Biggest lottery win?

CompleteIdiot

CompleteIdiot

I have won a tenner many times - including last night. I have never won anything bigger. :(

Has anyone here won more than that?

CompleteIdiot
Chap I used to work beside won 250k about 10 years ago.

10 quid is all I have won.

You could still have got a biggish house for 250k 10 years ago. :) The midweek national lottery jackpot probably won't even get you a house on Barnton Avenue anymore. :eek:

chester copperpot

Won a tenner a few times, nothing more.

did have 4 numbers once, one of the weeks I didn't put my numbers on, as I only put on the lottery occasionally.

CompleteIdiot
Had 4. ?70 :beer:

Lucky Hobo!

It's still not much for matching four numbers given how statistically unlikely it is. :sad:

PontiusPilate

Thought I'd won a tenner handed in the ticket bird behind counter says thats ?134 nearly sprinted out the shop when she handed over the cash, still not sure if I had 4 numbers or if she was just a ******.

CompleteIdiot
Thought I'd won a tenner handed in the ticket bird behind counter says thats ?134 nearly sprinted out the shop when she handed over the cash, still not sure if I had 4 numbers or if she was just a ******.

The machine tells them how much the ticket is worth. They barcode scan it. You must have been the ****** and missed the extra number. :biggrin:

Commander Harris

I've broken even - never won anything but I've never bought a ticket.

anyone doing better than me overall? ;)

PsychocAndy

I got ?39 for 4 numbers once

My Auld Lady got 5 numbers once got ?2k she always does our birthdays and dates. If my Hobo brother had held on for 4 days I'd be doing this from a warm part of Europe instead of a cold part of Edinburgh.

:107years:

Drew Busby !
My Auntie got 2 grand for 5 numbers a couple of years back,

Same here, my wife picked up a 1/6 share of 1,700 quid in a work syndicate about 5 years or so ago.

Fair enough it was a nice enough win at the time ... but just doesn't seem right that 5 numbers gives you diddly squat compared to the 6 ball "quit work tomorrow and buy an Aston Martin for cash on the way home" type win.

Have been in a syndicate for years at work but never won anything substantial.

Wife's mate won ?60k on 5 numbers + bonus ball and blew the lot.

Also worked with a Spanish guy whose sister won just a share of some minor prize. She won about ?200k (this is nearly 20 years ago). El Gordo is the way to go.:sad:

Ive won a tenner a couple of times but my parents have had 5 numbers 3 times.

Also someone where i live won 4 mill,,,,,,lucky thing!!!!

my mum won ?7000 on the thunderball once, my nan got 5 numbers in the main draw and got ?1994. my personal best was ?129 for 4 numbers

not done it so much since mum passed away cos we used to do 5 lines each on a saturday, but we never won much. the 4 numbers were generally worth about ?50 each time and the odd tenners.

i've won the bonus ball at work a few times though, scoring me ?98 each time

Say What Again

Biggest win for me is ?64.

The missus won ?1,700 the very first time she played online and her Mum lifted about ?40,000 as part of a jackpot winning syndicate.

RockyBalboa
Lucky Hobo!

It's still not much for matching four numbers given how statistically unlikely it is. :sad:

True - I only play to win the big one, one day though so anything else is a bonus imo :beer:

The Old Tolbooth

Stopped doing it after I had 4 numbers up, got excited, and then was handed 22 flippin quid!!

Dirk Diggler

I've had 4 numbers 3 times. My dad has had 5 numbers twice. My mate's old man was sat in front of the telly and watched 5 of his numbers come out first and a Hibs fan from Loanhead I know won ?8.4million.

rudi must stay

never one anything :sad:that's probably cos i don't play though. Well have once didn't win anything tho

I have won a tenner many times - including last night. I have never won anything bigger. :(

Has anyone here won more than that?

When I saw the title, I was about to say, "Complete Idiot Mate", but on further reading I will go back to my origional thoughts about you.

By the way, what are the stats for best chances of winning. The lottery or premium bonds?

tommythejambo

Bought a ticket every Saturday since I turned 16, I'm 18 now. Never had 2 numbers in the same draw yet.

?20 on the Thunderball. I'm telling you, play the Thunderball, I have won ?20 on that game 4 times but on the main draw I have only had a tenner once. Smaller prizes but realistically you are millions to one to win a major prize anyway.

I think if you don't get any numbers you should get your money back or something for the main draw. They need to think of something to get the punters back.........

I have won 450 quid on the pick 3 hotpicks once and have had 80 quid a couple of times for 4 numbers.

Plenty tenners and a couple of seventies.

My sister in law was in a syndicate that had five and the bonus in the first ever lottery draw and bagged two grand,my brother thought he was onto a winner and bought shed loads of tickets for the next few draws untill the penny dropped.

Won 1200 pound for 5 numbers a few years ago, it was Xmas eve and we were about to put the lottery on through Sky, and it told us we had the money in our account, turned out we had actually won it back in October that year!!

• 2 weeks later...

I won ?103 as a 12th share of ?1242 for 5 numbers in a work syndicate.

A couple I worked with won something like ?125000 for 5 numbers and the bonus ball. They were all over the front page of the tabloids because of some dispute about their spending plans. They then appeared on the live show and Bob Monkhouse took the complete **** out of them.

Archived