Celtic give us bigger allocation

DocBrown

the already allocated Hearts tickets have sold out but Celtic have given us 200 more to buy from the ticket office at 9am tomorrow!!

looking like we are bringing a great support!

:thumbsup:

We_are_the_Hearts

When we played them away in 1986 in similair circumstances we took over 10,000 as had the whole Rangers end. Robbo got the equaliser driving the ball past fat Peter Latchford and the place went mental, can mind the old boy making sure I never got trodden on!!!

Shows you how much people have got out of the habit of going through there nowadays.

How much are these tickets? probably the ones with restricted views.

Without checking, the restricted views are the ones closest to the tunnel on the left hand side. Hopefully these seats are heading towards the golas with full view.

Shows you how much people have got out of the habit of going through there nowadays.

To be fair, in those days it probably wasn't ?25 a ticket! <_<

Drewjambobusby

When we played them away in 1986 in similair circumstances we took over 10,000 as had the whole Rangers end. Robbo got the equaliser driving the ball past fat Peter Latchford and the place went mental, can mind the old boy making sure I never got trodden on!!!

Aye remember that well. Remember the 2-1 game when Crabbo scored a beauty (his favourite goal by the way)and Miller scored the second. Place was rocking and packed. Remember both goals quite close together and hardly had time to catch my breath !! :thumbsup:

mahgrassyshoes

How much are these tickets? probably the ones with restricted views.

Without checking, the restricted views are the ones closest to the tunnel on the left hand side. Hopefully these seats are heading towards the golas with full view.

The restricted view tickets are ?15, but i would expect that the new batch will be closer to the goals with a better view because that's the only way it can go. However, it seems to be everytime we go there all the seats are restricted view because you have no depth perception or you've got some penis of a steward/policeman standing in your way probably very ironically telling yuo not to stand up.

Sexton Hardcastle

Pretty sure it was always 800. They cut it to 600 with poor turn out, so imagine its back to 800.

Bar the Burley year. Im sure there was 1000+?

Ah memories, great day

Hearts had a tremendous away support in these days, top drawer.

Charlie-Brown

From memory the only twice we got the entire Rangers end at Celtic park was for Scottish Cup games; QF v Celtic in the early 80's we lost 4-1 and in the early 90's SF v Rangers lost 2-1 .... all the games mentioned above we only got 1 or 2 of the 3 sections that the old Rangers end was split into. Each section still held big numbers though and for some games we defintiely took 10-12K fans through.

Guest juvehearts

Ah memories, great day

Hearts had a tremendous away support in these days, top drawer.

it was ?6-12 a ticket back in those days, the bus thru there was a ?5er a program was ?1, you could take ?20 & still have enough for a chippy from the BBQ on the way up the road

its tripple that now, thats the reason we dont take that many thru to glasgow anymore.

would you want to take your bairn to that pit??

juve

scottish_chicP

I will be phoning at 9am to get four tickets. Anyone know if the extra 200 will be restriced view or not?

I reckon we had 5-6,000 there for the 2-1 game in Jan 1992.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU0qyCnvLaw

Aye and we were crammed in to one section of the away end , great game and one of the best games i have been to for atmosphere.

I was at the top of the terracing and when crabbo scored it was absolute mayhem,

good times

Nelly Terraces

Cannot believe that game was almost 20 years back. Unreal scenes in the packed Hearts end, in the days we?d regularly take at least 5000+ to aways at both the old squirm pits. Remember going to darkheid once on a Wed night and we ?only? had a bout 3000 there and being gutted at the turnout.

As for Weds game at the Tattiebowl, I?m in a right dilemma. Sorely tempted to make it along there, but part of me says if I go, we?ll get beat, if I stay away, we?ll roll them over. It?s kinda the old ?if I don?t take ma brolly wi me it?ll rain? syndrome haha!! I haven?t been back since we lost in the last seconds of ET when Craigie G made his 1 and only fark up in a Hearts shirt. Spewing.

The Treasurer

The restricted view tickets are ?15,

Restricted view are ?25

We always go for those seats as they are as far away as it's possible to get from the unwashed

mahgrassyshoes

Restricted view are ?25

We always go for those seats as they are as far away as it's possible to get from the unwashed

Apologies, that was a typing error.

?25!!

Cannot believe that game was almost 20 years back. Unreal scenes in the packed Hearts end, in the days we?d regularly take at least 5000+ to aways at both the old squirm pits. Remember going to darkheid once on a Wed night and we ?only? had a bout 3000 there and being gutted at the turnout.

As for Weds game at the Tattiebowl, I?m in a right dilemma. Sorely tempted to make it along there, but part of me says if I go, we?ll get beat, if I stay away, we?ll roll them over. It?s kinda the old ?if I don?t take ma brolly wi me it?ll rain? syndrome haha!! I haven?t been back since we lost in the last seconds of ET when Craigie G made his 1 and only fark up in a Hearts shirt. Spewing.

GO!! ffs! We're gonna win!

To be fair, in those days it probably wasn't ?25 a ticket! <_<

In 1986

Reasonably sure it was ?2.50 for an adult and ?1.50 for a child with special father and son prices of ?3.50. this was tynecastle though not Celtic park.

Aye remember that well. Remember the 2-1 game when Crabbo scored a beauty (his favourite goal by the way)and Miller scored the second. Place was rocking and packed. Remember both goals quite close together and hardly had time to catch my breath !! :thumbsup:

Think that was the game that my mate flew past us onto the track and started jumping about after one of the goals?you catch a glimse of him wearing a black jacket wi white sleeves,also the fact you were all guarenteed to be with all your mates made the trip all that bit better back then.

This game has to be in my top 5 hearts away days,must have ended up 40 yards from where I was standing after we scored ,bedlam

Keep telling ma laddie about standing terracing-nothing will ever best it!

stirlingshirejambo

it was ?6-12 a ticket back in those days, the bus thru there was a ?5er a program was ?1, you could take ?20 & still have enough for a chippy from the BBQ on the way up the road

its tripple that now, thats the reason we dont take that many thru to glasgow anymore.

juve

Your right to some extent the cost is prohibitive and I have to pick and choose my away games because I take my 12 year old. However if I give him the choice Celtic or Hamilton away he will always choose Celtic.

So we will be there on ednesday first time in restricted view though so he might change hs mind after hat.

I reckon we had 5-6,000 there for the 2-1 game in Jan 1992.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU0qyCnvLaw

Superb day that. :thumbsup:

I got a lift through with a few Celtic mates and the journey home was great. :lol: They were spewing.

I remember saying to them Crabbes goal was a peach and they were arguing it took a deflection.

I don't remember us scoring as quickly though after the 1st. My memory is poor.

Just had a txt about extra tickets from a mate. He's already going wether I do or not

Christ i'm really tempted to go through!!!

I hate darkhied and have had some "unpleasent episodes" there but even still.......

Imagine winning there though

I'm off wed and thurs too!!!

Thinking about the credit card as I type..............................

Think that was the game that my mate flew past us onto the track and started jumping about after one of the goals?you catch a glimse of him wearing a black jacket wi white sleeves,also the fact you were all guarenteed to be with all your mates made the trip all that bit better back then.

It was the 2-2 game in 87 i'm thinking of,i was at the other game aswell though.

scott herbertson

I am quite sure we took more than 10,000 through to this one

1972031801.jpg

A memorable evening for me as a 16 year old - missed the goal but spent the next hour in an SMT bus under siege, abandoned by the driver, the police and every one else and bombarded with slabs of paving stone. No windows forthe journey back to Edinburgh but happy times as avoiding defeat there in those days was a near miracle

When we got into the ground there was a pocket of about 500 hearts fans singing at one end of the ground - got half way there and heard a huge noise as the other end started singing the Hearts song - never heard an away support sing so loud for Hearts

juve

...and wages are about three or four times those of the late 80s

Problem Officer?

Who cares about "restricted view", it's one pole, you simply just move your head a little left or right.

The atmosphere is "better" in the restricted area as well as it is further up.

And if you sit in the upper in the main stand at Tynie, you have "restricted view" as there are many poles in the way.

Deal with it.

Great game, in fact, I think that was the last time was at Parkhead to see a Celtic vs Hearts game.

I was 16 at the time and that was the first time I had been to parkhead one of the best away games iv been to

Pretty sure it was always 800. They cut it to 600 with poor turn out, so imagine its back to 800.

Bar the Burley year. Im sure there was 1000+?

Yes - for the first game that season (1-1, Rudi scored), I think our allocation was around 1800. I remember us all singing "we are unbeatable" when we were held back after the game. Apart from that, in recent years we've rarely brought more than 800.

Place was electric that day, Crabbo scored and ran behind the goals to celebrate with us and got booked. Three days earlier McCoist did the same but was in the crowd but nothing happened. Things never change

it was good seeing John Millar's goal again. A player who I felt got a lot of stick from the fans, but also a player who I always liked - he did score a fair few important goals for us. :thumbsup:

Archived