Billy Brown

Johanes de Silentio

Johanes de Silentio

Very positive, but says we're not looking to bring anyone in, and that they think we can get by with what he have.

Also confirmed that Roman Bednar has been nowhere near our training ground recently! :lol:

Not much new there, tbh, but a good, positive interview from BB! :thumbsup:

Very positive, but says we're not looking to bring anyone in, and that they think we can get by with what he have.

Also confirmed that Roman Bednar has been nowhere near our training ground recently! :lol:

Aye, sounded quite relaxed about things and came over well.

Also somebody really wants their arse booted for cooking up that Bednar pesh :verymad:

I hope he didnt use the phrase "GET BY"

"GET BY" when we're in a challenging position. FFS Billy say "we're very happy with the squad" or something a bit more positive than 'GET BY" It suggests you havent even looked at the league table.

Maybe its all part of the subtle 'keep the feet on the ground' campaign we're running of course

Johanes de Silentio

I hope he didnt use the phrase "GET BY"

"GET BY" when we're in a challenging position. FFS Billy say "we're very happy with the squad" or something a bit more positive than 'GET BY" It suggests you havent even looked at the league table.

Maybe its all part of the subtle 'keep the feet on the ground' campaign we're running of course

I think he did actually use the words "get by" - let's not deconstruct a throwaway interview - it was very positive! :thumbsup:

I think he did actually use the words "get by" - let's not deconstruct a throwaway interview - it was very positive! :thumbsup:

Okay, I was being picky due to mild disappointment that we're not looking like bolstering the squad a wee bit I suppose.

Nucky Thompson

I think it's a bluff and we're stringing the OF along. Expect a couple of quality signings on the last day :whistling:

I think it's a bluff and we're stringing the OF along. Expect a couple of quality signings on the last day :whistling:

Wouldnt put it past them, but only if we beat Celtic.

Johanes de Silentio

Okay, I was being picky due to mild disappointment that we're not looking like bolstering the squad a wee bit I suppose.

Someone had texted in to ask about signing a striker as cover for KK - BB said that we can't just go out and sign a replacement every time a player gets injured - he mentioned that Gary Glen is hungry, that we have a big squad, and that "the players believe in themselves and each other".

- he mentioned that Gary Glen is hungry

Feed the **** then. Dont FFS put him near our first team again. :whistling: :whistling:

Francis Albert

Someone had texted in to ask about signing a striker as cover for KK - BB said that we can't just go out and sign a replacement every time a player gets injured - he mentioned that Gary Glen is hungry, that we have a big squad, and that "the players believe in themselves and each other".

... recognising that in our likely price range there is no guarantee that new signings now would improve the squad ... and always a risk they would upset the current squad's equilibrium?

... recognising that in our likely price range there is no guarantee that new signings now would improve the squad ... and always a risk they would upset the current squad's equilibrium?

Probably true. Really should have signed another one in the summer. Too much of a lottery now at our spending level given whats probably available for the money we have

No danger we're signing anyone.

Saying Glen can deputise for KK is bloody nonsense.

Ah well, our boys will just have to get their shooting boots on and win the next 16 games!

MON THE HERTS!

portobellojambo1

I'm led to believe this story may have appeared on here via comments on a Twitter page, where the person's logonid included Rudi Skacel's name. As it was put to me on Saturday night Rudi Skacel doesn't even know what the feck Twitter is.

As for the story about another striker potentially coming on loan this wouldn't be confirmed or denied, even by Middlesbrough, who received a call during Saturday's game. The only words used were "could happen" and "don't discount it".

I think HMFC deserve to be applauded if they are looking at players but managing to keep it well away from the press. It's the way business should be done, and BB's statement can be read two ways, either we ain't going to bring in anyone or if we are we certainly ain't telling anyone before it happens.

Hearts of Vladland

Feed the **** then. Dont FFS put him near our first team again. :whistling: :whistling:

Can I ask you and other that are slating GG what Temps had achieved at Gary age? Temps had only had one or two first team cameos and other than that one run against Aberdeen had hardly set the heather alight, yes in the reserves but did Glen not also have a great scoring record in either the U19s or reserves?

i think these comments are spot on and just what we want to hear !

"Big Kevin is a loss to us, but every time you get an injury, you can't just go and get another player.

"If we wanted a player, there would be no problem I think. The support we have had from the owner of the club has been magnificent.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/9372565.stm

I've said in the past, that GG will get goals and his 2 outings last week i think he did well, playing 2 small guys upfront can work if they make the right runs which both Elliott and Glen seems to do.

Archived