Ferguson, McCulloch & Dailly.....

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

CD will be much more concerned about making his OF debut on Saturday than some meaningless friendly against the Croats. :)

Playing for your country should never be meaningless. It's just constantly devalued by antics like these from the bigots and from people like you attempting to condone it.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
loveofthegame
CD would cut off an arm to play for Scotland. In any game. He will have been told he is not allowed to play.

Makes a mockery of the national team. How are the players supposed to prepare for the official games when the supposed most important players can't be arsed turning up for friendlies.

No chance. He may have been 'actively encouraged' to pull out but when it comes to it its his choice. He probably realises this could be his last chance to win a big trophy and lets be honest is very unlikely to be in GB's long term plans

Supporting the sellick is something I would NEVER do...........;)

Why not?

Even in Europe?

loveofthegame
I thought McGregor was a jambo?

don't think thats fair .Kingston asked to join up late for the Ghanaian ANC meet up they turned him down,our other big Lithuanian internationals have never made a fuss in fact got sent back at one point as they were not fit enough.

The Real Difference is that Hearts have a respect for the international game the ugly sisters don't give a feck about anyone but themselves,they will all be fit in time for the glamor Holland games .

He may have grown up a Jambo but i think if you asked him who he supports now the answer would be pretty different.

Hes a player whose won nothing really (ok the Diddy Cup apart). This is Rangers big chance to take back the title. It'll be all that their players are focusing on right now

Playing for your country should never be meaningless. It's just constantly devalued by antics like these from the bigots and from people like you attempting to condone it.

Lets just imagine, I know its difficult to given where VR has taken us, that we were in the running for the league title and had a massive game on Saturday. I for one would be delighted to see our players removed from the squad for a meaningless friendly. Club wins over country EVERY single time. :)

Why not?

Even in Europe?

May the 3rd 1986 may mean nothing to you Hughesie but it does to me. Feel the pain EVERY day. :mad:

No chance. He may have been 'actively encouraged' to pull out but when it comes to it its his choice. He probably realises this could be his last chance to win a big trophy and lets be honest is very unlikely to be in GB's long term plans

And what would active encouragement entail?

Christian Dailly would not pull out of a Scotland squad through his own choice. I know that for a fact.

He has either been told he is not allowed to join up or he is genuinely injured.

Commander Harris
Barry Robson has been pulled out by the smellies...........no injury menioned as yet.........he must be in line to play on Saturday...........:P:mw_rolleyes:

injured his arse sitting on the bench?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Christian Dailly would not pull out of a Scotland squad through his own choice. I know that for a fact.

He has either been told he is not allowed to join up or he is genuinely injured.

How do you know that for a fact?

Once you join the Old Firm you change. Look at Davie Weir, good guy but now he is a complete tosser.

loveofthegame

He'll have been told to pull out and he'll have done it. CD is a professional and will have been happy to lose a cap for the sake of his current Rangers career. Its just the way it is. If he was so so so so unhappy about it that he was up in arms then he'd speak out. He wont though. He will get on with preparing for Saturday.

Although i dont disagree that he may well be injured, hell they all might be, be some coincedence though.... Guess we'll find out on Saturday

How do you know that for a fact?

Once you join the Old Firm you change. Look at Davie Weir, good guy but now he is a complete tosser.

Spoke to him on more than one occasion about his feelings for Scotland.

He gets the same enjoyment from playing as Julio gets from watch slow motion replays of his Brian Laudrup Dvds.

But yeah I take your point.

He'll have been told to pull out and he'll have done it. CD is a professional and will have been happy to lose a cap for the sake of his current Rangers career. Its just the way it is. If he was so so so so unhappy about it that he was up in arms then he'd speak out. He wont though. He will get on with preparing for Saturday.

Then they should all be dropped indefinately.

International football is not something for the bigots to use as their play thing.

Plenty other players around the world will play matches this midweek then go back to play important league games at the weekend. Some will even have to travel more than five minutes up the road to do so.

Did Rangers not originally request to play Partick Thistle this Tuesday? Funny they had enough recovery time then.

He gets the same enjoyment from playing as Julio gets from watch slow motion replays of his Brian Laudrup Dvds.

That one made me chuckle Djf. :) Laudrup was a class act as was Larsson. Reckon they have to be the two best players we have seen up here? :cool:

But they are British. Be great to see them do well in Europe. Afterall we have been sponging off their UEFA cup run a few years ago.

They were just doing what there job is afterall. Can you really begrudge them?

Give and take.

That one made me chuckle Djf. :) Laudrup was a class act as was Larsson. Reckon they have to be the two best players we have seen up here? :cool:

Larsson was ten times the player Laudrup was.:o

:biggrin: Surely he doesn't touch himself though?!

You would think Smith would show a bit more respect towards the National team considering they got him the gig with his beloved Huns.

If players perform well in this friendly they should keep the jersey regardless of which club they play for but I doubt it.

loveofthegame
Then they should all be dropped indefinately.

International football is not something for the bigots to use as their play thing.

Plenty other players around the world will play matches this midweek then go back to play important league games at the weekend. Some will even have to travel more than five minutes up the road to do so.

Did Rangers not originally request to play Partick Thistle this Tuesday? Funny they had enough recovery time then.

Mate i dont disagree, although i think we all agree that dropping all OF players who pull out of a friendly would hurt the national team more than it would aid it.

As for the last sentence of course its 'funny' but im just telling it how it is. Playing for the OF is more important to these guys than playing for Scotland in a meaningless friendly.

Like it or not its as simple as that

loveofthegame

If players perform well in this friendly they should keep the jersey regardless of which club they play for but I doubt it.

TBH i would hope and sincerely think that GB is the one manager we could have appointed who will pick players on merit regardless of the club they play for. See his selection of Berra ahead of Weir as an example of this.

The Old Tolbooth
Not surprised.

A massive SPL game coming up on saturday, a meaningless international friendly on Wednesday.

I'd be wanting the Hearts players withdrawn on Wednesday if we had such an important run of games coming up too.

Exactly!!

Had it been a world cup qualifier or something then thats different, but its a meaningless friendly thats only sold 20,000 tickets ffs, what do folk expect???

Scotland should be using the fringe players anyway for this one imo.

crazy_jambo_2006

Has Roy Keane requested that Gordon doesn't play on wed? No. And Sunderland need a fit Gordon to keep them in the league. The Old Firm are a disgrace. They treat Scotland team with contempt. Withdrawing the Scotland captain for Burley's 1st game is a disgrace. The ned should be ditched as Scotland captain. Fletcher or Brown to be captain. Brown will be a Scotland legend (taking off the anti-hibs/celtic specs here).

TBH i would hope and sincerely think that GB is the one manager we could have appointed who will pick players on merit regardless of the club they play for. See his selection of Berra ahead of Weir as an example of this.

Hmmm not sure about that.

I think he realises Weir is finished and needs to start giving his replacement a bit of experience.

What age is Weir now? 37?

Exactly!!

Had it been a world cup qualifier or something then thats different, but its a meaningless friendly thats only sold 20,000 tickets ffs, what do folk expect???

Scotland should be using the fringe players anyway for this one imo.

Where does it stop though, John?

Every club with a player in the squad could argue that they need said player for the run in. Then what would happen?

I could see the point if the game was COMPLETELY pointless but it's the new managers first game.

It's just another example of the OF getting it their way. Couldn't give a feck if they have an important game coming up.

At international level you can't say that any game is meaningless. There is a limited number of fixtures before the official games start and for half our starting 11 to refuse to turn up for a friendly is shambolic.

Hibs have a huge game against Motherwell this weekend which could go a long way to deciding who gets UEFA cup football. Will they pull Fletcher out the squad? Of course not.

The correct course of action should have been Rangers making a formal request to Burley to release these players from international duty. It would then be up to him to decide. This is just another example of the way in which the Old Firm bully Scottish football.

loveofthegame
Hmmm not sure about that.

I think he realises Weir is finished and needs to start giving his replacement a bit of experience.

What age is Weir now? 37?

But a lot of managers would have picked Weir regardless of this as hes still playing week in week out for der Hun. Thats more my point

But a lot of managers would have picked Weir regardless of this as hes still playing week in week out for der Hun. Thats more my point

I agree with you and thought Burley was a great appointment in that regard. Unfortunately as you said earlier he won't want to risk angering either half of the Old Firm. They are far too big for their own boots in relation to Scottish football.

Even Alex Ferguson would have to try to appease them if he had the Scotland job.

The Old Tolbooth
Where does it stop though, John?

Every club with a player in the squad could argue that they need said player for the run in. Then what would happen?

I could see the point if the game was COMPLETELY pointless but it's the new managers first game.

It's just another example of the OF getting it their way. Couldn't give a feck if they have an important game coming up.

To be brutally honest AP, I really do think that it's a very pointless fixture at a silly time of the season, regardless of whether it's Burleys first game in charge or not bud.

Like I said though, if it was a qualifier, I'd be spitting feathers, but can see their point this time as I'd be wanting Hearts players (if we had any good enough that is lol) to pull out too if we had something left to play for.

loveofthegame
To be brutally honest AP, I really do think that it's a very pointless fixture at a silly time of the season, regardless of whether it's Burleys first game in charge or not bud.

Like I said though, if it was a qualifier, I'd be spitting feathers, but can see their point this time as I'd be wanting Hearts players (if we had any good enough that is lol) to pull out too if we had something left to play for.

Completely agree, id say its the ridiculous timing of these friendlies thats the problem.

alwaysthereinspirit
Every time Scotland have a friendly game, Bazza the Ned is "injured".

He's been doing this for years now.

Lazy fecker.

Wednesday is his big bevvy night.

Welcome to the world of Scottish international football Mr. Burley.

I'm only surprised they were picked in the first place given how many games Rangers have played so far. At least others will get a chance now.

At least others will get a chance now.

And then get dumped, no matter how well they play, as soon as the hun quartet fancies it again.

Commander Harris

I'd be delighted if Burley had the 5 day rule enforced but I suspect he's just going to be yet another old-firm patsy :(

alwaysthereinspirit
And then get dumped, no matter how well they play, as soon as the hun quartet fancies it again.

Exactly. One of the worst international sets ups in Europe by far.

We have a "play when you want" system. That and the fact our players are so crap the average ones cant be dropped anyway due to the fact no one is waiting to replace them.

OmiyaHearts
Exactly. One of the worst international sets ups in Europe by far.

We have a "play when you want" system. That and the fact our players are so crap the average ones cant be dropped anyway due to the fact no one is waiting to replace them.

where do you get the 'play when you want system' from? these guys have played an extraordinary amount of games so far and I can understand them pulling out if they want to avoid serious injury before what could be a title decider.

As for saying the players are crap, did you not watch the games against France & Italy. Also wiping the floor with Ukraine? I don't expect to see you at Hampden but hopefully you'll be there in spirit.

alwaysthereinspirit
where do you get the 'play when you want system' from? these guys have played an extraordinary amount of games so far and I can understand them pulling out if they want to avoid serious injury before what could be a title decider.

As for saying the players are crap, did you not watch the games against France & Italy. Also wiping the floor with Ukraine? I don't expect to see you at Hampden but hopefully you'll be there in spirit.

Our Captain courageous leads by example when it comes to our "play when you want" system. Dont have the stats to back up my arguement but I bet he's missed more "meaningless" games than any other player with the same # of caps.

As for playing well against France, Italy and Ukraine. What group were we drawn in for the Euros in June.:sad:

If I was Burley, I'd be phoning the press about all those mysteriously injured players and slagging them all off for being lazy fecks.

How can he do his job when the OF pull out all their players?

See also that Smith is apparently looking for an extension to the season to fufill their fixture backlog. A fixture backlog that was created by their own failings.

Bet he gets it as well.

Lol, talk about maroon tinted specs :) A while back I remember lots of people not even giving a toss about the international games. Now we're up in arms over a friendly because some Rankgers players have dropped out?

I guarantee if we were top of the league and had that sort of game coming up, we'd be delighted if our guys pulled out. Besides, how many games have they played anyway thanks to europe, the league and the two cups?

This latest "outrage" doesn't even affect us directly. We seem to be more and more obsessed on here by what the OF do by the week.

Lol, talk about maroon tinted specs :) A while back I remember lots of people not even giving a toss about the international games. Now we're up in arms over a friendly because some Rankgers players have dropped out?

I guarantee if we were top of the league and had that sort of game coming up, we'd be delighted if our guys pulled out. Besides, how many games have they played anyway thanks to europe, the league and the two cups?

This latest "outrage" doesn't even affect us directly. We seem to be more and more obsessed on here by what the OF do by the week.

Sorry, but if you want to play at the top level, you will always play more games.

Tough luck. These guys should not play on Saturday, or the next international. They're feigning injury, is that not a yellow card?:rolleyes:

They get away with it all too often. If you dont want to pay for the national team DONT, but you cannot pick and choose to when it suits you.

Sorry, but if you want to play at the top level, you will always play more games.

Tough luck. These guys should not play on Saturday, or the next international. They're feigning injury, is that not a yellow card?:rolleyes:

They get away with it all too often. If you dont want to pay for the national team DONT, but you cannot pick and choose to when it suits you.

Who knows what's been said behind the scenes and between managers, clubs and the players though. I thought when Burley was first appointed he said that didn't expect to pick a lot of the OF players for his first game in charge because of their club schedules anyway? That's why I was surprised to see guys like Weir and Dailly in particular being picked.

Are they feigning injury? We don't know that for sure. There's a big difference between feigning injury and having a knock, strain or just sore legs following a game and knowing that you need rest to make the next league game. Let's see what Burley says about the whole thing.

Sorry, but the fixture schedule is a mess and I don't know why they're playing a friendly this week in the first place.

Who knows what's been said behind the scenes and between managers, clubs and the players though. I thought when Burley was first appointed he said that didn't expect to pick a lot of the OF players for his first game in charge because of their club schedules anyway? That's why I was surprised to see guys like Weir and Dailly in particular being picked.

Are they feigning injury? We don't know that for sure. There's a big difference between feigning injury and having a knock, strain or just sore legs following a game and knowing that you need rest to make the next league game. Let's see what Burley says about the whole thing.

Sorry, but the fixture schedule is a mess and I don't know why they're playing a friendly this week in the first place.

I think because of FIFA they have to.

I find it very unlikely that all the players who just happen to play for the OF seem to have injuries, niggles or knocks. All of which will be fine for Saturday.

Its a farce. They get away with it far too often.

ToadKiller Dog

just mentioned on sky sports that Man utd Darren Fletcher is joining up with the scotland team even after missing the game yesterday with a virus,whats wrong with the crab again?.

Burley seems to be playing it friendly towards the uglies which is to be expected,as the old firm could make his job impossible if he spoke out.

I am led to believe that three of the four will play this weekend. Only one of them has a serious injury, one that will keep him out for weeks.

Trust your uncle Husref. ;)

Weird how Whittiker,Thomson and Burke wer'nt included in the squad either and here was me thinking Walter had left Scotland ;)

McGregor has pulled out now as well.

Glad to see that this Hun filth will not be in the number 1 jersey.

i know i was happy about that too. waste of space that he is.

even if it was an important match does anyone actually care about back-pass barry and that donkey mcculloch? i dont think we'd miss any of the players mentioned.

crazy_jambo_2006

I hope Burley ditches Barry as captain and chooses a new captain on a permenant basis. Darren Fletcher or Scott Brown (anti Celtic and Hibs glasses off here) would do for me.

David Beckham has been "kicked in the balls" by England a few times over the years and yet he still has the passion and the commitment to fly thousands of miles to play for England. Our "great" Captain, Barry Ferguson, can't be bothered playing in Burley's first game!!!! It's a complete disgrace. Where's your passion, Ferguson???? You're a disgrace.

Has Keane withdrawn Craig Gordon? No. But he's essential to Sunderland staying in the Premier League.

Has Strachan withdrawn Scott Brown? No (not yet anyway)

Would you take a day off if you had a new boss?

I agree the timing of the Scotland game is not ideal. But Barry Ned could've played 20 minutes - a token gesture that would have shown he is committed to the new era under Burley.

If he misses the Old Firm game, I will retract the above.

john brownlee
Difference is the Gers players play for the club they support- they want to play for Rangers not Scotland.

Unfortunately our players couldnt give a toss for the club and would much rather return home to play for their country.

that's because they are not blinkers in a parochial Scottish way and can see past the squirm and see it as an honour to play for their country not like some Scots that would play for another country on misguided loyalty to their supporters. or fyne injury because the GFA is so week and know that it will be brushed aside, shame on burly, but hey did he not learn that at Tynecastle don't cross the paymaster. He will toe the old squirm line . and I bet they will all be back for the important games even if their understudies preformed well

GfA select can gtf

At least Mr Romanove never publicly humiliated burley like smithy has

code of silence

Archived