Trainer thread.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Everyone has had a couple of pairs that are unavailable now that they would to be able to buy again... Times change and so do trends but some transcend the sands of time, what were your best moments in gutty...

Early doors when I was a nipper it was Air Max, Reebok Pump and Air Jordan, then there was the honkin LA Gear/British Knights/ skater-boy nonsense days and somewherein amongst there, there was bound to bo one spoilt wee laddie from school who had a pair of 100 odd bucks nike Air 180s... In the late nineties there was also a brief trend for weird leather Diesel trainies which were both hit and miss... but we moved on and eventually less bacame more again with the revival of the simple Adidas and Nike canvas/leather/swead trainers and things were right again in the universe.

Here are some of my faves over the decades...

Jordan phase... as a kid...

nib-air-jordan-retro-6-black-red-vi-xi-dmp-43611.jpg

Mid nineties...

adidas%20eb.JPG

Back to Nike around the same time... these were smart but fell apart too easily...

xl378339411.jpg

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Best recent ones from early naughties onwards...

superstar_wt_tartan_med.jpg

:thumbsup:

20100901094300LDcQ0gSA.jpg

What are anyone's current or long lost favourites. :)

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The checked superstars are howfing. Proper Ned Bird outside the chippy trainers.

No way! :lol:

Only if she half-inched them or saved up her giro.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Can't really remember trainers but my 2nd pair of fitbaw 'togs' were

adidas-predator-1.jpg

Sexual Chocolate

Predators... I remember them looking sleeker back then. :ermm:

BoJack Horseman

No way! :lol:

Only if she half-inched them or saved up her giro.

He has a point. Those trainers were used to take the bairn for walk in the pram.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

He has a point. Those trainers were used to take the bairn for walk in the pram.

:D

Right... We have successfully concluded that my dearly departed checked shell-toes are not a huge hit outside chavvy chippies and Mothy towers but, the point in the thread was to relive some past trainer trends, what were your highs :thumbsup: and lows. :ermm:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

AAAAAtbX-dUAAAAAAVnTyQ.jpg?v=1223250203000

The gold bit does look a bit 'chav' but i loved these trainers. Stopped making them or i'd just keep buying these

Not keen on the gold, as stated.

Guest C00l K1d

Not keen on the gold, as stated.

After a bit the shine wears of so it doesn't look so bad. I have 2 holes in the bottom of the shoe, on the rubber bit. Is it possible to get that fixed does anyone know? or are they cuffed for good

I had a cool pair of Adidas Tennis TCs that I can't find any where. Traditional adidas original colours with a perforated toe. I'd give my right bollock for another pair.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

After a bit the shine wears of so it doesn't look so bad. I have 2 holes in the bottom of the shoe, on the rubber bit. Is it possible to get that fixed does anyone know? or are they cuffed for good

Dunno, hope so, I have a pair of -no longer made- Rockport suede mocasins that have a hole in the bottom too but are otherwise still pretty mint... Sad... :sweat:

BoJack Horseman

Dunno, hope so, I have a pair of -no longer made- Rockport suede mocasins that have a hole in the bottom too but are otherwise still pretty mint... Sad... :sweat:

:vrface:

I'm now getting a sense of your style Mothy. It's nae gid.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

:vrface:

I'm now getting a sense of your style Mothy. It's nae gid.

Oh c'mon... You have a problem with moccies too? :lol:

I would have them up and running again in seconds if they were not goosed. :sweat:

Alas... no image available... Tried but no success... loved those boots. :D

BoJack Horseman

Oh c'mon... You have a problem with moccies too? :lol:

I would have them up and running again in seconds if they were not goosed. :sweat:

Alas... no image available... Tried but no success... loved those boots. :D

I've got a problem with them in this day and age, aye. I sported a pair when I was 15 mind.

Classic - Everyone should have a pair of each of these.....

stan_smith_wblk_med.jpg

Stan Smiths. Now there's a classic trainer.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I've got a problem with them in this day and age, aye. I sported a pair when I was 15 mind.

:angry:

Stan Smiths. Now there's a classic trainer.

Had a pair of those,classic, understated and very cool. :thumbsup:

BoJack Horseman

Had a pair of those,classic, understated and very cool. :thumbsup:

Bet you rocked a mean Samba as well eh?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Bet you rocked a mean Samba as well eh?

Never had a pair of Samba...gazelle, campus, shelltoe and the afore-mentioned Stan Smiths. Not keen on Sambas personally.:ermm:

Never had a pair of Samba...gazelle, campus, shelltoe and the afore-mentioned Stan Smiths. Not keen on Sambas personally.:ermm:

As a primary school nipper in the mid-eighties there were a few pairs of gutties that stick out in memory:

Adidas Kicks (Black Leather, white Addidas stripes, gum sole..I think)

Puma Match (Black Leather, white Puma stripe, gum soles...similar to a Puma King footy boot I suppose but in trainers! Fell to bits easy as)

Nike Division (Black Leather, White Nike stripe...almost an 80's indoor football trainer if you like)

Nike Firestrike (Similar to the Nike Division but the stripe was either luminous yellow or luminous orange..with big NIKE lettering on the heels - these were the dogs dangles)

Cant be bothered Google imaging the above soles...but these are the ones that have a place in my heart as a mid 80's kid!

Favourite ever trainers were a pair of black addidas kaisers with light blue stripes! Can only get the horrible brown or black and white versions now :angry:

Always liked Stan Smiths looks wise but they always gave me blisters on my heel for some reason!

I've lost 2 pairs of trainers in the last year. :down:

No idea how. I take them off in the porch and thats where they should be.

I've hunted high and low and they're gone. Its annoying.

rucanor baseball boot

tried a google search but no pics

I had both the white , better quality material, and the black ones, flimsy material. I still preferred the black ones though.

BoJack Horseman

Reebok Classics FTW.

g5.jpg

Not chavvy at all.

Reebok Classics were the chaviest of the lot!

Not going to lie guys, I wear them gym shoes.

Late 80's I had a pair or LA gears

When I was at High school it was Gazelles for me our school uniform was navy so had navy and white ones.

Then when I left school I had a job in JD sports for a while used to spend most of my wages on limited edition trainers lol.

Particular favs were adidas shell toes and had a pair of Nike runners that were Team USA must have been for olympics or something.

At mo looking for a new pair thinking once better weather is here about getting me some converse :)

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Reebok Classics were the chaviest of the lot!

Not going to lie guys, I wear them gym shoes.

What? They wee Fred Perry numbers? I just cannae get in to them at all... They just seem wrong somehow. :ermm:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Nike Air TW. My first Nike Airs in 1990.

Air_Trainer_TW_Lite_White_Grey_Cherry_002.jpg

I had those!

Loved them... The stitching and swoosh on mine were red though. they later came out with some gaudy yellow, black and green TW's that were a total let down. :(

The People's Chimp

I had those!

Loved them... The stitching and swoosh on mine were red though. they later came out with some gaudy yellow, black and green TW's that were a total let down. :(

So comfy. Loved them at the time. I'd have been about 10. I remember it was such a big deal I eventually got nike airs. I think I'd been at a scout camp or something and my trainers had been wrecked in the water when canoeing, my bro had had a terrible asthma attack and so my mum took me and my brother up the town to get new trainers and we both got nike airs. Remember being ridiculously chuffed and fairly confident I'd be getting the BURSD at school the next day.

BoJack Horseman

What? They wee Fred Perry numbers? I just cannae get in to them at all... They just seem wrong somehow. :ermm:

Naw, I'm not a brand whore. White plimsolls for me. River Island usually. Republic ones on my feet at the moment. Cost me ?17. Don't see the point in spending so much on trainers I wear during the day.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Naw, I'm not a brand whore. White plimsolls for me. River Island usually. Republic ones on my feet at the moment. Cost me ?17. Don't see the point in spending so much on trainers I wear during the day.

Fair enough, each to their own and probably pretty trendy with the young guys right now but... On that score?... I am glad to be old and unfashionable, dinnae get the tight jeans and rubbers thing at all. :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

So comfy. Loved them at the time. I'd have been about 10. I remember it was such a big deal I eventually got nike airs. I think I'd been at a scout camp or something and my trainers had been wrecked in the water when canoeing, my bro had had a terrible asthma attack and so my mum took me and my brother up the town to get new trainers and we both got nike airs. Remember being ridiculously chuffed and fairly confident I'd be getting the BURSD at school the next day.

"... Girls don't like boys, Girls like trainers and money... "

:lol:

Archived