Edgaras Jankauskas - Free Agent

tazhearts

With all this talk of Roman Bednar, what about approaching Jankauskas to see if he fancies helping us out between now and the end of the season. Fits the bill in terms of a big striker who holds the ball up well.

Has been a free agent since September when he was released by New England Revolution.

Granted his fitness may not be the best but is Kyles?

south morocco

With all this talk of Roman Bednar, what about approaching Jankauskas to see if he fancies helping us out between now and the end of the season. Fits the bill in terms of a big striker who holds the ball up well.

Has been a free agent since September when he was released by New England Revolution.

Granted his fitness may not be the best but is Kyles?

would take him till the end of the season, great player for hmfc at the time ,could hold up the ball etc

Please God no,

His time has passed and we have plenty of options up front.

We do have options but we don't have anyone who can play the big striker (Kyle) role (Obua and C Elliot not up to the task in that role). So if we do need cover then it's in the form of a big target man. I think we missed having that option today.

Think belongs alongside Boyd....would he play for the jersey or the cash....bearing in mind he was highly paid his last visit and tried about as much (towards the end) as me trying not to drink my several cans of stella....

Please God no,

His time has passed and we have plenty of options up front.

His time has passed but we really don't have plenty of options up front.

Not good ones anyway.

alwaysthereinspirit

If he could be arsed he probably could actually do a job!

He certainly couldn't be bothered over here. Went to a few games last season and he hardly played. Has had his day.

would of thought he was past but then again look at this

his goal is number one

we all know how youtube never lies...

On his day, a top, top player for us.

So good, he found a way to make Zander Diamond even more ugly.

Johanes de Silentio

One of our best strikers in recent years - until he appeared to lose interest, and he's no spring chicken these days!

Who else from '05/06 can we speculate about rejoining? We've already had threads about Robbie, Webster, Hartley, Brellier, Bednar, etc - can we afford Gordon?

Nah - we got Kello!

One of our best strikers in recent years - until he appeared to lose interest, and he's no spring chicken these days!

Who else from '05/06 can we speculate about rejoining? We've already had threads about Robbie, Webster, Hartley, Brellier, Bednar, etc - can we afford Gordon?

Nah - we got Kello!

Imagine if he came for 6 months and played 5 or 6 games and fired us to the title - pinging in shots like the one in the video.

Jelavic looks a bit jankauskas-esque. Hopefully Black has done enough to ruin his career and he is blighted by injury for the rest of his days. thumbsup.gif

Johanes de Silentio

Imagine if he came for 6 months and played 5 or 6 games and fired us to the title - pinging in shots like the one in the video.

Jelavic looks a bit jankauskas-esque. Hopefully Black has done enough to ruin his career and he is blighted by injury for the rest of his days. thumbsup.gif

Yup - Jankauskas is top drawer in terms of his ability, but is he too old? Probably not - but, more to the point - is he hungry? If he could perform like we saw he can, then he'd be an amazing signing! :thumbsup:

Nice teckers from Jelavic when he hit the bar, mind - near shat masel'! :lol:

Yup - Jankauskas is top drawer in terms of his ability, but is he too old? Probably not - but, more to the point - is he hungry? If he could perform like we saw he can, then he'd be an amazing signing! :thumbsup:

Nice teckers from Jelavic when he hit the bar, mind - near shat masel'! :lol:

Even if he can perform half as well he would be a good subby for Kyle. Same type of player (Kyle wishes, haha)

Yeah, me too. Luckily Bouzid (I think) headered him in the face immediately after the shot so that quietened him down. teehee.gif

We played Stevenson up front today, Dot.

Did you catch the game today??

Yes

Actually not a bad choice. Can't really think of any other big powerful striker we could get. And more than capable to be used as cover for kk. Like ppl have already said we have nobody that can do kk's job. And if kk is gonna go for an op and be out for a month or so we are going to have to change the formation and the way we play and I really don't want that as its been effective

How old is he these days. Must be about 36/37 now

Yes

Ok. So we didn't play Glen, Obua or Calum up top because they weren't up to the task in JJ's eyes.

What happens after the split if Kyle's injured?

Stevenson again?

Good first season for us.Not what we should be looking at now imo.

But we do need cover for Kyle.

Is Mehmet available.Would do for 5 months.

Johanes de Silentio

We played Stevenson up front today, Dot.

Did you catch the game today??

I woulda went with Temps on the right, Elliott up the middle, and Rudi to the left, with Stevenson in midfield, but that's just me - not doing Stevo any favours playing him 'up top', imo.

Even Glen up front before Stevenson - I've about had it with Obua.

Mind you - I'd given up on Ruben a wee while back anaw! :rolleyes:

(still like to see young Robinson involved, but he has to earn it all over again)

Any way you look at it, we got the win, so JJ called it right - he seems better at making changes mid-game these days, imo! :thumbsup:

Johanes de Silentio

Is Mehmet available.

Signed for another Turkish mob, I think - rather have Janny - I think I'm delerious, mind!

I woulda went with Temps on the right, Elliott up the middle, and Rudi to the left, with Stevenson in midfield, but that's just me - not doing Stevo any favours playing him 'up top', imo.

Even Glen up front before Stevenson - I've about had it with Obua.

Mind you - I'd given up on Ruben a wee while back anaw! :rolleyes:

(still like to see young Robinson involved, but he has to earn it all over again)

Any way you look at it, we got the win, so JJ called it right - he seems better at making changes mid-game these days, imo! :thumbsup:

All's well that ends well.

I think even some Hearts fans were suprised at how one way the game was in the first half. No pivotal player to hit up front. I would probably put Stephen Elliott in the centre forward position and have either Obua out wide with Templeton or Suso out wide with Templeton. Skacel/Black/Mroweic has to be our middle 3 in my opinion.

All's well that ends well.

I think even some Hearts fans were suprised at how one way the game was in the first half. No pivotal player to hit up front. I would probably put Stephen Elliott in the centre forward position and have either Obua out wide with Templeton or Suso out wide with Templeton. Skacel/Black/Mroweic has to be our middle 3 in my opinion.

I thought Suso was the obvious option to come on.Totally agree with the middle 3.

would of thought he was past but then again look at this

his goal is number one

we all know how youtube never lies...

Did they only score ten goals all season!? A few at the start were sheite.

Also how annoying would it be to watch the fitba with all those yard lines marched on the pitch. It looks terrible.

Archived