Ferguson, McCulloch & Dailly.....

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

...... have all pulled out the Scotland sqaud claiming they are all injured. Strangely enough all 3 are expected to be fit in time for the Old Firm game on Saturday.

Pathetic. Ferguson beats the drum of national pride every time we have a big game coming up. You cant pick up a newspaper without reading him spouting off. Funny when its a friendly and his club team are having a good season he doesnt fancy it and he doesnt seem quite so patriotic.

Its an age old argument but surely something has to be done. If they cant pay Wednesday then they shouldnt be allowed to play on Saturday. Or more to the point Burley should tell them not to bother turning up for the next qualifier.

I find it hard to get worked up about the national team sometimes but its no wonder when the players treat the whole thing with some contempt. If they cant be arsed why should I

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every time Scotland have a friendly game, Bazza the Ned is "injured".

He's been doing this for years now.

Lazy fecker.

loveofthegame

It really is no surprise with what is an absolutely massive game on Sat. Not very subtle on Rangers part but what can you do?! Gives other players a chance for Scotland, and it is after all only a friendly.

If it was us in there position i wouldnt want any of our best players getting injured playing in a nothing game for Scotland on the eve of Sat

Not surprised.

A massive SPL game coming up on saturday, a meaningless international friendly on Wednesday.

I'd be wanting the Hearts players withdrawn on Wednesday if we had such an important run of games coming up too.

Who cares about a meaningless friendly against Croatia? The TA certainly don't with only 20,000 tickets sold.

Rangers have some huge games coming up and its critical these guys are fit for them. ;)

...... have all pulled out the Scotland sqaud claiming they are all injured. Strangely enough all 3 are expected to be fit in time for the Old Firm game on Saturday.

Pathetic. Ferguson beats the drum of national pride every time we have a big game coming up. You cant pick up a newspaper without reading him spouting off. Funny when its a friendly and his club team are having a good season he doesnt fancy it and he doesnt seem quite so patriotic.

Its an age old argument but surely something has to be done. If they cant pay Wednesday then they shouldnt be allowed to play on Saturday. Or more to the point Burley should tell them not to bother turning up for the next qualifier.

I find it hard to get worked up about the national team sometimes but its no wonder when the players treat the whole thing with some contempt. If they cant be arsed why should I

I may be wrong but im sure there are procedures in place where the FA can refuse to let the players play withina certain amount of days after the international?

Remember Domenech was holding Chelsea and Makalele to ransom using that rule

a meaningless international friendly on Wednesday.

I don't think Burley would see it that way, it's his first game in charge.

The TA would beg to differ. Just over a third of tickets sold. What happened to all the bravehearts. :rolleyes:

crazy_jambo_2006

I nearly posted on here a few days ago what are the odds that Barry pulls out of the Scotland squad? Maybe I should've put a bet on down the bookies. Absolutely typical. He's our Scotland captain!!!! I hope that Burley picks a new captain, not some ned who picks and chooses his games.

chester copperpot

True.

Aren't all Scotland matches meaningless? ;)

I nearly posted on here a few days ago what are the odds that Barry pulls out of the Scotland squad? Maybe I should've put a bet on down the bookies. Absolutely typical. He's our Scotland captain!!!! I hope that Burley picks a new captain, not some ned who picks and chooses his games.

Burley will build the team around BF. Whats the alternative the likes of Mikey Stewart. :mw_rolleyes:

I hope Berra starts as this will increase his value. I think he only has a couple of years left on his contract so it might be best to cash in now.

Ferguson has 43 caps. I can't remember him pulling out of many Scotland games but as others have said, it is only Scotland so no big deal.

crazy_jambo_2006

Build the team around someone who is committed to Scotland!!! Country before Club any day. OK, he has the Old Firm game on Sat. But he could've played 45 minutes on Wed. What signal does it give out when our captain calls off for the first game under new management? If he's injured, then ok. But it does seem very coincidental before the Old Firm game.

I just regret the day that boy got the Scotland captaincy. The player I dislike more than any other.

Allan McGregor has also now been pulled out the squad. :)

I hope he recovers from his injury in time to play Celtic. ;)

Yes. :) Also hope Dailly, Barry F and McCulloch also recover for Saturday. ;)

McGregor has pulled out now as well.

Glad to see that this Hun filth will not be in the number 1 jersey.

AM will be gutted to hear this NOT. :mw_rolleyes:

It's amazing what the docs and medical technology can do now. ;)

loveofthegame

Haha McGregor too know with an 'unknown' injury!! They're really not being subtle now!

Give it an hour and the Celtic players will be falling like flies!

Dr. Bapswent

Makes me sick.

Once again shows the Old boy establishment has its say over the National squad.

I bet they will all be fine for the OF game.

I suggest from now on we dont count the points played in any other game during the season, and all the other teams play each other just for fun.

Instead the league is decided only on the results of the OF games, after all, thats what the NATION wants to see isnt it?

The rest of the games played are just not important.

Did I not hear the OF managers on the readio the other day talking about how the SPL was a joke elsewhere, how it cant attract talent?

Im not surprised, even the 2 biggest teams in the SPL de-value the national squad.

Totally unacceptable.

Haha McGregor too know with an 'unknown' injury!! They're really not being subtle now!

He he. I'm surprised WGT has been so slow. ;)

loveofthegame
Makes me sick.

Once again shows the Old boy establishment has its say over the National squad.

I bet they will all be fine for the OF game.

I suggest from now on we dont count the points played in any other game during the season, and all the other teams play each other just for fun.

Instead the league is decided only on the results of the OF games, after all, thats what the NATION wants to see isnt it?

The rest of the games played are just not important.

Well not really because if the OF dont beat all of us 'provincial' clubs consistently (**** off Scotsport SPhell) then its the OF games that are meaningless.

(although i accept you may well be saying that slightly tongue-in-cheek)

Hope Celtic stuff the tubes now.

As others have said - the international captain pulling out of the new manager's first game in charge is embarrasing.

loveofthegame

As others have said - the international captain pulling out of the new manager's first game in charge is embarrasing.

I never hope Celtic stuff anyone (Hibs in the Scottish Cup apart...)

Supporting the sellick is something I would NEVER do...........;)

Dr. Bapswent
Well not really because if the OF dont beat all of us 'provincial' clubs consistently (**** off Scotsport SPhell) then its the OF games that are meaningless.

(although i accept you may well be saying that slightly tongue-in-cheek)

Never! ;)

Supporting the sellick is something I would NEVER do...........;)

But you're more than happy to support the other smelly weegie fuds who constantly belittle and damage Hearts.

Bizarre.

Boab Mugabe
The TA would beg to differ. Just over a third of tickets sold. What happened to all the bravehearts. :rolleyes:

A few bandwagons broke down after the Italy game on the M8 I hear... :eek:

captain passback is at it all the time. I think Burley should make an example of him, he is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is- Brown, Fletcher and Hartley are all better, in fact even quashie is better if he is still alive.

Definetly not a captain

If you want Rangers to win, would you not rather they played a decent keeper? :rolleyes:

Bindy Badgy

I don't a problem with players dropping out of the odd friendly if they have big game a few days later. If Hearts were in that position I'd want our players to drop out.

However, I did have a problem when Hutton et all dropped out of the Georgia game as it was a very important competitive match. I would also have a problem if they started dropping out of every friendly in the way that Ryan Giggs used to. If memory serves he was "injured" for every Wales friendly over a two year period.

captain passback is at it all the time. I think Burley should make an example of him, he is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is- Brown, Fletcher and Hartley are all better, in fact even quashie is better if he is still alive.

Definetly not a captain

:mw_rolleyes:

A few bandwagons broke down after the Italy game on the M8 I hear... :eek:

Hehe. Yes the bubble certainly did pop after that one. :mw_rolleyes:

Preston Jambo

It's a pity we can't withdraw the likes of Kingston & Pinilla from Ghana & Chile's games even when thier clearly not match fit.

ToadKiller Dog

just what i was thinking.

Poor Burley once again made to look a fool ,first Gordon Smiths look at me press conference,then making him appear the fool in countless sponsorship adverts,now the **** from weedge start shafting him,and they will give Walter Smith a knighthood in a few years no doubt.

hope all four of der hun explode in there own crapulence

loveofthegame

Definetly not a captain

Fletcher yes, Brown, Hartley or Quashie no chance. Your dislike for the man clouds your judgement of his undoubted ability. Not ever gonna be a superstar who beats 5 players and pings it into the top corner but clearly a good footballer.

Also a great leader at Rangers, loved by their fans, his manager and his teammates. Drives them on and plays with a bit of passion. Berra could do with looking at him.

He's a ned but hes doing what he loves for the club he loves, fair play

loveofthegame
It's a pity we can't withdraw the likes of Kingston & Pinilla from Ghana & Chile's games even when thier clearly not match fit.

Difference is the Gers players play for the club they support- they want to play for Rangers not Scotland.

Unfortunately our players couldnt give a toss for the club and would much rather return home to play for their country.

Difference is the Gers players play for the club they support- they want to play for Rangers not Scotland.

Unfortunately our players couldnt give a toss for the club and would much rather return home to play for their country.

Are you trying to say Dailly will have withdrawn by choice?

I hope Burley calls up Weir and Burke just to **** them off.

loveofthegame
Are you trying to say Dailly will have withdrawn by choice?

I hope Burley calls up Weir and Burke just to **** them off.

It would not surprise me:

Smith: 'Christian at your age id rather we pulled you out of Weds meaningless friendly to keep you fresh for Sats massive game. Great chance for you to get yourself a league winners medal'

CD: '**** off boss, i wanna play on Wed, its GB's first game in charge dont you know....'

I dont know where CD's allegiances lie in terms of who he supports but it may well be Rangers. Regardless, its Rangers who pay his wages so his current loyalties will lie with them over a friendly.

Where it a qualifier it'd be a completely different scenario, as was shown earlier in the season when the OF cancelled their games pre-Italy.

But granted it would be very interesting if GB did call up Weir and Burke. However i firmly believe GB will understand the situation, may not be happy about it but will understand, and will not want to get into a position this early where his relationship with the OF managers is strained in any way

Whilst I understand them doing it, this is wrong.

Why do they just not be honest, instead of lying, and then claiming how proud they are to represent their country.

OmiyaHearts

If we had a game as important as rangers and we had 3 decent players due to play a friendly then I would want them to pull out as well.

Barry Robson has been pulled out by the smellies...........no injury menioned as yet.........he must be in line to play on Saturday...........:P:mw_rolleyes:

It would not surprise me:

Smith: 'Christian at your age id rather we pulled you out of Weds meaningless friendly to keep you fresh for Sats massive game. Great chance for you to get yourself a league winners medal'

CD: '**** off boss, i wanna play on Wed, its GB's first game in charge dont you know....'

I dont know where CD's allegiances lie in terms of who he supports but it may well be Rangers. Regardless, its Rangers who pay his wages so his current loyalties will lie with them over a friendly.

Where it a qualifier it'd be a completely different scenario, as was shown earlier in the season when the OF cancelled their games pre-Italy.

But granted it would be very interesting if GB did call up Weir and Burke. However i firmly believe GB will understand the situation, may not be happy about it but will understand, and will not want to get into a position this early where his relationship with the OF managers is strained in any way

CD would cut off an arm to play for Scotland. In any game. He will have been told he is not allowed to play.

Makes a mockery of the national team. How are the players supposed to prepare for the official games when the supposed most important players can't be arsed turning up for friendlies.

ToadKiller Dog

I thought McGregor was a jambo?

don't think thats fair .Kingston asked to join up late for the Ghanaian ANC meet up they turned him down,our other big Lithuanian internationals have never made a fuss in fact got sent back at one point as they were not fit enough.

The Real Difference is that Hearts have a respect for the international game the ugly sisters don't give a feck about anyone but themselves,they will all be fit in time for the glamor Holland games .

CD would cut off an arm to play for Scotland. In any game. He will have been told he is not allowed to play.

Makes a mockery of the national team. How are the players supposed to prepare for the official games when the supposed most important players can't be arsed turning up for friendlies.

CD will be much more concerned about making his OF debut on Saturday than some meaningless friendly against the Croats. :)

Archived