98/11 Dream Team

WavyGravy

Tried to compare the 2 teams as best as possible. Not the definitive strongest team perhaps but the one most synonimous with the era. You can pick 1 of the 2 on each side to make 1 team. Fire away>>>>

1. Rousset 1. Kello

2. McPherson 2. Jonnson

3. Naysmith 3. Wallace

4. Weir 4. Zaliukas

5. Ritchie 5. Bouzid

6. Salvatori 6. Mrowiec

7. McCann 7. Templeton

8. Fulton 8. Black

9. Cameron 9. Skacel

10. Hamilton 10. Kyle

11. Adam 11. Elliott

Try not to let sentiment cloud your judgement. Tougher than I thought but for me -

Kello

Jonnson Zaliukas Ritchie Naysmith

Mrowiec

McCann Fulton Cameron

Adam Kyle

Johanes de Silentio

Possibly Kello over Roussett, but only maybe!

The only current player I'd be tempted to put in to our 97/98 team might be Rudi - but we've had that discussion before - who would you leave out?

Tried to compare the 2 teams as best as possible. Not the definitive strongest team perhaps but the one most synonimous with the era. You can pick 1 of the 2 on each side to make 1 team. Fire away>>>>

1. Rousset 1. Kello

2. McPherson 2. Jonnson

3. Naysmith 3. Wallace

4. Weir 4. Zaliukas

5. Ritchie 5. Bouzid

6. Salvatori 6. Mrowiec

7. McCann 7. Templeton

8. Fulton 8. Black

9. Cameron 9. Skacel

10. Hamilton 10. Kyle

11. Adam 11. Elliott

Try not to let sentiment cloud your judgement. Tougher than I thought but for me -

Kello

Jonnson Zaliukas Ritchie Naysmith

Mrowiec

McCann Fulton Cameron

Adam Kyle

David Weir and Craig Levein are far and away the 2 best centre halfs Hearts have had since Sandy Jardine. Noone else is close; to suggest Zaliukas is at that level is laughable.

Other than that and maybe Rousset, I probably agree,

ernie winchester

Interesting. Kello and Rousset... very tight. Wallace... close, and may overtake Naismith. Wee Mickey's drive and energy against Rudi's quality? Depends on the tactics, but I'd hate to leave either out. Both quality and could play together. The rest? The '98 team wins as individuals, but as a team? The current lot are 'good' together... they're grafters and their discipline, resolve and determination is a bit special, in my opinion!

Add to that, the opposition. The huns don't have Laudrup, Goram, Gatusso... the mhanks don't have Larsson. In short, the overall quality of the SPL is lower, so comparatively, our current squad isn't, in my opinion, that bad.

Rousset

Jonsson (not a big fan but our 98 right backs were probably worse)

Weir

Ritchie

Wallace

Salvatori (DMC)

Cameron (MC)

Skacel (AMC)

Adam (RWF)

Kyle (CF)

McCann (LWF)

Archived