Kello

hearts_crazy

Watching the game with my daughter yesterday I said to her that I thought he was as good as Craig Gordon with the saves he was making. She reckons he's better.

Try to keep this to a discussion rather than a slagging match please. The question is 'is Marian Kello better than Craig Gordon'. Discuss

Got to say i'm amazed he's not first pick for Slovakia too BTW, their goalie must be like Billy the Fish

OK, let's throw this into the mix. He's had a LOT of clean sheets, and Craig Gordon had a better defence in front of him

He's not as good as Gordon but on current form easily the best keeper in Scotland.

Also after seeing him pickup his MOTM bottle from Stevenson, he's also clearly a lad.

:thumbsup:

winston churchill

Watching the game with my daughter yesterday I said to her that I thought he was as good as Craig Gordon with the saves he was making. She reckons he's better.

Try to keep this to a discussion rather than a slagging match please. The question is 'is Marian Kello better than Craig Gordon'. Discuss

Got to say i'm amazed he's not first pick for Slovakia too BTW, their goalie must be like Billy the Fish

settle.

Kello is a great keeper who has had a great season and made the hearts goalie jersey his. Kello is best in scotland at the mo, but not as good as big craigie

OK, let's throw this into the mix. He's had a LOT of clean sheets, and Craig Gordon had a better defence in front of him

:what:

I think he is as good. People on this board loved Craig Gordon and even the thought that one of our keepers could be better than him scares them. Kello has been fantastic and long may it continue.

He's not as good as Gordon but on current form easily the best keeper in Scotland.

Also after seeing him pickup his MOTM bottle from Stevenson, he's also clearly a lad.

:thumbsup:

What happened like? Footage?

Is he as good as Gordon, no

Is he good enough to play at EPL level, yes

Especially when you compare him to any of the English keepers down there (excluding Joe Hart)

Gordon is better than kello but kello is playing at the top of his game though,to put a bit of a spin on the op,i think that niemi was better than gordon

rudi must stay

some parts of the game he is, such as commanding his box. But Gordon is capable of making saves that even Kello isn't IMO.

No, but he's the top SPL. Wouldn't swap him for anyone in this league.

There's a mounting case that he's not just the best 'keeper in the SPL, but awfully close to being the best (or in American parlance, most valuable) player in the entire league.

As to the Gordon and Niemi comparisons: I agree with the poster who thinks Niemi was better than Craig (not by much, mind), and for Kello to be considered in the same bracket, he'll have to keep this up for a period of several seasons. I genuinely think he has at least the potential to do that, though: even now, I still think Kello is very underrated by most, and utterly indispensable to this club.

Not even close.

Gordon and Niemi are in a bracket way above in terms of quality, which Kello has not managed to achieve yet

As Lawson says. He'd need to be this good for consecutive seasons for there to be genuine comparison.

Watch the highlights of yesterdays Blackpool v Sunderland game to see a master at work.

IMO Kello's good, in fact very good but Craig is on a different level

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Kello is currently the best keeper at Hearts which automatically installs him as the best keeper in the world.

Them's the facts..

Watch the highlights of yesterdays Blackpool v Sunderland game to see a master at work.

IMO Kello's good, in fact very good but Craig is on a different level

Two great saves again but he's that good you only ever think of them as great at most now as they all seem so routine to him except the one from 1 yard a few weeks ago.

Templeton'sUnderpants

Statistically speaking even Forster is better if I'm not mistaken. That's not to say Kello isn't a class act. Just not even in the same league as Gordon.

No

Key attributes for a goal keeper include shot stopping, patience, discipline, ability to learn from your mistsakes, others mistakes and having some form of intelligence.*

Craig Gordon makes the odd mistake, even clangers - but that's him for the rest of that season and maybe one after that.

At the start of this season, Kello was making loads of great stops but far too regularly coming rushing off his line when there was no need. He settled down a bit, esp when Zal came back but then got away with an awful howler of a poor decision to come flying off his line against Motherwell.

To be compared with CG he needs to not pass the whites of the edge of his box for the remainder of his Hearts contract.

* McGregor is better with the ball at his feet, they are very similar at the wonder shot saving. But big Craig is a country mile ahead of him in every other attribute. So much so that I feel embarrased for anyone who ever thought McGragor was anywhere close to our Craig.

don't think he's anywhere near as good as gordon.

Craig is responsible for making the best save i have ever seen against motherwell at tynie 5 or 6 games into burley's reign. how he saved it i will never know. having said that, i was also at parkhead when he pushed the ball into the into the net in the 96th minute.

Kello is a good goalkeeper. Good enough to be one of the best in the SPL.

Craig Gordon is an outstanding keeper. Good enough to be considered one the best in the world.

ernie winchester

I've never been able to decide who's the best between Gordon and Niemi, but I'm afraid they're are both way better than Kello. I do believe though, that Kello may well follow them to the EPL.

Better than Gordon? No

Idolised more than Gordon? Not yet. Although the big man is going the right way about it. Keep up the good work and you'll be a hearts hero marian!

I said to the Wee Fella yesterday that we are getting to CG proportions with MK as we now expect him to save everything thrown at him,ok kicked at him, and the occasional wonder save. Not near AN yet never mind CG but he's getting there, if he keeps it up for another 3 seasons.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Gordon is so good that he could replace Van Der Sar at Man U. Kello couldn't. And neither could Niemi at his peak. Gordon is a genuine world class keeper.

But, Kello is very similar in stature and ability to Niemi IMO and will make a move to the EPL in the next 12 months or so for a decent fee.

Chad Sexington

Kello is brilliant but Gordon is on a different level.

No shame in that though. Gordon is on a different level to most goalies and will end up playing at one of the mega-clubs.

Valentine Jambo

Are you serious. :o

Damn tootin :thumbsup:

He's an excellent shot stopper and commands his box well too. Bet his name is first on the teamsheet every week :whistling:

Broomie Hearts

i like Kello,

and he is good,but hes not THAT good.

ive been going to hearts games since 1976,and i would put cruikie and niemi ahead of kello at the moment.

but,imho oor craig is the best goalie hearts and scotland have ever had.

It is an unfair match up as Gordon is, by SPL standards a phenomenon, a geniune World Class player who will undoubtedly end up at one of the 'mega-clubs' as suggested above.

Kello has had a stunning season, but is still a long way to go to be mentioned in CG's bracket, but to be honest, I don't think he can get to quite that level. If he really keeps up the form, he definitely has it in him to play in the premiership one day, which would be a great achievement!

Very very good keeper but not in the same league as Gordon,or Niemi for that matter.

The answer, is No

But he's good..... there's no getting away from that

Snake Plissken

A truly fantastic goalkeeper but comparisons to Gordon or Niemi are taking it much too far.

Archived