My Mate Fi Spain

adeb74

Met A spanish bloke in Dom Rep last year. Swapped a Hearts top for a Barcelona top. Since then Oscar has become a die hard jambo and we stay in touch regulary on Facebook. He does not miss a match on the tv even bumping his beloved Barcelona. According to him the talk out there is for us Jambos to win the league. Even from from foreign fields they want a change in Scottish Football jajajajajajaja ( spanish for hahahahahahaha...actually learned that!). Pointless useless info even may be laughed at but......HE EVEN HATES THE HIBS!

jamboinglasgow

The Spanish know too well about the domination of the Old Firm. This is a banner unfurled mid week a couple of weeks ago by Deportivo La Coruna fans:

7.jpg

It translates as "We dont want another Scottish League" (they are talking about how La Liga is increasingly looking like a two team race just like the old firm.) It shows they know what is wrong with Scottish football but it seems here that the Old Firm are never criticised for such a dominant position. If (and I still think it is a big ask and a long way off) we win the league then it will send shock waves through European football.

The Spanish know too well about the domination of the Old Firm. This is a banner unfurled mid week a couple of weeks ago by Deportivo La Coruna fans:

7.jpg

It translates as "We dont want another Scottish League" (they are talking about how La Liga is increasingly looking like a two team race just like the old firm.) It shows they know what is wrong with Scottish football but it seems here that the Old Firm are never criticised for such a dominant position. If (and I still think it is a big ask and a long way off) we win the league then it will send shock waves through European football.

Just backs up what he was saying and there is me thinking he had too many rum and cokes lol. Well our league needs it and as you say maybe all of europe needs it. Look at engerland....great league but man utd and chelsea always win and spain has barcelona and real madrid....could be massive even if we split them. Its all positive

Just backs up what he was saying and there is me thinking he had too many rum and cokes lol. Well our league needs it and as you say maybe all of europe needs it. Look at engerland....great league but man utd and chelsea always win and spain has barcelona and real madrid....could be massive even if we split them. Its all positive

Not to mention the "shock waves" it will send through me!

Not to mention the "shock waves" it will send through me!

Me too. I'm not 100% sure my heart will take it, but am more than happy to risk it.

got a similar situation over here in Sydney , there's about 4 boys that work in my team that actively follow football(or soccaa as they call it, they have for years just watched the EPL, as they told me Scottish football was only about 2 teams i fact that i have fought over the last 4 years, but hard to do sometimes, but over the last few months hearing me rant and rave and go off on one they've actually started to follow us, I get in on a Monday morning and the first words i hear are normally 'great result for you' or that 'Templeton is some player'.

There is a genuine feeling of support to see some one other than that pair win this league all over the place, there was mention of it on the football ramble podcast a few weeks back and in other news outlets, the general Scottish media mafia will never jump on board, but the feeling of support for our mounting challenge is growing.

whether it comes to anything is off course to hard to say right now, but we are getting so much good will and publicity outwith our own country which is never a bad thing.

Archived