Travelling to darkhead

Jambo Forever

Jambo Forever

How is everyone getting to Glasgow on wed night? Thinking about the train but don't know how far to stadium from city centre, pubs etc..

How is everyone getting to Glasgow on wed night? Thinking about the train but don't know how far to stadium from city centre, pubs etc..

For travelling to the darkheid you will need -

a) Much like Frodo an - Elven light to illuminate your passage through the darkness of that evil land

B) Strength and fortitude to stand up to the evil creatures you will encounter.

c) Do not be tempted by the sports sock sellers outside the evil place (2 furra' poun')

d) A peg for your nose

e) Fumigation equipment and soap for when you get back out of the darkness

f) 4 pound coins for the gangly unclean youths to protect your car if you are driving

g) Some ear plugs to defend your shell likes from the sectarian bigotry

h) Don't let your kids take up any offers from thier clergy of "lifting them over the turnstiles"

Good luck on your travels to the evil lands to the West.

:blink:

a) Much like Frodo an - Elven light to illuminate your passage through the darkness of that evil land

c) Do not be tempted by the sports sock sellers outside the evil place (2 furra' poun')

d) A peg for your nose

f) 4 pound coins for the gangly unclean youths to protect your car if you are driving

h) Don't let your kids take up any offers from thier clergy of "lifting them over the turnstiles"

this.

you are kidding about pubs around there its get in and out as quick as possable

d) A peg for your nose

Top notch advice here.

Romanov Stole My Pension

Don't drink near parkhead (unless you like stabbings), you're better drinking in town and either getting a taxi (only about ?4) or jump on a low level train (from central station) to bridgeton and you'll see parkhead when you get off (the train journey can be pretty awkward if they find out you support hearts).

Diadora Van Basten

d) A peg for your nose

This is my favourite post this year

When I was young and stupid I paid a visit to the 'Springfield Vaults' before a game, well that was an experience and not one I WOULD EVER EVER repeat. evilno.gif

Best getting the train from Edinburg to Bellshill then change on to train to Bridgeton. Avoids the city centre and having to walk between Queen St and Central. Still best hide your scarf though... :whistling:

17:48

Edinburgh Waverley

18:44

Bellshill

Train SCOTRAIL 00h 56

18:53

Bellshill

19:09

Bridgeton

Train SCOTRAIL 00h 16

Glasgow Hearts recommends that you pop into the Horsehoe and then take a bus from Renfield St to the ground-the 64 and various others go right there (just ask someone). Alternatively, go to Bridgeton Cross and have a pint in the 7 Ways/Whitelaws (or whatever it is called in its present incarnation-The pub opposite the train station. You are perfectly safe in the pubs at the Cross as they cater for the local Hun population who cling to the mistaken belief that we are their cousins!

FromDownSouth

Glasgow Hearts recommends that you pop into the Horsehoe and then take a bus from Renfield St to the ground-the 64 and various others go right there (just ask someone). Alternatively, go to Bridgeton Cross and have a pint in the 7 Ways/Whitelaws (or whatever it is called in its present incarnation-The pub opposite the train station. You are perfectly safe in the pubs at the Cross as they cater for the local Hun population who cling to the mistaken belief that we are their cousins!

I'm not sure how mistaken that belief is, it's not hard to hear or spot Unionist/Loyalist inclined Hearts supporters, probably historically due to the fact that Hibernian was founded by Irishmen (hence the name). Irvine Welsh seems to have propagated that idea, too.

But, yes I'd have thought Bridgeton would be quite safe - although having just beaten Rangers I wouldn't be too brash.

As for buses from town, the 240, 255, 61, 62 and 64 all pass close to Parkshed.

Romanov Stole My Pension

I'm not sure how mistaken that belief is, it's not hard to hear or spot Unionist/Loyalist inclined Hearts supporters, probably historically due to the fact that Hibernian was founded by Irishmen (hence the name). Irvine Welsh seems to have propagated that idea, too.

But, yes I'd have thought Bridgeton would be quite safe - although having just beaten Rangers I wouldn't be too brash.

Can I ask what team you support? The way that's written just seems a bit it's being said by someone not quite familiar with HMFC or maybe football in Edinburgh.

FromDownSouth

Can I ask what team you support? The way that's written just seems a bit it's being said by someone not quite familiar with HMFC or maybe football in Edinburgh.

Hearts. Yeah, I'm from 'down south' (I've not tried to hide the fact) and have never lived in Edinburgh. I've been to Tynecastle plenty of times, though.

There is a brand new half-hourly direct train service to a station called Bellgrove that is within walking distance of Darkheid, may give this a whirl

There is a brand new half-hourly direct train service to a station called Bellgrove that is within walking distance of Darkheid, may give this a whirl

Good shout re the station but I think it's only hourly. A handy service for those working at Edinburgh Park as the train stops there as well.

was thinking of popping along to west bar and getting a taxi from there, BTW to you mean the horse shoe ?

My mates driving it's a BMW x5 so not exactly inconspicuous! Is there anywhere safe? Eg carparks? Should be through relatively early.

My mates driving it's a BMW x5 so not exactly inconspicuous! Is there anywhere safe? Eg carparks? Should be through relatively early.

There's a lot of valet parking off London Road. Just had your keys and ?1 to one of the young attendants :woot:

All roads lead to Gorgie

That will be onboard some dodgy container ship sailing down the Clyde before the games over. I would find other ways to reach Darkheid :whistling::thumbsup:

Do NOT go with these bus numbers apart from the 64.The others will take you to the Gallowgate(or bandit country as its known on match day).

To the poster above;nae offence mate but don't post things you're not sure about.Potentially,some unsuspecting Jambo could get a sore face following these directions.To anyone going,i'd follow rossmaroon's advice.

Better call Saul

d) A peg for your nose

give this man a kickbak oscar

FromDownSouth

Do NOT go with these bus numbers apart from the 64.The others will take you to the Gallowgate(or bandit country as its known on match day).

To the poster above;nae offence mate but don't post things you're not sure about.Potentially,some unsuspecting Jambo could get a sore face following these directions.To anyone going,i'd follow rossmaroon's advice.

None taken.

They will take you through the Gallowgate, aye. I'd have thought it's be okay if you keep your colours covered up. I get the 240 five days a week, but admittedly not on match days!

The 64 runs only twice an hour, whilst the others run every 10 mins at peak time.

None taken.

They will take you through the Gallowgate, aye. I'd have thought it's be okay if you keep your colours covered up. I get the 240 five days a week, but admittedly not on match days!

The 64 runs only twice an hour, whilst the others run every 10 mins at peak time.

Aye,but the point i'm making is that anyone coming through from Edinburgh and not sure and getting off at the Gallowgate would then have to get over to our turnstiles(South East Corner)which are on the London Rd side.Safer just getting the 64 or a cab.

FromDownSouth

Aye,but the point i'm making is that anyone coming through from Edinburgh and not sure and getting off at the Gallowgate would then have to get over to our turnstiles(South East Corner)which are on the London Rd side.Safer just getting the 64 or a cab.

I wouldn't recommend anybody unfamiliar with Glasgow goes by bus. The same's true of Bellgrove Station, that's on the wrong side of the stadium, too and close to the Gallowgate.

If anybody does get the buses I mentioned, keep your colours covered up and alight at The Forge shopping centre, from which you will be able to see the ground.

I've previously seen supporters mixing okay, but some of my Mhanky colleagues claim to hate us more than Rangers, so I'd be careful. :blink:

Last two league cup games I've parked at Forge shopping centre car park. Although both were mid week evenings and probably lower crowds than for a league game. Fair hike from there to then get to away part of ground though.

Archived