couple of great balls down the line for Wallace.

perhaps he got involved more today but certainly not to the extend it deserves it's own thread

:rolleyes:

Anyway, I thought he played alright today. Pitched in defensively at the end, also.

A steady 7

Held the ball up well some nice little lay offs and a couple of great balls down the line for Wallace.

[/

Agreed what does Kyle do much the same the boy has been hung out to dry today he held his own !!!

Full marks for his clearance at the end which saved Kello any blushes, pretty poor throughout most of the game, his style is just too laid back for Scottish football.

There clearly is a good player in there, but we will always struggle to see him in Scotland.

Can't stand the fans who give him dogs abuse consistently for 90mins. Making him the scapegoat time after time.

Okay, he is no superstar, but FFS, get behind him and the team.

Your booing and abuse is offering zero help to a player lacking match practice and confidence.

Erseholes.

Waits for the slating thought he was much better today !!!

:greatpost:

Obua seethers are seething.

Guildford_Jambo

Can't stand the fans who give him dogs abuse consistently for 90mins. Making him the scapegoat time after time.

Your booing and abuse is offering zero help to a player lacking match practice and confidence.

Erseholes.

Correct

there are 2 old chaps who sit in Wheatfield who kept slagging him off throughout the whole match - no need!

Thought he did well today - almost scored in the first half, good clearance at the end and generally some good touches. Quite a squad that we've got now that Wallace, Driver and Suso are back, but he's still a worthy member of it.

Decent first half and put himself about.

faded out the game a bit in the second but not a bad perfomance overall.

He ain't no KK though

Decent first half and put himself about.

faded out the game a bit in the second but not a bad perfomance overall.

He ain't no KK though

Agreed and I dont think we can expect him to be he never arrived at Hearts as a forward , we aint getting anymore player so lets get behind the ones we have !!!

As someone said earlier there is a player in there somewherebut he is not suited to Scottish football and if he hasn't adapted after two yearsthen he isn't going to.

His lack of ability to jump frustrates me greatly.

Thanks for the derby goal david but your wages could be used much more effectively.

portobellojambo1

I suppose it depends very much on what you are looking for in a game. The OP said he played better today, and if you are looking at it in terms of how sadly pathetic he was when brought on against St Johnstone in the cup tie, when he started against Kilmarnock at Rugby Park and when he came on against Celtic Wednesday then one cannot argue with the statement in terms of he wasn't as bad as that today. I would argue that anybody that witnessed those performances, especially against Kilmarnock, would never want him anywhere near the HMFC first team again.

Today I thought the team played much better all round when compared with Wednesday, but I thought the only area we failed in was in the target man used to replace Kyle (and I believe that was Obua). So ineffective was he up front that we had to revert to a 4-5-1 formation and leave Glen and Elliott alone up front.

If in the eyes of some fans a player being brought into the team to a job and failing to do the required job constitutes playing well then so be it. I think a better description would be he wasn't as bad as he has been of late. He is nowhere near good enough for our first eleven.

EDIT - What a fecking goal, Southampton 1 Manchester United 0

Obua was in that team today for his height and the fact he can ruffle a few feathers against the likes of Duberry etc. Footballing-wise, he's not great but i for one was quite glad he was in that team today, he came in, played quite physically and cleared the ball out in the last couple of minutes, i think they would've equalized had he not been there so for me, he played his part, we've collected another three points, at this stage, that's all that matters.

Whatever Obdooa did or didn't do during the 1st 89 min, he was there to clear the ball off the line with Kello beaten. Otherwise it was 1-1.

I suppose it depends very much on what you are looking for in a game. The OP said he played better today, and if you are looking at it in terms of how sadlly pathetic he was when brought on against St Johnstone in the cup tie, when he started against Kilmarnock at Rugby Park and when he came on against Celtic Wednesday then one canot argue with the statement in terms of he wasn't as bad as that today. I would argue that anybody that witnessed his performance especially against Kilmarnock would never want him anywhere near the HMFC first team again.

Today I thought the team played much better all round when compared with Wednesday, but I thought the only area we failed in was in the target man used to replace Kyle (and I believe that was Obua). So ineffective was he up front that we had to revert to a 4-5-1 formation and leave Glen and Elliott alone up front.

If in the eyes of some fans a player being brought into the team to a job and failing to do the required job constitutes playing well in comparison with some of the pish then so be it. He is nowhere near good enough for our first eleven.

Smiles , Obua was brought in by a previous manager to play a different position and has been stuck up front, he aint anything like the player we thought we were getting he aint what I want up front but he is a Hearts player and I personally think he done well today as I say I look forward to slating !!!!

Miller Jambo 60

Waits for the slating thought he was much better today !!!

As everyone knows ,i was not there, and Obua is gash, a bottler and a waste of spacedown.gif

Dougstar.

As everyone knows ,i was not there, and Obua is gash, a bottler and a waste of spacedown.gif

Dougstar.

Quite possibly noy but we have nothing else so lets support what we do have :thumbsup:

Jambof3tornado

Dougstar.

Wrong Doug. Obua won enough in the air today to show his worth,only while Kyle is

Out that is!

ArmiyaRomanova

His lack of ability to jump frustrates me greatly.

Eh?

Won the majority of his headers today despite the pressure of the two players on him.

portobellojambo1

Smiles , Obua was brought in by a previous manager to play a different position and has been stuck up front, he aint anything like the player we thought we were getting he aint what I want up front but he is a Hearts player and I personally think he done well today as I say I look forward to slating !!!!

You won't get a slating from me Steve, but I hope you will accept you will get a different opinion. I personally don't think he should ever have been brought to the club in the first place, but that is history now. I would say I have seen him play one good game of football, that was when he was actually used in almost a centre half type role in a game we played against Aberdeen up at Pittodrie. I thought he did very well that day, and said so at the time.

Some HMFC fans are possibly more flexible with him based on a result, possibly two, against Hibs, and he woudn't be the first bad player who falls into that category (one that readily springs to mind is Hrusef Musemic, an absolute huddy of a player, but there are some HMFC fans who think he was a good player because he scored a goal against Hibs).

It's a bit similar to the phase we went through on here with different opinions of Robbie Neilson. Some thought he should be in the team, and retained by Hearts because he was a really decent guy. I judged it on football and you don't take personal attributes into account, you don't succeed as a football player by having nice manners or being pleasant, you make it if you have ability, and I didn't think Neilson had said ability.

But, as said, it is all about opinion, and nothing personal.

Miller Jambo 60

Anyone who boo's the guy is a ****

Ha Ha you ever watched him, hes gash, a skinney waste o space ripping off my club

You won't get a slating from me Steve, but I hope you will accept you will get a different opinion. I personally don't think he should ever have been brought to the club in the first place, but that is history now. I would say I have seen him play one good game of football, that was when he was actually used in almost a centre half type role in a game we played against Aberdeen up at Pittodrie. I thought he did very well that day, and said so at the time.

Some HMFC fans are possibly more flexible with him based on a result, possibly two, against Hibs, and he woudn't be the first bad player who falls into that category (one that readily springs to mind is Hrusef Musemic, an absolute huddy of a player, but there are some HMFC fans who think he was a good player because he scored a goal against Hibs).

It's a bit similar to the phase we went through on here with different opinions of Robbie Neilson. Some thought he should be in the team, and retained by Hearts because he was a really decent guy. I judged it on football and you don't take personal attributes into account, you don't succeed as a football player by having nice manners or being pleasant, you make it if you have ability, and I didn't think Neilson had said ability.

But, as said, it is all about opinion, and nothing personal.

I appreciate the reply thank you , and of course we will not all have the same opinion I dont think he should be at club either my point was make the best of what we have as getting nothing else , but again I appreciate your post I am not hear to argue have a good one !!!

Miller Jambo 60

Wrong Doug. Obua won enough in the air today to show his worth,only while Kyle is

Out that is!

cool mate respect your opinion

, thing is feel he has no respect for Hearts.

Doug

I thought that with the exception of one pass, one header and one clearance he was very poor. Carried by the rest of the team.

I would have preferred to see the Laszlo era tactics of Mroweic or Jonsson up front if we have to have a 'big guy' up front.

Miller Jambo 60

Eh?

Won the majority of his headers today despite the pressure of the two players on him.

My wife loves your picthumbsup.gif.

Doug.

Correct

there are 2 old chaps who sit in Wheatfield who kept slagging him off throughout the whole match - no need!

That was the great thing about terracing, you could move away from these idiots!

I thought he had a pretty decent game tbh.

But then again, I'm willing to judge him on how he plays, not who he is. It's Obua, better get on his back. Get a grip eh.

I thought he done well today,a few decent touches. Not sure that playing him up front today with Glen (very poor today) was a good decision Don't understand why people want to boo him,sad really considering that IMO when he comes in he always tries.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

David Obua was one of our best players today, won a lot of headers, almost always found a maroon shirt when he released the ball, held play up in the St Johnstone half extremely well, made some excellent plays on the wings and to my memory set things up nicely through a couple of slide-rule passes that he was doing well to provide, after sticking at his job and keeping the ball, while under heavy pressure from the oposition.

I think he had an excellent first half and was still potent in the second, despite some blatant man-handling from Duberry in the second.

Big thumbs up from me, I think if KK -who I love- had produced the exact same performance, he would have had his own thread praising him to the hilt also.

David Obua was one of our best players today, won a lot of headers, almost always found a maroon shirt when he released the ball, held play up in the St Johnstone half extremely well, made some excellent plays on the wings and to my memory set things up nicely through a couple of slide-rule passes that he was doing well to provide, after sticking at his job and keeping the ball, while under heavy pressure from the oposition.

I think he had an excellent first half and was still potent in the second, despite some blatant man-handling from Duberry in the second.

Big thumbs up from me, I think if KK -who I love- had produced the exact same performance, he would have had his own thread praising him to the hilt also.

Exactly! :thumbsup: Some brilliant play by him today and he showed he is a worthy member of the Hearts squad! Too many people have a clouded judgement due to previous poor performances!

Have never booed any Hearts players including (Andy Watson), thought Obua did ok today have to agree though he is not IMO a first team player.

I think him, Wallace and Palazuelos had very good games today.

Let's hope they can do as well on Wednesday when we'll be up against considerably better opposition...

Obua wants too much time on the ball which he can't afford in Scotland.

I think he is a good player but playing in the wrong country.

Im not sure but when he went up to challenge for the ball he was never given a foul against himself, unlike K K.

Thought in general he had a good game today, different challenge if he plays in that role on Wednesday!

Thought Obua played well in the first half but contributed next to nothing in the second, other than that clearance.

He seemed completely out of his depth in the second half.

Erseholes.

I suppose it depends very much on what you are looking for in a game. The OP said he played better today, and if you are looking at it in terms of how sadly pathetic he was when brought on against St Johnstone in the cup tie, when he started against Kilmarnock at Rugby Park and when he came on against Celtic Wednesday then one cannot argue with the statement in terms of he wasn't as bad as that today. I would argue that anybody that witnessed those performances, especially against Kilmarnock, would never want him anywhere near the HMFC first team again.

If in the eyes of some fans a player being brought into the team to a job and failing to do the required job constitutes playing well then so be it. I think a better description would be he wasn't as bad as he has been of late. He is nowhere near good enough for our first eleven.

EDIT - What a fecking goal, Southampton 1 Manchester United 0

I'll be slightly less charitable than you. I defended his performance the last time he was taking a real slating on here (was that the Cup game?) but today I thought he was bloody awful. Can run fast, but doesn't bother most of the time. Wins headers which go nowhere. Powder puff in the challenge. Turns back rather than go forward. Gets himself in zero scoring positions.

Plus marks today for a very good ball across the box in the first half and the clearance near the end. Apart from that, a complete waste of a jersey.

lost in leith

I'll be slightly less charitable than you. I defended his performance the last time he was taking a real slating on here (was that the Cup game?) but today I thought he was bloody awful. Can run fast, but doesn't bother most of the time. Wins headers which go nowhere. Powder puff in the challenge. Turns back rather than go forward. Gets himself in zero scoring positions.

Plus marks today for a very good ball across the box in the first half and the clearance near the end. Apart from that, a complete waste of a jersey.

Thank you. Reading some of the previous posts made me wonder if I had been in a parallel universe this afternoon.

Spot on Mothy.

Archived