Pre season - what do you want to see happen?

200milesfromgorgie

200milesfromgorgie

ok everyones pished off with this write off of a season.

but come the day before the first game of the season what changes would you like to see in place that would make you think "yes this season is gonna be our season, Romanov is taking us in the right direction"

I would want to see a new and exciting manager (goes with out saying i know).

But i want this manager to have written in his contract that he has complete control over team selection and want Vlad to go on record stating this.

Secondly i want to see at least 11 players signed who are gonna be more than capable of a - playing football and b - making the rest of the SPL sit up and take notice once again (for the right reasons)

last off i want the club to be honest and stop the silent treatment, one thing that really has got on nerves is the lack of respect that us the fans have had to endure. we pay the money to watch the games therefore we have a right to know what is going on.

i know i might be stating the obvious but if next season starts as flat as this season then i can safely say Vlad does not have a clue.

loveofthegame

Complete and utter overhaul.

New manager in, who can rid the squad of the complete dross and deadwood before bringing in his own players.

Anything less is unacceptable

1. A manager

2. A clearout

3. New players

4. A selection policy that is fair and gives incentive to play/train well

5. Pies at half time in the main stand for falkirk John

6. Skantily clad cheerleaders

7. A new physio

8. To see the back of Eastern European coaches

9. Vlad in the stand one in a while

10. The guy behind me too get struck down by a season long bout of laringitis

11. Celtic and Rangers allocation cut further

12. Chris Robinson banned from the stadium. Infact add that wee ***** Walker to the list if he even has a point to turn up now he's on the dole.

13. 2 x wingers that can get a ball to about head height in the box

14. 1 x striker who can head the ball

15. Clum loaned out to Motherwell again

16. Ivas, Knas, Ches, Miko, Kanch and Zal sent to Kaunas to learn there trade

17. Decent hard working pros to replace them

18. Mark McGhee on the touchline

19. Ogilive's weekly blog

20. More leg room in the main stand

21. Bulldovers at the end of season

22. No more girl boyboys

23. A Chairmans charter printed at the same time the supporters charter

hmmm thats all

How about properly organised pre-season training, run by someone who actually lives in this decade?

That'd be nice.

british manager

british players

sick off eastern european coaches,players,non english speaking backroom staff.

if i were a mathematician i wish i could workout the success rate in percentage terms of all the lithuanianans/eastern european players/managers in terms of excitement,goals ,transfer value etc.

most cant pass, score and more importantly very weak in stature therefore brushed off the ball very easily hence we give possession away too easily.

one could say this is evident throughout the whole team

not just applicable to the eastern euro's,but why import

more of this CRUDE level of football when there is rarely

an end product,i.e. freeflowing football and transfer value?

if we are a selling club which i now think is undeniable

then why cant we persevere down the scottish route,still

maintaining our identity,in the way hibs have, playing decent local talent then offloading for excellent reward?

surely a blind man can see we're going down the wrong path!

Charlie-Brown

but come the day before the first game of the season what changes would you like to see in place that would make you think "yes this season is gonna be our season, Romanov is taking us in the right direction"

But i want this manager to have written in his contract that he has complete control over team selection and want Vlad to go on record stating this.

Secondly i want to see at least 11 players signed who are gonna be more than capable of a - playing football and b - making the rest of the SPL sit up and take notice once again (for the right reasons)

last off i want the club to be honest and stop the silent treatment, one thing that really has got on nerves is the lack of respect that us the fans have had to endure. we pay the money to watch the games therefore we have a right to know what is going on.

i know i might be stating the obvious but if next season starts as flat as this season then i can safely say Vlad does not have a clue.

This happened in 2005-06 but the seeds of that success was also the seeds of a massive rise in debt levels & financial losses experienced since then and necessitated selling players & losing players out of contract.

Hearts are not in any condition to try to buy success or improvement - I'd like a manager who can make our own players better and who can wheel & deal in the transfer market to sign players by perhaps selling some to generate his own transfer funds.

In reality whats the point,we would just get another Burley scenario,manager walking out or sacked.

IMO Vlad will not and cannot change the way he wants to run a football club.

If I had my way he would be out the fecking door on his arse,before we go out the box altogether.

Chad Sexington

I'd like to see Malofeev brought in to help with the fitness training.

I think he's a visionary who could really....

...I'll get my coat.

:ph34r:

Italian Lambretta

I would like to to see us play a friendly in central europe against some good opposition.

It would make up for not getting into europe.

After that I don't give a feck because it will be probably more of the same.

Charlie-Brown

I'd like to see us restore our traditional pre-season friendly match at Raith Rovers - a short train / car / bus journey to Kirkcaldy and a good day out.

I'd like to see Malofeev brought in to help with the fitness training.

I think he's a visionary who could really....

...I'll get my coat.

:ph34r:

You're doing him a huge disservice. I want him in charge of the whole shooting match, barking instructions at our players in Russian during the warm-up games.

Couldn't you just feel our superior fitness kicking in against Falkirk? It's that time of season, after all.

Ryan Gosling

Fitness training at Gullane

10 days in Holland playing local amateur teams and winning 12-0

2 friendlies at lower league clubs

1 friendly at Tynie against a Premiership team like Aston Villa

That'd separate the wheat from the chaff.

Charlie-Brown
Fitness training at Gullane

10 days in Holland playing local amateur teams and winning 12-0

2 friendlies at lower league clubs

1 friendly at Tynie against a Premiership team like Aston Villa

That'd separate the wheat from the chaff.

Better to have a training camp in the North of England (Newcastle area) or North of Scotland (Inverness) and playing lesser teams to begin with - meanwhile in-between games we could have :beer:

I'd like to see us restore our traditional pre-season friendly match at Raith Rovers - a short train / car / bus journey to Kirkcaldy and a good day out.

Including the traditional inter-teammate punch-up on the pitch?

peebles jambo
Complete and utter overhaul.

New manager in, who can rid the squad of the complete dross and deadwood before bringing in his own players.

Anything less is unacceptable

I'D GO ALONG WITH THAT, HITS THE NAIL RIGHT ON THE HEID

If need be. :mw_rolleyes:

Would certainly have more entertainment value than the football we've been subjected to this season.

Charlie-Brown
yes but in holland we can get stoned.

If you go to some of these wee towns and the locals don't like you very much then there is a chance you will get 'stoned' as well. :)

1. A manager

2. A clearout

3. New players

4. A selection policy that is fair and gives incentive to play/train well

5. Pies at half time in the main stand for falkirk John

6. Skantily clad cheerleaders

7. A new physio

8. To see the back of Eastern European coaches

9. Vlad in the stand one in a while

10. The guy behind me too get struck down by a season long bout of laringitis

11. Celtic and Rangers allocation cut further

12. Chris Robinson banned from the stadium. Infact add that wee ***** Walker to the list if he even has a point to turn up now he's on the dole.

13. 2 x wingers that can get a ball to about head height in the box

14. 1 x striker who can head the ball

15. Clum loaned out to Motherwell again

16. Ivas, Knas, Ches, Miko, Kanch and Zal sent to Kaunas to learn there trade

17. Decent hard working pros to replace them

18. Mark McGhee on the touchline

19. Ogilive's weekly blog

20. More leg room in the main stand

21. Bulldovers at the end of season

22. No more girl boyboys

23. A Chairmans charter printed at the same time the supporters charter

hmmm thats all

22 No more girl ballboys ace :compute: Infact that whole list is pretty good:horse:

This happened in 2005-06 but the seeds of that success was also the seeds of a massive rise in debt levels & financial losses experienced since then and necessitated selling players & losing players out of contract.

Hearts are not in any condition to try to buy success or improvement - I'd like a manager who can make our own players better and who can wheel & deal in the transfer market to sign players by perhaps selling some to generate his own transfer funds.

Absolutely correct - the last thing Hearts should do is sign more average players on inflated wages. We simply cannot afford to go down that road again. At least if we sign players on modest wages and it doesn't work out we have the consolation that we're not stuck with more ?10,000 a week players on a 3 or 4 year contract who are sending the club further into debt.

shut the whole ****ing place down, sack all staff, sell Tynecastle to some supermarket chain..........

that would put us all out of our misery and we would find something constructive and positive to do with our little insignificant existances..........

Charlie-Brown
I'd happily settle for a new owner/owners.

A fresh start is needed.

What about a fresh start with the current owners DH ? :mw_rolleyes:

Drylaw Hearts
What about a fresh start with the current owners DH ? :mw_rolleyes:

I firmly believe a leopard cannot change it's spots.

I think VR will continue to put his nose into team affairs - wether it be demanding certain players play or signing players without the concent of the Manager.

Charlie-Brown
I firmly believe a leopard cannot change it's spots.

I think VR will continue to put his nose into team affairs - wether it be demanding certain players play or signing players without the concent of the Manager.

Okay DH - am too busy arguing with hun bigots & apologists on another thread. :)

Drylaw Hearts
Okay DH - am too busy arguing with hun bigots & apologists on another thread. :)

Good Luck.

:)

Only a Game

The club are starting to make some bloody worrying noises about the appointment.

"Should be in place before the start of the new season" was one quote I read.

Lets get this right straight from the start. A new manager, no matter who he is, arriving two weeks or less before the start of the season is no feckin use to us whatsoever. In fact I'd go as far as to say he MUST be appointed within weeks, if not days of this season ending and certainly, at all costs, before pre-season training starts.

We dont want and cant afford any more pre-season shambles like we've had in the last two pre-seasons. These shambles are undoubtedly the root of a lot of our problems and I really fear for us next season if this appointment drags on well into the summer.

Toxteth O'Grady
I'd happily settle for a new owner/owners.

A fresh start is needed.

Apparently there is "another show in town" now.

Guest Tynie Bubbles

Pre Season games AWAY versus:

West Ham United :)

Millwall :mad:

Watford (Adie Boothroyd's team)

and

Darlington (nice ground like Hull's and straight down the A1 from Edinburgh)

That is what I would like to see.

Archived