Ian Black

Beats

Another poster said to me Ruben didn't deserve to be dropped but I think it was more to save him from being kicked off the park. Just a hunch. :thumbsup:

Nothing to do with Rangers tapping him up then? (Through his Agent)

Not that I know of mate, I cant name the poster as he's not posted on the thread. Forum rules. Sounds very unlikely though, where did you hear that?

Not that I know of mate, I cant name the poster as he's not posted on the thread. Forum rules. Sounds very unlikely though, where did you hear that?

Heard that rumour a few times.Sounds like shite to me.

Rangers have tapped him up. But I very much doubt they could afford to buy him as he has 18 months left on his contract. However, this may all have been a means to unsettle him today?

Heard that rumour a few times.Sounds like shite to me.

Agreed. It's impossible to 'tap up' a player with so long to go in his contract! Swanny your mates are at it! No offence mate. :thumbsup:

Why was he on the bench? ..............

He had a poor game down at Killie and was subbed. He lost posession cheaply that led directly to the Killie goal .... the guys that came on (Stevenson, Elliott & Glen) all played well and put themselves in with a shout of starting.

Agreed. It's impossible to 'tap up' a player with so long to go in his contract! Swanny your mates are at it! No offence mate. :thumbsup:

Not a mate as such who told me. And remember, it's Rangers we're talking about. This is true bud, but you don't have to believe me! However, as I say, they still can't afford to buy him!

Let's not let a thread about Ian Black go on any further by not mentioning, above all else, that the wee fella has been outstanding for us over this unbeaten run.

. . . and we sure as hell missed his dynamite in midfield today.

Rangers have tapped him up. But I very much doubt they could afford to buy him as he has 18 months left on his contract. However, this may all have been a means to unsettle him today?

I thought his contract was up at the end of the season?

We missed him in the middle of the park today. Hopefully he'll be back in the middle on Wednesday.

Let's not let a thread about Ian Black go on any further by not mentioning, above all else, that the wee fella has been outstanding for us over this unbeaten run.

We did miss him and he has been very good the past few months but we won so JJ called it right.

:thumbsup:

You can definitely tap up a player with a lengthy contract - it happens all the time. Paul Ritchie was a prime example (and Webster when Rangers were also interested) and it has happened in the last week with Darren Bent mysteriously putting in transfer request despite his club not having allowed him to speak to another club.

Not a mate as such who told me. And remember, it's Rangers we're talking about. This is true bud, but you don't have to believe me! However, as I say, they still can't afford to buy him!

Yeah but he'd need to go via Swansea with 18 months to go and do a Webster on us! Not his style I hope! Not saying you haven't heard it there are loads of rumours in January, watching it on TV today I was screaming for him to come on after 20 minutes, that's how bad the midfield looked without him.

You can definitely tap up a player with a lengthy contract - it happens all the time. Paul Ritchie was a prime example (and Webster when Rangers were also interested) and it has happened in the last week with Darren Bent mysteriously putting in transfer request despite his club not having allowed him to speak to another club.

I think I've answered that in my post, yes it does happen. I don't think Blackie would do that but you never know do you? He has Hearts connections, I'm sure if he was being 'tapped up' he'd make sure our club got money for him. He's not Andy Webster. :thumbsup:

Libertonian_II

He's had a handful of decent games in 1 and a half seasons. No surprise from here that he wasn't starting today

Agreed BB, me and my brother spent most of the first half debating who'd get subbed for Blackie to come on

Scotland, loving your workas usual bud :thumbsup:

Archived