the sexist Andy Gray & Richard Keys do a gordon brown!

tneafry

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1349729/Sky-Sports-presenters-sexist-diatribe-female-linesman-Apprentice-star-Karren-Brady.html

Sky Sports presenters Andy Gray and Richard Keys were at the centre of a sexism row last night after they questioned whether a female linesman knew the offside rule during a Premier League football match.

The commentators, who apparently believed their microphones were switched off, were recorded making disparaging remarks about Sian Massey, 25, before Liverpool?s Premiership clash with Wolves yesterday.

They also criticised Apprentice star and West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady who had yesterday written about sexism in a newspaper column.

Commenting on Ms Massey, Mr Keys said: ?Somebody better get down there and explain offside to her.?

Mr Gray, a former Scottish international footballer, replied: ?Can you believe that? A female linesman. Women don?t know the offside rule.?

Mr Keys replied: ?Course they don?t. I can guarantee you there will be a big one today. Kenny (Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish) will go potty. This isn?t the first time, is it? Didn?t we have one before??

Assistant referee Sian Massey

The Sky presenters made disparaging remarks about assistant referee Sian Massey

Later in the exchange, Mr Keys said: ?The game?s gone mad. Did you hear charming Karren Brady this morning complaining about sexism? Do me a favour, love.?

Ms Brady had said she had ?experienced sexism at its rankest, lies about my personal life and a level of calculated mischief that is simply appalling?.

Asked about the pundits? remarks, she said: ?I think this just sums up everything I said in my column.?

During the game, which Liverpool won 3-0, Ms Massey angered Wolves by refusing to rule Raul Meireles offside before he set up Liverpool?s first goal. The replay showed that she made the correct decision.

When The Mail on Sunday put the transcript to Mr Keys, he said: ?I have no recollection of that. I have no idea what you are talking about.

'My recollection is that I wished the young lady all the best.?

When told a recording existed of the conversation, he said: ?If you have a tape then you don?t need me to talk to you.?

Last night The Mail on Sunday sent a transcript and a copy of the recording to a Sky Sports spokeswoman.

She was not able to confirm or deny the veracity of the clip, which was provided to this newspaper by an anonymous source.

Mr Gray could not be reached last night.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Richard Keys is a hairy freak, and a complete ****** to boot.

Andy Gray has been irritating me more year on year too. He either talks absolute shite or points out the bloody obvious and says it really loud to make his point clear.

Would love Sky to re-jig things.

**** knows how Richard Keys has had that gig for so long. His love in with certain managers is sickening (Big Sam etc)

This could be the moment that Craig Paterson gets the call to the big leagues.

**** knows how Richard Keys has had that gig for so long. His love in with certain managers is sickening (Big Sam etc)

This could be the moment that Craig Paterson gets the call to the big leagues.

and David Currie.

You are no longer free to make jokes about gays, Muslims, women, race . . . the list is endless!!!

However, I'm here to give you an out - we are allowed to make as many jokes about Christians as you want!!!

I think they're a pair of self-satisfied wallopers with a gigantically inflated sense of their own worth, so I hope they get punted then I can start enjoying SS football coverage again.

I couldnt agree more. Pair of sycophantic trumpets.

BTW, has anyone else noticed that Keys has been waxing his hands?

Nelly Terraces

You are no longer free to make jokes about gays, Muslims, women, race . . . the list is endless!!!

However, I'm here to give you an out - we are allowed to make as many jokes about Christians as you want!!!

Speak for yourself.

It's because theres a link there.

Cardiac Rucksack

You can generally make jokes about peoples choices. Sex, sexual orientation etc arent a choice. Whereas choosing to believe in an infinite being who lives in the sky is.

Hope this helps.

You can generally make jokes about peoples choices. Sex, sexual orientation etc arent a choice. Whereas choosing to believe in an infinite being who lives in the sky is.

Hope this helps.

So, Islam isn't the same kind of choice?

Cardiac Rucksack

I intentionally left out islam. Of course its another personal choice and jokes can be made about those choices. Its no ones fault that the muslim clerics are louder in their criticisms of those jokes than christians.

I personally would have all people who admit to believing in sky fairies rounded up and locked up for their own safety. Mental illness is a serious problem. ;-)

So, Islam isn't the same kind of choice?

I don't think any religion is a choice to 99% of followers. I was baptised long before I had freedom of choice, and I still retain Catholic guilt, so no God Botherer :whistling: it's not a choice,

See these Christian female linesperson(s) and club chief executives. They dont know anything about the offside law or perceived MALE sexism in football/society

John

I intentionally left out islam. Of course its another personal choice and jokes can be made about those choices. Its no ones fault that the muslim clerics are louder in their criticisms of those jokes than christians.

I personally would have all people who admit to believing in sky fairies rounded up and locked up for their own safety. Mental illness is a serious problem. ;-)

:lol:

You make Hitler look like Claire Rayners ###### sack.

Scott_HMFC1874

The funniest thing about this is, joke or not, she got the decision right, when a lot of the pundits and commentators got it wrong.

So i doubt shes going to give a flying fcuk!

The funniest thing about this is, joke or not, she got the decision right, when a lot of the pundits and commentators got it wrong.

So i doubt shes going to give a flying fcuk!

Saw it on MOTD last night and you could tell the commentator was just waiting to offload on her ( silly moo etc ) WHEN not IF the replay showed her to be incorrect. Of course she was bang on :lol:

Templeton'sUnderpants

Christ some people are overly offended by a joke.

Is it any difference to saying "men can't multi-task" or anything of the like.

p.s. she clearly just guessed and got lucky, women really don't know the offside rule

YOU ARE ALL MISSING THE POINT!!!!

THE QUESTION IS: WOULD YOU!?

929Sian-Massey.jpg

I'm I the only one who's more concerned by the fact that she's about 12 years old.......

Valentine Jambo

I couldnt agree more. Pair of sycophantic trumpets.

BTW, has anyone else noticed that Keys has been waxing his hands?

It was in the paper (cannae mind which one now) a while back that Sky had been receiving loads of complaints from viewers about how off putting his hairiness was on the HD tv's. Seemingly he has to wax his hands now cos of it. :blink:

Hugh Dallas begs to differ. :whistling:

It was in the paper (cannae mind which one now) a while back that Sky had been receiving loads of complaints from viewers about how off putting his hairiness was on the HD tv's. Seemingly he has to wax his hands now cos of it. :blink:

:lol:

Unless of course you are Shug Dallas :whistling:

Miller Jambo 60

Richard Keys is a hairy freak, and a complete ****** to boot.

Andy Gray has been irritating me more year on year too. He either talks absolute shite or points out the bloody obvious and says it really loud to make his point clear.

Would love Sky to re-jig things.

Andy Gray is a muppetlaugh.gif

Christ some people are overly offended by a joke.

Is it any difference to saying "men can't multi-task" or anything of the like.

p.s. she clearly just guessed and got lucky, women really don't know the offside rule

Correct. If a woman had made a joke about "man flu", not a peep would be heard.

Anyway, if any females are genuinely offended by that, then they've clearly got too much time on their hands.

That ironing won't do itself, love.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

I don't think any religion is a choice to 99% of followers. I was baptised long before I had freedom of choice, and I still retain Catholic guilt, so no God Botherer :whistling: it's not a choice,

No-one is born with a belief in God. People are brainwashed to believe later in life.

Get her, and any other women who want to get involved, ti ****.

Nowt to do with them. It's a mans game.

Always have ti stick their ******* noses into everything don't they?

By the way, what's with the thread title? Sexist?

The OP needs to get a grip.

Mods, please change the title to "Keyes and Gray have a laugh and the lilly livvered mob get their hairnets in a ******* twist over it cos they've got **** all better to do".

Thanks in advance.

By the way, what's with the thread title? Sexist?

The OP needs to get a grip.

Mods, please change the title to "Keyes and Gray have a laugh and the lilly livvered mob get their hairnets in a ******* twist over it cos they've got **** all better to do".

Thanks in advance.

I need to get a grip? did you read it? i quote the first sentence of the article "Sky Sports presenters Andy Gray and Richard Keys were at the centre of a sexism row last night after they questioned whether a female linesman knew the offside rule during a Premier League football match."

Thread title is mearly from the article. In their position they should probably know better and know if this was to get reported that people would kick up a stink. I think Keys and Gray should concnetrate on their own jobs of not pi$$ing people off and being incompetent at their own jobs rather than brinign out what seems to be the oldest joke in history that a woman doesn't know what offside is.

The comments don't bother me personally, I just think they are not the most appropriate in their position. So I ask you, sifter, why should I be getting a grip? :rolleyes:

ToadKiller Dog

I imagine the pile of death threats Stewart Lee got for his jerry springer opera show that to be true .

Back to Keys and Gray given the comments attributed to them was recorded off air then do they really speak to each other as if they were 70s style Stand ups?

For Keys to refer to Brady as Luv reminds me of a sherrif in the deep south calling the coloured man as boy !

A couple of ejits with stupid hilarous stereotypical views Jim Davidson would be proud of them .

You should be gettin a grip instead of giving more air time and column space to a complete and utter non story.

Anyway, why are you even ON kickback right now? Have you not got your mans tea to make? JOKE!

You should be gettin a grip instead of giving more air time and column space to a complete and utter non story.

Anyway, why are you even ON kickback right now? Have you not got your mans tea to make? JOKE!

nah it's sunday ya pleb and it gets made at 3 :facepalm:

Dr Magnus Pike, you must be having a ******* laugh naw?

If Keyes calling Brady 'luv' reminds you of racists judges in the states, all I can say is wow.

Seriously.

Wow.

nah it's sunday ya pleb and it gets made at 3 :facepalm:

CORRECT!

...I knew any woman worth her salt would spot the flaw in my questioning.

Good girl!

(by the way as I am on my iPhone I cannot add the smileys that would confirm this to be no more than a wee bit banter, I say all this in jest!)

....so anyway....you got big t its?

:pleasing:

Sky, do the right thing and get these halfwits punted. Jamie Redknapp can take a running jump n aw.

Sky is just an extension of the EPL old boys club and it is sickening how they fawn over SAF, Big Sam, Harry Redknapp, Tony Pulis and the likes. Total welts the lot of them.

Come to stratties on saturday and find out :woot:

roughly translated as "aye, they are ******* huge".

You go girrrrrrrrrrl!

roughly translated as "aye, they are ******* huge".

You go girrrrrrrrrrl!

you can't deny that there are always loads of bit t its in stratties :thumbsup:

you'll not know where to look :ninja:

The lassie is probably a very good linesperson.As long as she doesn't try to reverse park the motor when she arrives at the stadium i don't see any problem here...em.!:rolleyes:

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1349729/Sky-Sports-presenters-sexist-diatribe-female-linesman-Apprentice-star-Karren-Brady.html

Sky Sports presenters Andy Gray and Richard Keys were at the centre of a sexism row last night after they questioned whether a female linesman knew the offside rule during a Premier League football match.

LOL !! Is this the same Anfy Gray who constantly goes on about 'daylight' in 'close' offside decisions ? He played the game for 20 year s and still doesn't know the offside rule.

At the game in question , the crowd were going mental at the female asst ref , screaming for offside but from my seat I could see the monitors of the journos and the goal was clearly a good decision. Had a good chuckle at the home fans going apopleptic until they saw Sky at half time.:lol:

The lassie is probably a very good linesperson.As long as she doesn't try to reverse park the motor when she arrives at the stadium i don't see any problem here...em.!:rolleyes:

Thought they were called assistant referees now,anyway the bint must know a thing or two about the game,you know,don't put red socks into a boil wash with white tops and all that.

Archived