Today

Bob Loblaw

Yaasssssssssss!!!

This thread is reserved for unbridled joy. I may be half cut but I know where my heart is, and that place is Gorgie. FTH.

Miller Jambo 60

Weii said mate!Absolutelybrilliant! :thumbsup: It's great to put one over that lot! :biggrin:

All the threads are pash we done the gers yesssssssssssssssssthumbsup.gif

Big Hearted performance from the players couldn't ask for any more

Of course tommorrow it'll be the fault of Lloyds plc but we know better !!

Cairneyhill Jambo

We rode our luck today but got what we were after.

The old firm and the media are saying we are in the mix but I think they expect us to fall away which is in our favour. One game at a time. Deep down, I think the old firm are bricking it big style. There is no pressure on us. I would be happy with third place. The Old firm pressure cooker is almost at boiling point and it will be interesting to see how they handle a third team thrown in that pressure cooker.

We have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

ernie winchester

I like this thread! :)

And another point, that I haven't seen made anywhere but think is very relevant. The last 10-15 mins - after we scored - we all expected the onslaught! The goalmouth 'siege' with desperate defending. But it didn't happen... With the exception of the Jelavic (sp?) 'super-shot', they never really threatened at all, which is unusual when we're a goal up against either of the OF. Normally it's nail-biting stuff, but today? The game just fizzled out... and we controlled it! They reverted to lumping it up the park, which totally suited us; Zal and Bouzid easily dealt with that. When they did get close to our box - I haven't seen the highlights but can only think of McCulloch on the edge of the box - he blasted it, (totally off-balance) way over the bar, in a 'pathetic' attempt to 'salvage' something. They were desperate, totally indisciplined and ... BEATEN! And they knew it! Very unusual, in my experience.

The reason for this is, I think, that our shape, discipline, resolve, or even 'stuffiness', wore them down. Our defence was superb. Our midfield also defended valiantly throughout, tracking their midfield runners (Davis, Edu,, etc.). Okay, we didn't play well today, but our overall 'team' performance was top notch. And it isn't the first time we've seen that in recent games!

I would submit to you, ladies and gentlemen, that we have a right, good team here! :)

I like this thread! :)

And another point, that I haven't seen made anywhere but think is very relevant. The last 10-15 mins - after we scored - we all expected the onslaught! The goalmouth 'siege' with desperate defending. But it didn't happen... With the exception of the Jelavic (sp?) 'super-shot', they never really threatened at all, which is unusual when we're a goal up against either of the OF. Normally it's nail-biting stuff, but today? The game just fizzled out... and we controlled it! They reverted to lumping it up the park, which totally suited us; Zal and Bouzid easily dealt with that. When they did get close to our box - I haven't seen the highlights but can only think of McCulloch on the edge of the box - he blasted it, (totally off-balance) way over the bar, in a 'pathetic' attempt to 'salvage' something. They were desperate, totally indisciplined and ... BEATEN! And they knew it! Very unusual, in my experience.

The reason for this is, I think, that our shape, discipline, resolve, or even 'stuffiness', wore them down. Our defence was superb. Our midfield also defended valiantly throughout, tracking their midfield runners (Davis, Edu,, etc.). Okay, we didn't play well today, but our overall 'team' performance was top notch. And it isn't the first time we've seen that in recent games!

I would submit to you, ladies and gentlemen, that we have a right, good team here! :)

Good post.

Archived