Striker

Smith&Weston

If we are going to sustain a challenge for the remainder of the season, we need to sign or loan a striker who can compliment this formation we are playing. Without Kyle, it is a problem and I genuinely believe if we signed someone (not Boyd or Bednar) that we can sustain it.

Vlad "This is your chance to topple the football mafia, all we need is another striker"

BELIEVE.

Drylaw Hearts

If we are going to sustain a challenge for the remainder of the season, we need to sign or loan a striker who can compliment this formation we are playing. Without Kyle, it is a problem and I genuinely believe if we signed someone (not Boyd or Bednar) that we can sustain it.

Vlad "This is your chance to topple the football mafia, all we need is another striker"

BELIEVE.

100% agree.

Although I would most certainly take either of the 2 players you don't want.

The signing of a striker could win us the title.

100% agree.

Although I would most certainly take either of the 2 players you don't want.

The signing of a striker could win us the title.

Its not that I don't want them. I just don't think we could realistically get them. There must be a loan option from England that we could explore. When we sold Gordon to Sunderland and Berra to Wolves, we should have formed links with these clubs to get some of their up and coming talent on loan. Look at the progress Motherwell have made with the last 2 strikers they loaned from down south. That Jukewiez was a quality player;

Patrick Bateman

Its not that I don't want them. I just don't think we could realistically get them. There must be a loan option from England that we could explore. When we sold Gordon to Sunderland and Berra to Wolves, we should have formed links with these clubs to get some of their up and coming talent on loan. Look at the progress Motherwell have made with the last 2 strikers they loaned from down south. That Jukewiez was a quality player;

Developing the players of English league clubs does not benefit us in the long term. We are quite right not to bother with loaning players without a view to signing them.

Drylaw Hearts

I agree.

We need to seriously reconsider this policy of not signing 'short-term' loan players.

And quickly.

Drylaw Hearts

Developing the players of English league clubs does not benefit us in the long term. We are quite right not to bother with loaning players without a view to signing them.

It could be the difference between finishing 1st or 3rd.

InNothingWeTrust

Yeah, but there is a lot more money for finishing 1st than 3rd. A short term striker could be the key to getting the more financially lucrative position, in turn giving us more money on hot prospects in the summer.

It could be the difference between finishing 1st or 3rd.

Agreed

Lets not put any more obsticles in the way. Lots of other teams have loan signings and it can benefit us too :angry:

Hearts of Vladland

There is at max 18 weeks of football left so if we got Boyd or someone who could scored in for less than 10k a week in wages that is only 180k which isn't even near the difference between third and second or first.

Ive suggested him a few times but no one ever responded, most likely cos im on my own. But John Sutton is out of contact in the summer. Happy to spend some of he time of the bench. Not a bad goal calibre and could play target man.

This is complete rubbish and 'short sighted'. How you could claim a loan player coming in and scoring 10 goals (e.g. Blackman) does not benefit a teams league position. Without the example, Motherwell could have been fighting a relegation battle.

If we could find a 6ft + striker on loan for the rest of the season, the pressure on rushing Kyle back to fitness would be lifted and would give us a chance of continuing our run.

Jambof3tornado

There is at max 18 weeks of football left so if we got Boyd or someone who could scored in for less than 10k a week in wages that is only 180k which isn't even near the difference between third and second or first.

We won't be spending 10 grand a week on any player! Let's keep it real.

We won't be spending 10 grand a week on any player! Let's keep it real.

i said the same in the gullit ounge on the Boyd thread, all be it not as politely. Glad im nt just being pessimistic.

I'd say a creative type of midfielder is more pressing. JJ got his tactics wrong from the start yesterday. Without Kyle we cant play that 4-3-3 system and we only started to get a grip of the game when we added a 2nd striker enabling us to have a solid four in the middle of the park. Creatively we are over reliant on Temps and Rudi, we need someone deeper who can dictate play and pick passes. Aguiar would've been perfect.

John Sutton is not going to be the difference between finishing higher than 3rd.

we are looking for a player to come in for Kyle when hes ut not replace him. someone who expects 35 games a season will see we cant offer tht for sure. Sutton socred just under 1 in 2 at St Mirren and 1 in 3 for Motherwell, with a lot from the bench. Ifyou look at our team, we have a loy of players who are not world beaters individually but function very well in our team. i just think Sutton is better than Obua, Elliot or Glen.

Why not?

Because we are trying to cut back.

No player will be getting 10k a week at Hearts in the near future, 4k yes.

neither Kyle or elliott have been prolific in their careers and we really could do with a striker with a real eye for goal.

not since the halcyon days of robbo have we had that outlet. can you imagine somebody playing like that off kyle?! it'd be like robbo and sandy clark of old.

going slightly off piste i still think we could do with a bit creativity in midfield. judging by the silence on the bryson subject it looks like that ain't happening. and to think we could have had hartley if Roman hadn't been such a tit.

Rudolf's Mate

Trying to tell me there are currently no strikers at clubs warming benches that the respective clubs would prefer to go out on loan to get some matches under their belts? You look at the bigger clubs and it's not about getting them off the wage bill/reducing it and everything to do with match fitness etc.

we are looking for a player to come in for Kyle when hes ut not replace him. someone who expects 35 games a season will see we cant offer tht for sure. Sutton socred just under 1 in 2 at St Mirren and 1 in 3 for Motherwell, with a lot from the bench. Ifyou look at our team, we have a loy of players who are not world beaters individually but function very well in our team. i just think Sutton is better than Obua, Elliot or Glen.

How about we sign a player who is not back up to Kyle, this will see both players having to fight it out for the jersey.

How about we sign a player who is not back up to Kyle, this will see both players having to fight it out for the jersey.

I genuinely think he can. I rate him.

Yeah, but there is a lot more money for finishing 1st than 3rd. A short term striker could be the key to getting the more financially lucrative position, in turn giving us more money on hot prospects in the summer.

agree,earn more money =more quality players

Hearts of Vladland

Because we are trying to cut back.

No player will be getting 10k a week at Hearts in the near future, 4k yes.

So you are telling me it would not make financial sense to take a player on loan if the signing will lead to us winning the league? Winning the league or coming second is a larger difference than the players wages for the 18 weeks they would be here.

think of the kudos.

while lloyds knock back rangers' desperate attempts to sign a striker to replace miller, at the same time we could sign one and basically say "well that's us upping our level of investment rangers. someone's got to enhance the calibre of player in the league".

if he's to be believed, walter smith is already wary of the quality of our squad. making it even better could really put them under pressure.

We will differ on this one.

thumbsup.gif

ha ive got no problem with that. Its what we are here for. But he comes from just as good f not beter background in th SPL than Black who is currently a first team mainstay. He has a better goal record than any of our strikers from the last few seasons. On 7 goals this season in a weaker side. His record at Notherwell is 33 goals in 75 starts in all competitions. Thats not that shabby.

Adam Rooney - get him for ?200k. HAs scored goals in the SPL, would also fit our long term policy of signing players who will have a sell on value....

Rudolf's Mate

think of the kudos.

while lloyds knock back rangers' desperate attempts to sign a striker to replace miller, at the same time we could sign one and basically say "well that's us upping our level of investment rangers. someone's got to enhance the calibre of player in the league".

if he's to be believed, walter smith is already wary of the quality of our squad. making it even better could really put them under pressure.

Or how about Vlad gets Rodders to buy the Huns and humps them fromthe inside rather than trying to beat them from the out!!!

I'd say a creative type of midfielder is more pressing. JJ got his tactics wrong from the start yesterday. Without Kyle we cant play that 4-3-3 system and we only started to get a grip of the game when we added a 2nd striker enabling us to have a solid four in the middle of the park. Creatively we are over reliant on Temps and Rudi, we need someone deeper who can dictate play and pick passes. Aguiar would've been perfect.

A good shout as an alternative to the 4-2-3-1 we've been playing, which requires a certain type of front man to be successful. I think both are needed but would go with the creative central midfielder as this gives us flexibility. Aguiar would be superb but expensive?

Ive suggested him a few times but no one ever responded, most likely cos im on my own. But John Sutton is out of contact in the summer. Happy to spend some of he time of the bench. Not a bad goal calibre and could play target man.

Not sure he'd improve things much, a Motherwell season ticket holder I know was saying he is slower than a week in the jail.

Dagger Is Back

i said the same in the gullit ounge on the Boyd thread, all be it not as politely. Glad im nt just being pessimistic.

You're bang on - you were very very rude! :P

Hearts of Vladland

neither Kyle or elliott have been prolific in their careers and we really could do with a striker with a real eye for goal.

not since the halcyon days of robbo have we had that outlet. can you imagine somebody playing like that off kyle?! it'd be like robbo and sandy clark of old.

going slightly off piste i still think we could do with a bit creativity in midfield. judging by the silence on the bryson subject it looks like that ain't happening. and to think we could have had hartley if Roman hadn't been such a tit.

:hobofish:

:symf:

Jambof3tornado

Why not?

Part of JJ's remit is to reduce greatly our playing staff costs. That plus our debt and without the use of a calculator I can safely predict we won't spend ?10k a week on even 2 players wages!

Sutton or Rooney for me, C Elliot or Glen in the opposite direction. Ideally Aguair as well

As the window closes a week tomorrow, i would be happy to keep our squad together and let a few fringe players go.

A nice new player or 2 would be good as the OF aren't unbeatable this year and would help us cope with injuries to players like Kyle- Unlikely in my opinion as its been very quiet on the Transfer front.

Any ITK posters know if we are looking at a possible move for anyone? :whistling:

Sam Parkin would be cheap :thumbsup:

Andy Barrowman could be a find :thumbsup:

Kevin McDonald might cost a bit but he could be a playmaker, he's big AND mobile :thumbsup:

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Eremenko! that's who we need. Did you see the passes he laid on for Rui somebodyorother and Sammon. He would be perfect.

Drylaw Hearts

Eremenko! that's who we need. Did you see the passes he laid on for Rui somebodyorother and Sammon. He would be perfect.

He was excellent during the first 45 mins v us.

His range of passing is way beyond anything we currently have in our squad.

He was excellent during the first 45 mins v us.

His range of passing is way beyond anything we currently have in our squad.

He is an excellent football player, DH.

Mixu's contact came up trump on that one.

Drylaw Hearts

He is an excellent football player, DH.

Mixu's contact came up trump on that one.

Yep and Yep.

I'd like to think VR is on the case with trying to set-up a deal but I fear Eremenko might be a bit too rich for us.

Billy Mehmet or Chris Killen would do a job for us. Or maybe we could get Kalinic on loan from Blackburn. AT LEAST MY POST ISN'T SERIOUS WHAT ABOUT SOME OF THESE OTHER PEOPLE?

As usual its all about Vlad's view on things.

Will he look at our league position and think that we're doing pretty well without any more new players or will he look at our league position and think that a couple of new players might make the difference between winning and finishing third.

My guess is thats what JJ was away discussing last week and the answer was my first suggestion above.

It might well be that they are waiting for the Celtic result to make a final decision on a target or two and move quickly to get them if we've won. I doubt it but who knows.

I think if we were going to do it on the grounds that we're in with a shout of winning the league, we'd have done it by now.

Steven Ireland from Villa. Not a striker but contribute ?20k a week with Villa paying the rest and he'd cost ?300k in total.

Obviously we will only bring in the bare minimum. I still think Robbie is an option. I don't want him but i think JJ does.

At the start of the season you can buy the league but it would cost you a few million, this could be the cheapest league buy ever. I'd also be interested to see what impact it would have on the Old Firm to be out the top two in this current economic climate.

BELIEVE.

Without Kyle, though, we have beaten Killie away and Rangers at home....I like this problem.

(although I agree that we need back-up for him)

Archived