Who would you keep?

Red 23

Let's forget for a second, if possible, the long list of things we would like to see put in place at Hearts........

I just want to know who you would keep, for example, from Saturday's 0-0 draw with Falkirk.

Personally.........

Steve Banks - YES, but i'd like to see more able deputies (Kurskis & Basso NO)

Robbie Neilson - NO

Christophe Berra - YES

Marius Zaliukas - NO

Lee Wallace - YES

Saulius Mikoliunas - YES (controversial i know, but if he was a sub i wouldn't mind)

Ruben Palazuelos - YES

Michael Stewart - NO

Deividas Cesnauskis - NO

Laryea Kingston - YES (but he will leave)

Callum Elliot - NO

The only others I would keep.................Eggert Jonsson, Andrew Driver, Jamie Mole, Christian Nade (I genuinely think there is potential there but needs to get fit) and the youth players.

I genuinely think every player at Hearts could be replaced by other SPL players at a fraction of the cost - examples are Falkirk's Scott Arfield & Darren Barr, Dundee Utd's Swanson etc etc etc etc..............

Who would you keep??

Ryan Gosling

Squad for the new manager to choose from based on what I've heard among other things:

Banks, MacDonald

Neilson, Berra, McGowan, Thomson, Wallace, Brown

Mikoliunas, Stewart, Jonsson, Palazuelos, Driver, Aguiar, McCann (player/coach)

Elliot, Mole, Glen, Templeton, Pinilla (dunno if he'll be 'allowed to play' though)

i would keep

Banks

Berra

Wallace

Palazelous

Bruno

Kingston

Nade

Pinilla - if he sorts himself out

Driver

Miko - as a sub

jonsson - sub

Karipidis

the rest can go

I would'nt keep many. But would keep: Banksie,berra,Kari,Lee wallace,Jose Goncalves(although he has been terrible lately.),Miko,Ruben:),Larry,Stewart,Driver,Nade,Zaulikas.

Some there look stupid there may be more to add to that list to keep but I know and have witnessed all these players put in brilliant performances and I know most of them are capible of it.

yeah i'd keep Pinilla too if i thought he was able to get a run of games. more than one in a row would be an improvement..........

Pete Seeger

From the first team aquad I'd keep

Banks

MacDonald

Neilson

Wallace

Berra

Karapidis

Stewart

Ruben

Eggert

Bruno

Driver

Kingston

Elliot

Mole

Nade

I'd mix that in with the young players and hopefully 2 or 3 good signings

gowestjambo

Berra, Kingston, Nade, Driver, sorry nobody else is worth keeping, if we take our maroon specs off....!

Sunday paper mentioned burleys team...how many of the current squad would have got a game..?

We have sunk far lower than most believe, some names being suggested are ridiculous....

Squad for the new manager to choose from based on what I've heard among other things:

Banks, MacDonald

Elliot, Mole, Glen, Templeton, Pinilla (dunno if he'll be 'allowed to play' though)

Can you elaborate on that?

jambo in iraq

i'd keep:-

banks

Wallace

Goncalves

Berra

Driver

Kingston

Palazualos

Elliot (but with a warning wrt to the future)

Miko (never thought I's say that but he works his arse off)

Karapidis

Tall

Jonsson

Nade (the fit one)

Aguiar

The following should go:

Neilson

Mole

Zaluikas

Chesney

Makela

Stewart

Basso

Kurkis

Audrey

McCann (sorry wee man used to love u, but your body aint up to it no more)

Would like to see McGowen, Glen, Mearns, Visconte, Husband and Kostadinov pushing the first team. Kostadinov is the most talented wee player I've seen play with Hearts for a long time but may need to go on a complan diet. In saying that... look down south Vna Pierse, Joe Cole, Michael Owen are hardly heaveyweights.

Banks, MacDonald

what have you heard ??? tell us we all want to know

Kingston, Berra and Driver, the rest can go ASAP!! Damn disgrace our team right now, our management, ownership etc. total amateur. Nade is never in shape, most of them aren't interested, there's no respect. Saturday was a total waste of time and I won't be going back this season. The highlight was watching the under 11s at half time.

Banks, MacDonald

So Mark McGhee will have that to work with. Wonder is Ross McCormack will be added to that list :D

Ryan Gosling
what have you heard ??? tell us we all want to know

I heard Brown, Glen, McGowan and Templeton would be promoted to the first team, McCann would get a new deal as would Pinilla.

Gigolo-Aunt

If a good bid came in, would be quite happy to let Kingston go (as long as the money was spent back in the team)

Thats not to say I dont rate the little fella.

chester copperpot
If a good bid came in, would be quite happy to let Kingston go (as long as the money was spent back in the team)

Thats not to say I dont rate the little fella.

We wont see a penny of it unfortunately Gig.

FTR - I'd keep Banks, Tall, Kingston, Nade, Berra, Wallace, Ruben, Stewart, Pinilla (only if he's fit and we get our money's worth though).

And if we're not going to bring anyone in, would have the following promoted to the 1st team:

McDonald, Thomson, Mackle, McGowan, Rapnik, Husband, Templeton, Visconte, Glen, Kostadinov, and possibly Wallace.

Dagger Is Back

Banks, MacDonald

IF that were to turn out to be true then Vlad can shove his ST up his arse because I ain't forking out nearly ?600 to watch that pish.

I'd keep

Banks

McDonald

Berra

Karipidas

Aguiar

Miko

Kingston

Rueban

Pinilla

Driver

and get shot of the rest and bring through the youngsters

Boaby Ewing

Banks -As back-up/GK coach

Wallace

Berra (Strip him of the captaincy though).

Tall

Ruben

Eggert

Driver

Kingston

Pinilla (if he can sort himself out + fix his contract on a very minimal base salary + large pay as play/goalscoring bonuses).

Gigolo-Aunt
We wont see a penny of it unfortunately Gig.

Who knows, Andy.

IMO we could get a couple of million or maybe more (if there are a few teams in for him) - maybe only half will go back in to the team ??

Would be surprised if the new man is not given at least a million in the summer to spend.

(Anderson, 700k..:))

chester copperpot
Who knows, Andy.

IMO we could get a couple of million or maybe more (if there are a few teams in for him) - maybe only half will go back in to the team ??

Would be surprised if the new man is not given at least a million in the summer to spend.

(Anderson, 700k..:))

fingers crossed Big Zal this time next week will be touching down in Kaunas airport.

Ryan Gosling
IF that were to turn out to be true then Vlad can shove his ST up his arse because I ain't forking out nearly ?600 to watch that pish.

you misunderstand me - that would be his beginning squad i think, like Burley had Weir and Wyness and Kizys etc.

Fat Striker

Banks, MacDonald

No Nade?

Thought he signed a 3 year deal?

Even if we get a new manager there is no guarantee that we would be able to move the 'dead wood' on if they are still under contract. That's been half our problem.

For what it's worth I reckon McGhee (or whoever we get) can get a great deal more out of Nade than we've witnessed so far.

Gigolo-Aunt
fingers crossed Big Zal this time next week will be touching down in Kaunas airport.

Dont want to turn this thread in to a managers one - but if we are going to try and get a Levein or a McGhee - we will need to give them a branch in the way of candy.

Anyway, back on topic.....

Jose can ply his trade elsewhere.

Juho can go

Basso is bye bye

LithgaeJambo

I'd keep Berra, Jonnson and ruben. the rest are average at best or not worth the wages (Pinilla/Kingston). at the end of the day every player has their price but i would not be upset if everyone left.

Ryan Gosling
No Nade?

Thought he signed a 3 year deal?

Even if we get a new manager there is no guarantee that we would be able to move the 'dead wood' on if they are still under contract. That's been half our problem.

For what it's worth I reckon McGhee (or whoever we get) can get a great deal more out of Nade than we've witnessed so far.

He'll be sold I imagine.

Pete Seeger
I'd keep Berra, Jonnson and ruben. the rest are average at best or not worth the wages (Pinilla/Kingston). at the end of the day every player has their price but i would not be upset if everyone left.

Not think Andy Driver is worth keeping?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Chris, what do you mean when you say you don't know if Pinilla will be allowed to play?

Gigolo-Aunt
He'll be sold I imagine.

If Nade is sold, how much do you think we would get ??

Money back ??

Fat Striker
He'll be sold I imagine.

That's my point. Will he?

I can't imagine he'd be that in demand. We could be stuck with another high earner forever kept on the sidelines.

Ryan Gosling
If Nade is sold, how much do you think we would get ??

Money back ??

No idea - I'd imagine money back minimum though.

That's my point. Will he?

I can't imagine he'd be that in demand. We could be stuck with another high earner forever kept on the sidelines.

Possibly a mid-table French club? Dunno.

Chris, what do you mean when you say you don't know if Pinilla will be allowed to play?

Well they could give him the new deal purely to sell him on, so there wouldn't be much point in him being there to be selected if they're just going to sell him.

Berra

Wallace (maybe)

Driver

Eggy

Larry

That's it barring any youngsters coming through. All the rest ain't what we should be looking for

Graham Thomson

its quite funny to see how many of you would keep Kingston / Pinnila / 2 players who are not remotely interested in playing for Hearts.

ok you say they're not remotely interested in playing for hearts......but kingston has been a solid performer and pinilla has been horribly unlucky with injuries.

i always find it amazing how many fans expect every Hearts player to love the club the way the fans do. why would they?

i mean, yes it would be great to have a team full of Gary Mackay's and John Robertson's but it just isn't how football is these days.

Aside from the huge clubs, how many players play for clubs these days and genuinely support them?! as long as players do their best for hearts and give some good service to the club, i dont care who they support and whether they particularly want to be playing for hearts.

the fact is, if a player is really that good, he won't be at Hearts for too long anyway......

To stay

Banks

Wallace

Goncalves (despite what some on here say, he's worth persisting with)

Berra

Driver

Kingston

Palazeulos

Miko (looks like he's playing for the jersey)

Karipidis

Mole

Jonsson

Nade

Chesney

Aguiar (maybe)

Pinilla (I just pray we can get this lad playing)

Should stay but are going

Tall

Bednar

We're stuck with but should go

Audrey

The following should be moved on ASAP

Neilson (will only happen if Frail leaves unfortunately)

Elliot (will only happen if Frail leaves unfortunately)

Makela

Stewart

Basso

Kurkis

Ivaskevicius

McCann

Jamie Mole, a horrendous Livingston reject and many of you want to keep him?

Your joking right.

He is pish.

I agree with the names of most of the players being listed by other posters, but I`d get shot of Pinilla even before getting rid of Elliott.... at least Elliott doesn`t cost much in the wage structure unlike the imposter called Pinilla who lifts a wage for doing bugger all.

If Pinilla was being kept on it should only be on a pay as you play contract, then we`d see if he wanted to play or not and the debt would be cut by a few hundred thousand quid .

To stay

Banks

Wallace

Goncalves*

Berra

Driver*

Kingston*

Palazeulos*

Mole

Jonsson

Nade*

Cesnauskis

Pinilla*

Makela

Stewart

Those marked with a star would be shoved out if we got a decent offer for them.

Should stay but are going

Bednar

Audrey

The following should be moved on ASAP

Neilson

Elliot

Basso

Kurkis

Ivaskevicius

McCann

Karipidis

Cut our losses on

Beslija

peebles jambo

banks

berra

kari

wallace

tall

miko

pally

larry

bruno

jonsonn

chesny

most of the youth players, but that's it

Bad Religion

Since when did Chris become s.h.p, I thought he was now Tobias Funke. Can someone please clear this up?

Banksy

Tall, Berra, Karipidis, Wallace, Jose

Miko, Larry K, Ruben, Eggert, Driver, Aguiar

Nade, Pinilla

That's it. Keep all the youths and dump the rest of the first team squad.

Seymour M Hersh

That is the brutal reality of it imo. Very few would shed a tear if the whole lot of them were shipped out. (I'm talking first team squad regulars).

Ford Prentice

Berra, Wallace, Aguiar, Kingston, Driver, Miko are the only one's I'd keep and to be honest it wouldn't break my heart if any of them went either.

It would however break my heart if Stewart stays.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I would not lose sleep if the whole lot went. Its funny when rumours spread about Vlad putting the whole squad up for sale the papers went into meltdown. I would love it if Vlad punted the whole lot (which he wont).

We have started the cull already with Beni and Pospisil and Bednar and Veligol all going. Granted they are all strikers going at once which has left us short but it NEEDS TO HAPPEN. My worry is who the hell is going to replace them.

Nelly Terraces

Keeps: Banks and Palazeulos.

Get outs: The rest of them. Substandard, and I doubt that in 6 months we'd even remember half of their names. Oh, and Larrys away anyway so no point in even mentioning the geezer.

I'm dismayed how many people would keep Michael Stewart. Jonsson, Kingston, Aguiar and Palazuelos are all far better players and I would barely want to keep all of them! Why would you keep Stewart, please tell me!!!!

Archived