Michael Stewart (Merged Threads)

Bob Loblaw

i liked stewart as well to be honest. he was a bit of a ****** at times though. one of his worst traits was his inability to disguise his utter contempt for the fans' opinions. he really did think bugger all of anyone's opinion apart from his own and laszlo's.

i think a union of stewart and the hibs support is a marriage made in the deepest bowels of hades. they wouldn't be shy in giving stewart utter hell, and he wouldn't be shy to tell them to **** off.

obviously i hope he goes there. :D

Is this the guy that is so bad that he won god knows how many MOTM awards on Kickback?

Has a bit of a daft head on him on the park and his influence is up and down, but on his day he is a decent player.

Still, not a fashionable thing to say on Kickback.

thumbsup.gif

Michael Stewart is actually a very good player. Anyone who has played football at any level can regognise he has a 'natural' technique about him.

His attitude and the way he goes about things? Totally different story.

i liked stewart as well to be honest. he was a bit of a ****** at times though. one of his worst traits was his inability to disguise his utter contempt for the fans' opinions. he really did think bugger all of anyone's opinion apart from his own and laszlo's.

i think a union of stewart and the hibs support is a marriage made in the deepest bowels of hades. they wouldn't be shy in giving stewart utter hell, and he wouldn't be shy to tell them to **** off.

obviously i hope he goes there. :D

Sounds a perfect candidate for a job with the SPL!!!

Michael Stewart is actually a very good player. Anyone who has played football at any level can regognise he has a 'natural' technique about him.

His attitude and the way he goes about things? Totally different story.

That's all but my opinion. I'm not bothered about his ability to pick a pass or be in the correct position to break up play. That's not really in contention.

I am bothered about the fact that he always came across as an absolute Noel Hunt of galaxy size proportions.

He'd utterly ruin what little togetherness there must be left at hibs.

They should definitely sign him.

RoussetsShorts

Mikey Stewart is one of the worst players I have ever seen in maroon, I actually hate him just as much as I do ian murray, both absolute chunts of the highest order.

Contract dispute? Did the contract state that Stewart was a professional footballer? If so, there was an obvious error in it.

Don't know Stewart personally, so nothing against him as a person, but I don't think I've ever been as relieved to see a player leave Hearts as I was when he left.

I was utterly convinced that our midfield would be better off without him - and so it has proved.

That's all but my opinion. I'm not bothered about his ability to pick a pass or be in the correct position to break up play. That's not really in contention.

I am bothered about the fact that he always came across as an absolute Noel Hunt of galaxy size proportions.

This. His technical ability (or indeed lack thereof) is moot. He came across as being a hugely negative influence on our dressing room. He also appears to be an utter walloper.

Please god, let him sign for hubz....

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Was Mickey not rumoured to be one of the main reasons behind dressingroom disharmony last time at ER?

Also seem to remember a rumour about him being singled out by our current management team as one of the main reasonns why the dressingroom was a shambles when we got JJ back, certainly JJ seemed to be pretty nonplussed about keeping him when he came back.

Rumours aside though... He spent a lot of time letting the ball fire past him on the park as he rounded on the nearest Hearts player to him when the chios were down in a tough slog. He has some ability, no denying that but... He was also frequently a bit of a hindrance when things were going against him. I have serious concerns about how effective he would be for a team in a relegation dog-fight.

Still, fair enough, maybe he has sorted out his attitude now... :S

There were plenty of games where Stewart was our best player (in the dark days under Laszlo). He had the ability to drive the game forward and put in a big effort.

He also lacked discipline at times - the sending off at United for barracking a fan was a true embarassment :vrface: - and at times was a poor player for us. But it was certainly not all bad from him at Hearts.

Bit hot headed, but a brilliant player for us on his day. For some reason he started the season well then seemed to fade away every season. Gave a huge amount of effort in a poor Hearts side under Csaba.

Bit hot headed, but a brilliant player for us on his day. For some reason he started the season well then seemed to fade away every season. Gave a huge amount of effort in a poor Hearts side under Csaba.

Certainly one who seemed to care - however he was always a car crash just waiting to happen. Lost count of the times he landed up with a red card that could have been avoided. If he goes to Hibs he's just one bad game away from the majority of their supporters getting on his case. Got a feeling he'll land up somewhere down south.

His last appearance at Tynie will live long in my memory.

Took the huff (I think because he wasn't captain that day) and deliberately didn't try a leg. Was hooked at half-time and was walking down McLeod St by 4 O'Clock!

Welt!

Perhaps they wouldn't pay him because he developed an 'injury' having got to Turkey and not liked what he saw.

:hartley:

Nothing false about the poor bugger's injury. Didn't you hear what happened, his injury occurred when he got off the airplane!

Photo on the Genclerbirligi website taken by a fan at the airport:

60d5174169b4745b.jpg:lol:

Is this the guy that is so bad that he won god knows how many MOTM awards on Kickback?

Has a bit of a daft head on him on the park and his influence is up and down, but on his day he is a decent player.

thumbsup.gif

Mikey's a cracking player and would certainly improve Hibs. Still, **** him if he signs :thumbsup:

Drylaw Hearts

He should have been a great captain for Hearts but he let it all go to his head and he let himself down badly on too many occasions.

Johanes de Silentio

Gordon Smith wa saying the other night that he was warned off moving to Turkey by a team-mate, who said that it's quite common for clubs to stop paying wages if performances aren't up to scratch!

That woulda been in the 80s, mind!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

He should have been a great captain for Hearts but he let it all go to his head and he let himself down badly on too many occasions.

This in bucket-loads!

I used to watch the guy and wait for him to just get a grip of the squad and use his experience and ability to drag us forward, but I was just left dissapointed every time. He seemed to spend too much time controlling airtraffic control on the pitch with a sneer on his mush when he should have been taking the bull by the horns.

Mickey is a talented boy but... He can also become a massive liability if his head is not right... Ian Black for example seems like twice the player without Stewart constantly berating him for everything, while the ball is slotted past him, mid-tantrum.

Mad Dog Frazer

This in bucket-loads!

I used to watch the guy and wait for him to just get a grip of the squad and use his experience and ability to drag us forward, but I was just left dissapointed every time. He seemed to spend too much time controlling airtraffic control on the pitch with a sneer on his mush when he should have been taking the bull by the horns.

Mickey is a talented boy but... He can also become a massive liability if his head is not right... Ian Black for example seems like twice the player without Stewart constantly berating him for everything, while the ball is slotted past him, mid-tantrum.

dont like the guy one little bit. average player i thought when he played for us. but more often than not he would go in the huff or his ego would get in the way. weve come on leaps and bounds since he was here. hibs fans are desperate to sign him. Please sign him

Guest Bilel Mohsni

dont like the guy one little bit. average player i thought when he played for us. but more often than not he would go in the huff or his ego would get in the way. weve come on leaps and bounds since he was here. hibs fans are desperate to sign him. Please sign him

This is exactly how I feel about the possibilty of him rejoining The Titanic.

Let's face it, see when we were up against it and struggling in the league and behind in a game... How often did MS step up to the mark and galvanise the team and get us playing? Sure he would slot in a penalty or six but... when it came to bringing passion to the feild, he thought that translated as a sliding two-footed lunge after a sprint-run-up!

I think we would be 10k down right now if MS was still our captain. :ermm:

No chance of Stewart signing for Hibs, think he's going to sign for Dundee Utd :whistling: . Buaben and Gomis are both on their way out at Tannadice.

Dont think Hibis are a big enough team for our dear old Mickey.

Lennon has made some disasterous signings lately, so Darkheid is an option.

This in bucket-loads!

Exactly, unlike many comments here, my view is that Mikey could play football, could have been great, but had some kind of "loose wire" when on the pitch at times. Also had too much passion and channelled that into blaming others sometimes if caught out.

On the pitch, never fully lived up to his potential.

Off the pitch, a real gent, very intelligent and, absolutely, a Jambo.

Mikey Stewart

Good player.

Way to inconsistent.

Way Way to self obsessed.

Way Way Way to arrogant.

Libertonian_II

thumbsup.gif

He was never my favourite player but I think if he dropped the attitude he'd be better than either Black or Mroviec.

think he's going to sign for Dundee Utd :whistling: .

Not a good idea, he'd get sent off in every home game, if you catch my drift.... :whistling:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

That ginger knobber and Ratboy in the sme dressing room is a recipe for relegation and total disaster :thumbsup:

WITH BELLS ON! :woot:

Why can people not just grow up. Michael Stewart is a Jambo. We all want Jambos to play for the famous but then shoot them down. At his best he was very good for Hearts at is worst at least he showed he loved playing for Hearts. For those who do not like him then fair enough. But as I see it he never gave less than 100% for Hearts but it would never be enough for lots of people. He also had to play in a Csaba team!!! So I know I will get slagged off but I do not care. He is a jambo through and through and I for one wish him the best. And no I am not his agent I just believe in fair play and freedom of speech!!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Why can people not just grow up. Michael Stewart is a Jambo. We all want Jambos to play for the famous but then shoot them down. At his best he was very good for Hearts at is worst at least he showed he loved playing for Hearts. For those who do not like him then fair enough. But as I see it he never gave less than 100% for Hearts but it would never be enough for lots of people. He also had to play in a Csaba team!!! So I know I will get slagged off but I do not care. He is a jambo through and through and I for one wish him the best. And no I am not his agent I just believe in fair play and freedom of speech!!

Fair enough.......... In your opinion, what was the reason behind JJ wanting to get rid of him (and at the same time, our footballing fortunes improving drasticaly) then?

Best of luck to any Hearts supporter but he seemed to have a negative input on a fair few team mates when he was directing air-traffic/shouting at Blackie/scything down opposition players/playing for Hearts. :blink:

The two bits in bold dont really go together.

He added very little to the team when getting constantly sent off.

"These things happen. All I was trying to do was get the team going" - Michael Stewart

Michael Stewart : Half decent footballer, absolute ******-end. If he signed for Hibs I'd be starting the relegation party :thumbsup:

The Treasurer

I'd just like to say , I never liked or rated MS first time round and my opinion has never changed.

That's all

kingantti1874

I liked him, he was mental and had a bit of quality (sometimes), he was also a liability on the park and in the dressing room it appears especially his love in with csaba..

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I agree with Kingantti, besides, why was the guy off galavanting around in Turkey when he should have been at home doing the dishes and baking Csaba a nise lasagna for his tea. ;)

Remember his infamous "I have trained under a world class manager and Csaba is just as good" statement... Mickey's temper has stood in his way for years and until he finds a way to harness it properly he will continue to waste his not inconsiderable talent.

I'd just like to say , I never liked or rated MS first time round and my opinion has never changed.

That's all

I agree.

Seems like an ok guy but I remember thinking when we signed him the 2nd time that we will never win anything with Michael Stewart

in our starting XI. He just wasn't good enough. Terrible decision to make him captain also.

The Old Tolbooth

Can't agree with that mate, at best for Hearts he was extremely mediocre and his decent performances were one game in twenty, at worst he was a holocaust who blamed everyone else for his own short comings.

The way he crawled right up Csaba's arse was also sickening, in fact it got to the stage that you couldn't actually see Csaba's arse for Stewart's legs! How else would he have been a regular pick, and captain! He's got to be one of the worst Hearts captains in our history as he contributed feck all to his team mates around him and it was all about me me me.

Well rid, and the Lochend cockends are welcome to him!

His last appearance at Tynie will live long in my memory.

Took the huff (I think because he wasn't captain that day) and deliberately didn't try a leg. Was hooked at half-time and was walking down McLeod St by 4 O'Clock!

Welt!

Totally sums him up for me

Valentine Jambo

Totally agree :thumbsup:

The People's Chimp

He added very little to the team when getting constantly sent off.

"These things happen. All I was trying to do was get the team going" - Michael Stewart

Yes, you're right. He spent more time suspended than on the pitch.

:greatpost:

For the avoidance of doubt, Mikey started 35 games in 2008-09 and 30 games in 2009-10.

thumbsup.gif

These kinda reflect my view.

Michael Stewart is a very talented footballer who lost his way, in my opinion, he lost his way because he doesn't have the right attitude to be a team player. If any team could somehow screw his nut on properly, he'd be a great player.

A cancer to a dressing room though.

Archived