Hearts and Hibs best 11 player values.....

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

Arguing with a deluded Hobo this morning on facebook, The usual pish "debt,debt,debt,blah blah" i explained we were happy with debt situation and got onto the fact we have many sellable assets if needed to bring money whereas the Hobo`s have nobody, his reply ...

"lol our 1st team is worth just as much yours if not more, Hanlon,Spoony and Booth will be superstars" :trippin:

As you can imagine this where the "chat" ended, imo we have a 1st 11 that im confident Vlad could bring in ?10 million +

Geoff Kilpatrick

Arguing with a deluded Hobo this morning on facebook, The usual pish "debt,debt,debt,blah blah" i explained we were happy with debt situation and got onto the fact we have many sellable assets if needed to bring money whereas the Hobo`s have nobody, his reply ...

"lol our 1st team is worth just as much yours if not more, Hanlon,Spoony and Booth will be superstars" :trippin:

As you can imagine this where the "chat" ended, imo we have a 1st 11 that im confident Vlad could bring in ?10 million +

I'd love to hear this muppet's HMFC/vermin select XI

Hanlon, honestly I have never seen that lad have a good game whenever they have played us or when I have seen them on Sky or ESPN.

They have a totally different view of what is a good defender.

jamboinglasgow

Hanlon, honestly I have never seen that lad have a good game whenever they have played us or when I have seen them on Sky or ESPN.

They have a totally different view of what is a good defender.

He is a good left back, but for some reason they keep him at centerback but he is no Lee Wallace.

Told my cousin yesterday that my biggest "fear" for Hibs is that they have a shocking squad in BIG trouble and they don't have a single player worth over 500K (and probably none near that). Credit where it's due that in the past they've squeezed a bit out of the OF and if they had a player like this maybe they could sell him and juggle their squad a bit.

Right now if Hibs were to go down and presumably maintain their frugal policies then IMHO they'd struggle to come back up. Can you see a Latapy, Sauzee or Mixu coming to save them and bring them straight back up this time round given the wages on offer as well as the standard of youngsters they'd have for team mates?

Snake Plissken

Driver, Wallace and Templeton could all command fees of over 3 million.

Zaliukas and Kello would be around the 2 million mark

The rest are probably in the 500k - 1.5 million region.

Hibs?

Can't honestly think of anyone worth >1m right now. I haven't seen enough of either Hanlon or Wotherspoon to say if they've the potential.

Hibs?

Can't honestly think of anyone worth >1m right now. I haven't seen enough of either Hanlon or Wotherspoon to say if they've the potential.

I think people get a bit 'football manager' with values sometimes. Temps couldn get that fee yet. Inthe future yes, but not now. Driver scraped 3.5 when he was on great form, not now.

And there are a fair few in our squad (Elliot/Elliott/Black/Thomsons/Obua etc) who would not be able to fetch 500k. Thats not to say they are bad players i just dont think they are worth that in the transfer market.

Templeton'sUnderpants

I think people get a bit 'football manager' with values sometimes. Temps couldn get that fee yet. Inthe future yes, but not now. Driver scraped 3.5 when he was on great form, not now.

And there are a fair few in our squad (Elliot/Elliott/Black/Thomsons/Obua etc) who would not be able to fetch 500k. Thats not to say they are bad players i just dont think they are worth that in the transfer market.

This.

Temps has only had half a good season. he would be in the region of 1 mil I would think. Wallace maybe 2 mil. At the moment I think thats the highest fee we would receive for anyone in the squad. Driver hasn't played for too long and would not fetch a mil at the moment, if he was to come back and perform the same as he did then he might be able to demand about 3.5 mil.

Couldn't pay someone to take Obua.

Hibs?

Not a hope in hell we would get anywhere near 2 million for Kello.

What, when Bent is worth ?18 million plus. Behave yourself. We could get close to ?5 million for Wallace alone.

Snake Plissken

I suppose I didn't think that all the way through so discard the 500-1.5 bit.

I stand behind what I said with regards to Kello, Zal, Driver, Temps and Wallace though.

We were offered 3.5 for Driver already and clubs are interested, injuries or not.

Wingers who can beat a man tend to be overhyped and go for insane amounts of cash, especially young ones so maintain we could get >3 million for Temps.

Wallace has been the best left back in the country for the past 2 years now and is an established international player who isn't yet 25.

I'd love to hear this muppet's HMFC/vermin select XI

It would be cringeworthy

There is not 1 Hibs player who would get in our team. And that includes their prodigal rodent.

Hibs?

Their 2 prized assets, rodent features and Samba boy were valued at 200K each.

Their 2 prized assets, rodent features and Samba boy were valued at 200K each.

Yea but you need to take into account that their contracts are running out therefore value drops. Riordan would fetch more if he had 3 yrs to run.

As for Wallace being worth 5m, comparing to Bent doesnt work. The reason players like Bent fetch so much is because of the league theyre in, right or wrong. A proven EPL striker with a good/very good goal record will cost you way over the odds. An SPL left back who 'plays 6-8 tough games a year' (not my thoughts, what clubs will think) who has never played in that league against that opposition will not fetch that money. I think currently we would do well to get 5mil for Wallace. Gordon had to play numberous times for his country before fetching 7mil plus add ons. On top of this a left back is never going to cost that much cos clubs lik the ones who would be interested in Wallace will not spend that much on an unglamorous position.

Yea but you need to take into account that their contracts are running out therefore value drops. Riordan would fetch more if he had 3 yrs to run.

As for Wallace being worth 5m, comparing to Bent doesnt work. The reason players like Bent fetch so much is because of the league theyre in, right or wrong. A proven EPL striker with a good/very good goal record will cost you way over the odds. An SPL left back who 'plays 6-8 tough games a year' (not my thoughts, what clubs will think) who has never played in that league against that opposition will not fetch that money. I think currently we would do well to get 5mil for Wallace. Gordon had to play numberous times for his country before fetching 7mil plus add ons. On top of this a left back is never going to cost that much cos clubs lik the ones who would be interested in Wallace will not spend that much on an unglamorous position.

Hutton went for 9 million, Wallace is worth 9 million easy.

You honestly think Wallace is worth 9mil? Im not saying Hutton is either, in fact the Hutton sale will prbably work against the likes of Wallace cos it hasnt been a rewarding risk really. Again, not that im saying he is any better than Wallace but Hutton played many more times Internationally including eye catching performances against the likes of France and in the CL and Europe. Lee has played in the SPL and got one cap as yet. So he could become that valuable but he isnt yet.

Don't be silly. Wallace is not worth ?9million.

Wallace could go on to be sold for ?5million. At the moment he is worth no more than ?3million. I'm not disputing how good a player he is, but players are worth what people are willing to pay. And Wallace is not good enough to go to a top-end-of-the-table EPL side. And these teams are the only ones paying upwards of ?8million for a player at the moment.

Wallace is worth about ?3mill at the moment. Templeton around ?2mill. Kello, Kyle, Driver, Skacel and Zaliukas are the only other players in our squad who in the current market are worth anywhere near ?1million. And Driver's value decreases the more time he spends injured. Given how we are playing and the options we have, I would bite the hand off that offered me ?3.5million for him now.

I'm not debating the talent in our squad, but clubs are not paying over the odds very often for players these days. Certainly not from a league like the SPL.

kello - ?1 - 2M (i had previously said ?3M but that's probably too ambitious)

wallace - ?2 - 3M

eggert - up to ?1M

zaliukas - ?2 - 3M

bouzid - up to ?500K

temps - ?1 - 4M (some development first)

driver - ?1 - 2M

bits and pieces around the rest.

overall potential value in the region of ?10 - 15M

quite conservatively valued i would say.

wallace - ?2 - 3M

eggert - up to ?1M

zaliukas - ?2 - 3M

bouzid - up to ?500K

driver - ?1 - 2M

Maybe im a pessimist. I just dont think w would get some of these fees. For instance Leeds are looking at Zal apparently and it seems not out of the realms of possibility. What have they been forking out for a first team player? Genuine question. I dont know. But its not 2-3m is it?

Maybe im a pessimist. I just dont think w would get some of these fees. For instance Leeds are looking at Zal apparently and it seems not out of the realms of possibility. What have they been forking out for a first team player? Genuine question. I dont know. But its not 2-3m is it?

the only way vladimir romanov will be releasing zaliukas' registration papers is if he's offered a multi-million pound fee. he'll be asking for at least ?2M, possibly even more.

leeds are wasting their time there mate.

wallace - ?2 - 3M

eggert - up to ?1M

zaliukas - ?2 - 3M

bouzid - up to ?500K

driver - ?1 - 2M

I think some are quite generous.

Kello hasn't been capped by the mighty Slovakia yet, I'd be surprised if anyone would pay over a million for him.

Wallace - Agreed

Eggert could be worth a million, but he needs to cement a position first.

Zal's lapses in concentration (which he does still have) would more often than not result in a goal if he went to a better league. Not worth over ?2mill for me because of that.

Temps could be worth ?4mill, but on current value no more than ?2.5mill.

Driver like I said I think we would be lucky to get ?1million for him now.

the only way vladimir romanov will be releasing zaliukas' registration papers is if he's offered a multi-million pound fee. he'll be asking for at least ?2M, possibly even more.

leeds are wasting their time there mate.

Oh i agree that hwe wont be going anywhere. As someone pointed out, a player is worth as much as someone is willing to pay, not what we say is acceptable and I dont think anyone would bid 3m for Zal or 9m for Wallace or 2m for Kello for that matter. Thats not to say i dont rate them, i just doubt anyone will bid that amount as our league carries low stock and within that league our club has grade B stock. There's probably a geeky formual to work it out. Player x club x league x form.

tommythejambo

IMO Wallace is teh second best left back in Britain. If West Ham are happy to pay ?90,000 a week for Bridge, we could get ?5million for Wallace.

You honestly think Wallace is worth 9mil? Im not saying Hutton is either, in fact the Hutton sale will prbably work against the likes of Wallace cos it hasnt been a rewarding risk really. Again, not that im saying he is any better than Wallace but Hutton played many more times Internationally including eye catching performances against the likes of France and in the CL and Europe. Lee has played in the SPL and got one cap as yet. So he could become that valuable but he isnt yet.

Nope not at all, but Hutton went for 9 million and he's an attacking full back just like LW + they are roughly the same age so why not?

Hibs?

Welcome to Planet Earth...........

IMO Wallace is teh second best left back in Britain. If West Ham are happy to pay ?90,000 a week for Bridge, we could get ?5million for Wallace.

Really? You dont rate Cole, Baines, Evra, Clichy, Bale and various others better then?

Lee Wallace is probably worth more than their entire First Team Squad.

And I'm not joking.

probably right. Although second best left back in GB is a bit much.

Drylaw Hearts

probably right. Although second best left back in GB is a bit much.

Just a bit !!!

I don't think there is a single Hibs player worth more than a couple of hundred grand tbh.

If that.

Just a bit !!!

I don't think there is a single Hibs player worth more than a couple of hundred grand tbh.

If that.

Yea, despite the hatred their most talented player is Riordan who is performing poorly and out of contract and their young assets have done no more to prove their credentials than the likes of Jason Thomson. heir only half decent performer has been a goal and he is a journeyman keeper proably not worth 6 figures. Not good times for them cos they normally could generate income from the likes of Murray, Caldwell, Brown, Thomson or Flethcher.Hanlon and Wotherspoon are hardly filling the financial gaps.

Napoleon  Wilson

wallace - ?2 - 3M

eggert - up to ?1M

zaliukas - ?2 - 3M

bouzid - up to ?500K

driver - ?1 - 2M

I hope Steve Bruce hasn't read your post Spanky. I can imagine him sitting at home right now thinking "I know, il buy the entire Hearts 1st Team with the money we got selling from Bent" :lol:

Lee Wallace is probably worth more than their entire First Team Squad.

And I'm not joking.

So you would value him at more than ?2.50 and a bag of sweets?

Templeton'sUnderpants

Staggering, truely staggering. Purely out of interest who in your mind is the only left back in britain better than Lee?

Snake Plissken

Welcome to Planet Earth...........

I retracted the 3rd part if you'd care to read.

But I do stand behind the others.

If thinking our better players who are all under contract and in a team that is performing well are worth a few quid is outlandish, then I'm at a loss.

In a world where an average to good EPL striker is worth 18 million, I don't think the values quoted are outrageous.

Archived