Kello is Czech

JennytheJambo

JennytheJambo

Don't know if anyone else heard it but the match report tonight on Reporting Scotland after Kello pulling of the save from Lafferty "the Czech stopper" someone should tell them he is Slovakian. Just typical!

He was Lithuanian according to some other report a while ago...

But they caught on to that mistake pretty quickly, and asked him at the next press conference if he was Slovakian or Slovenian...

But they caught on to that mistake pretty quickly, and asked him at the next press conference if he was Slovakian or Slovenian...

Only the Scottish press could be so ignorant :vrface:

alwaysthereinspirit

Don't know if anyone else heard it but the match report tonight on Reporting Scotland after Kello pulling of the save from Lafferty "the Czech stopper" someone should tell them he is Slovakian. Just typical!

Czech, Slovakian or Lithuanian. Who cares, this is Scotland ya bass. Get over it.:whistling: That and the fact he doesn't play for one of the OF. So no harm done.

The same lot who couldn't pronounce Boruc, Goncalves, Malofeev or spell Petrov's first name correctly and thought Eggert was the latest in a long line of faceless characters at Tynecastle! :rolleyes:

pettigrewsstylist

He was Lithuanian according to some other report a while ago...

<_<

so was Rudi,,,,,,,,,,absolute ned retards in suits

That is as bad as calling a Scot, English. In fact, more so!

Thank **** he doesn't play for either of the ugly sisters....this couldve been a beamer for the weegie press.

phew, lucky escape there lads...

Slovakia gained independance from the old Czechoslovakia in the early 90's.

At birth he would have been Czech.

Typical eh...

:thumbsup:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Agree about everything written about Kello on this thread. However, bashing Scots in general is a bit harsh and saying "this would only happen in Scotland" is absurd. There aren't many nationalities in the world who suffer more geo-political ignorance than we do.

At birth, he'd have been a Slovak born in Czechoslovakia. Unless his family were of Czech ethnicity.

At birth, he'd have been a Slovak born in Czechoslovakia. Unless his family were of Czech ethnicity.

Correct.......although he may be ethnic polish, hungarian, ukranian, jewish, romany, german as well.....they all bide in the wonderland of Slovakia.

Typical eh...

As someone points out, he would have been Czechoslovakian, and may have simply considered himself Slovak (if he thought about that sort of thing before he was ten).

And Slovakia didn't gain independence from anywhere - Czechoslovakia split into two countries, and ceased to exist.

The same lot who couldn't pronounce Boruc, Goncalves, Malofeev or spell Petrov's first name correctly and thought Eggert was the latest in a long line of faceless characters at Tynecastle! :rolleyes:

Watching the Rangers game on Saturday, Eggy's name was pronounced 'johnson' and not 'yonsson'. It took me a bit to work out who they were referring to.

The media are lazy and rarely bother to do their homework these days.

As someone points out, he would have been Czechoslovakian, and may have simply considered himself Slovak (if he thought about that sort of thing before he was ten).

And Slovakia didn't gain independence from anywhere - Czechoslovakia split into two countries, and ceased to exist.

Correct!

Again the analogy:

I was born British ---Kello, Czechoslovakian

I am a Scot, never English --- Kello, a Slovak, never Czech.

PS The Scottish media, with few exceptions, wouldn't have got an 'A' level 50 years ago!

Tynecastle, September 2006.

Reporter to Pus MacPherson: "Ha ha, so Gus mate, what did Roman Bednar say to you on the way past"

Pus: "I don't know, I don't speak Lithuanian".

Reporter: "Ha ha, nice one Gus, I so do love your pure working class-ness and Weegie patter".

Czechoslovakian or Slovak but never Czech. Similarly, I am British or Scottish but never English.

Kello was born in 1982 in Gelnica in the Slovakian south east region of Ko?ice next to the Ukraine border.

Slovakia and the Czech Rep split on 1st Jan 1993 when Kello would be 10 yrs old. I suspect he has always considered himself, even under unification, Slovak.

The confusion in our media may have occurred due to Kello playing with the Czech team FC Vitkovice from 2002 to 2006 prior to joining FBK Kaunus.

As we are all now part of the EU I see this debate superfluous.

Archived