Striker

Smith&Weston

Steven Ireland from Villa. Not a striker but contribute ?20k a week with Villa paying the rest and he'd cost ?300k in total.

Obviously we will only bring in the bare minimum. I still think Robbie is an option. I don't want him but i think JJ does.

At the start of the season you can buy the league but it would cost you a few million, this could be the cheapest league buy ever. I'd also be interested to see what impact it would have on the Old Firm to be out the top two in this current economic climate.

This is obviousy a joke right? Im 99% sure but dont remember your previous posts to know if its irony.

This is obviousy a joke right? Im 99% sure but dont remember your previous posts to know if its irony.

Haha I'm just saying that if I was Vlad I'd take a gamble with ?350k and get a ?20k a week loan deal in. We pay Ruben that amount so take a gamble, why not. Whether that's Steven Ireland who's hating Villa or another player where we only pick up a portion of their wage, why not brass neck it??? Nae cheek nae chance!

I'd love to find Sir Alex having a heart attack and then rush him to hospital, save his life and he makes a full recovery ...

SAF: "Sharon, if there's anything I can do please say ...

SS: "Sir Ec, we've got a chance here to break to Old Firm grip on our game, any chance or three players to help us out"

SAF: "Take your pick"

Drylaw Hearts

Haha I'm just saying that if I was Vlad I'd take a gamble with ?350k and get a ?20k a week loan deal in. We pay Ruben that amount so take a gamble, why not. Whether that's Steven Ireland who's hating Villa or another player where we only pick up a portion of their wage, why not brass neck it??? Nae cheek nae chance!

I'd love to find Sir Alex having a heart attack and then rush him to hospital, save his life and he makes a full recovery ...

SS: "Sir Ec, we've got a chance here to break to Old Firm grip on our game, any chance or three players to help us out"

There is no way Hearts pay Ruben ?20k per week.

We dont pay Ruben 20k. No way. He signed from a Spanish third division side didnt he? And Stephen Ireland?? I love this club as much as the guy on here but there is no way on Gods green earth Stephen Ireland would sign for Hearts. He was one of the top 5 players in the Premiership last year. I worry about us being embarrassed when people say things like this cos people might thinl we actually believe it.

Templeton'sUnderpants

Looking over the suggestions so far, I wouldn't be in to any loan deal and also nothing that breaks the bank. Need to bare in mind that sustainability rules may be just around the corner and so we need to keep an eye on the debt.

John Sutton would indeed be a good shout I would say, same kind of mould and obviously doesnt mind spending some time on the bench.

Bringing in Killen to cover Kyle is a bit pointless since we would then need cover for Killen.

My suggestions, Adam Boyes was recently released from S*****horpe, big lad who holds the ball up though not proven at any real level so would be a risk. Demanded a 6 figure sum to S*****horpe apparently so must be something there you would think.

Ok ok we dont pay Ruben exactly ?20k a week ... his overall package, which includes the house and car as part of the package, is ?19k a week. It's been discussed many a time on here AND John Robertson confirmed it in a newspaper article a few months back.

The Ireland name was simply picked out of thin air, I was simply using him as an example of a player that is very unhappy where he is and maybe it's a player (or any other player) we could cover a third of his wages. Why can't we do what Celtic and Rangers do? They don't pay these loan players ?60K a week, yip they pay a portion of it. My point being, why can't we approach somebody currently out of favour and splashing some cash on a chunk of their wage if it's going to bring, quality and experience through this tough run we're going to have.

Roman Bednar is constantly mentioned on here, do you really think if he came on loan we'd match his current wages? Lee Miller? Do you really think we'd match his current wages? Aye aye of course we would. Kris Boyd?? How would that ever happen on loan ... matching his current wage? No, I didn't think so. Just because I picked a name out of thin air that should be taken as gospel, I was just using his as the model for my example ... would you have rather I picked Robbie Savage???

You were suggesting that Stephen Ireland was a realistic signing rather than suggesting an unhappy player. Of course i agree getting a player who is good but unhappy is a good option but Ireland is just ridiculous. And yes i realised i could be quoted on the last half of that sentence.

Personally I like the Sutton/Rooney idea with sweeteners of Elliot (permanent) and Glen (loan) going in the other direction. Not fussed which one goes where.

I don't think we need our target man to be quick (Kyle doesn't exactly ask for it over the top) and Rooney would definitely put pressure on Elliott whilst being a good long term investment. Would be happy to have Kyle or Sutton partnering Elliott or Rooney with Temps or Driver providing the ammo.

The Treasurer

So you are telling me it would not make financial sense to take a player on loan if the signing will lead to us winning the league? Winning the league or coming second is a larger difference than the players wages for the 18 weeks they would be here.

Part of the reason the team spirit is better than it's been in years is down to the fact that no-one is on huge wages compared to his team mates.

To bring in a "big-money" loan signing could just upset that balance which is a major factor in the way the team is playing.

mahgrassyshoes

A good shout as an alternative to the 4-2-3-1 we've been playing, which requires a certain type of front man to be successful. I think both are needed but would go with the creative central midfielder as this gives us flexibility. Aguiar would be superb but expensive?

I'm making assumptions here, but i guess what you're saying is the formation requires a target man in the ilk of Kyle? Barcelona seem to do alright in this formation with David Villa playing this position. What we'd need to do to play this formation with Elliott up there is explain to Bouzid that you can't lump it up to a wee man like you can to Kyle. I think the formation worked very well against Killie in the second half with Elliott and Glen switching the top position.

Ps I know the Barcelona link is a bit pish but Villa is wee so it makes my point in this instance!:teehee:

mahgrassyshoes

Stephen Ireland is a good option And yes i realised i could be quoted on that sentence.

:whistling:

Ok ok we dont pay Ruben exactly ?20k a week ... his overall package, which includes the house and car as part of the package, is ?19k a week. It's been discussed many a time on here AND John Robertson confirmed it in a newspaper article a few months back.

The Ireland name was simply picked out of thin air, I was simply using him as an example of a player that is very unhappy where he is and maybe it's a player (or any other player) we could cover a third of his wages. Why can't we do what Celtic and Rangers do? They don't pay these loan players ?60K a week, yip they pay a portion of it. My point being, why can't we approach somebody currently out of favour and splashing some cash on a chunk of their wage if it's going to bring, quality and experience through this tough run we're going to have.

Roman Bednar is constantly mentioned on here, do you really think if he came on loan we'd match his current wages? Lee Miller? Do you really think we'd match his current wages? Aye aye of course we would. Kris Boyd?? How would that ever happen on loan ... matching his current wage? No, I didn't think so. Just because I picked a name out of thin air that should be taken as gospel, I was just using his as the model for my example ... would you have rather I picked Robbie Savage???

I don't believe that for a second. Ruben's agent stated in the media just before we signed him that he had been offered ?6k a week to sign. Even if we are covering the rent on his car and a nice flat you're talking an extra ?2k a month tops.

I don't think he's worth anywhere near ?6k a week to be honest. I'd be trying to move him on now and get Gomis in on half that.

Archived