Doomsday

Rab

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UZKRid97mVI&feature=related

Liked the look of this - post apocalyptic Glasgow, wondered how different it'd look ;) - so went and seen it with the bird at the weekend.

Started off not bad, Scotland is walled off because of a deadly virus, lot's of people trying to cross the border, soldiers under orders to shoot on sight etc, etc.

Degenerated badly after that. I won't spoil the plot, but the film is very, very gruesome. Lot's of blood, violence, graphic cannibalism - and a bunny being shot. Basically a big mix of Mad Max, Escape from New York, The Road Warrior and a few other films.

After an hour, she had had enough and wanted to leave. I would have stayed, but wasn't exactly bothered about missing the rest of it.

Sure it'll appeal to some tastes, but wasn't for me - avoid.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UZKRid97mVI&feature=related

Liked the look of this - post apocalyptic Glasgow, wondered how different it'd look ;) - so went and seen it with the bird at the weekend.

Started off not bad, Scotland is walled off because of a deadly virus, lot's of people trying to cross the border, soldiers under orders to shoot on sight etc, etc.

Degenerated badly after that. I won't spoil the plot, but the film is very, very gruesome. Lot's of blood, violence, graphic cannibalism - and a bunny being shot. Basically a big mix of Mad Max, Escape from New York, The Road Warrior and a few other films.

After an hour, she had had enough and wanted to leave. I would have stayed, but wasn't exactly bothered about missing the rest of it.

Sure it'll appeal to some tastes, but wasn't for me - avoid.

Pfft, that doesnt look anywhere near as bad as Glasgow actually is!!

Commander Harris

rather than the cliched tribal tattooed style of most post-apocalyptic films they could have really done something more fitting to the glasgow culture. you've already got all the gang/young team stuff present, if they had just turned that up to the extreme to fit with the circumstances then that would have worked well. Even having a Celtic/Rangers element to some of the gang dynamics would have been interesting.

The flaws of Glasgow are ripe for some quality post-apocalypic chaos - seems this opportunity has been missed to rehash the same old style of just about ever doomsday film since mad-max.

rather than the cliched tribal tattooed style of most post-apocalyptic films they could have really done something more fitting to the glasgow culture. you've already got all the gang/young team stuff present, if they had just turned that up to the extreme to fit with the circumstances then that would have worked well. Even having a Celtic/Rangers element to some of the gang dynamics would have been interesting.

The flaws of Glasgow are ripe for some quality post-apocalypic chaos - seems this opportunity has been missed to rehash the same old style of just about ever doomsday film since mad-max.

aye, what is it about people in post apocolyptic societies being obssess with running about in leather? :confused:

Commander Harris
aye, what is it about people in post apocolyptic societies being obssess with running about in leather? :confused:

indeed - surely the glasgow neds would stick to their fake burberry - deadly virus or not.

also, if bucky doesn't become the most sought after commodity in a post-apocalyptic weedge with rampant neds exchanging armoured cars for a couple of bottles I'll be very disapointed. :mad:

Archived